Dreamworld Closing Down?

MickeyD

Once Big Brother finally get cancelled forever Dreamworld can finally reinvent themselves. They will then have lots more land to develop bigger and better attractions. A wooden coaster would look best where the studios currently are so you can view it from the carpark. I'm sure Dreamworld realise that WVTP's are beating them but one day Dreamworld will once again be the best Gold Coast park.

If they can somehow just plain sell the mistake called the Motocoaster, a Woodie would be great in that spot too(if one can fit there, i'm not 100% certain of the space out there)....

Does Mick Doohan have somesort of licensing agreement the ride must stay at Dreamworld for a certain time? or can they just sell it off whenever they wish to?

As bad as the ride is, if one of our smaller parks, with the space, had the cash to pick it up off 'em, I would be happy. If it was a local one, I'd be most happy. It's just doesn't fit Dreamworld is all.

Edited by colliric_855

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG can everyone stop going on about selling motocoaster! It's never going to happen. Sure, it's not the best ride, and personally I don't like it either, but it's not going anywhere. We just need to accept that and move on.

Plus a woody in that area, IMO, would suck, I'd rather them invest in a decent sized ride rather than trying to cram something crap in.

Why no love for Motocoaster? It has a motor and it certainly coasts for most of the ride, if you go to ride it with the expectation of Superman then you deserve to be disappointed.... All jokes aside, no more talk about selling Moped Coaster, it ain't going anywhere. And in response to the talk about when big brother dies, the park didn't use the space when the show first died, what makes you think they will when it dies the second time?

Oh god where do I start?

Someone comes on to post a rumor about a new ride (which has been done before (by WWW Worker) and RWC suddenly has the inside goss that it HAS TO BE a coaster...

Ok - so you later correct yourself and continue the speculation - but anyway moving on - the point about building a big woodie out where the studios are makes a hell of a lot of sense.

As for why they didn't do it the first time - who is to say that the networks weren't in talks with the production company from day one? Dreamworld may have known it was coming, and hence why they didn't do anything with the studio site?

In the end - stick a big woodie out there - and the skyline would be amazingly changed....coasters pretty well from end to end.

Sure its a few years off (BB has to have it's run again) but I sincerely doubt if 9 axes it for poor ratings (which they eventually will), nobody will be game enough to revive it again... clearing that site for DW to construct a beautiful woodie in it's place.

In my opinion - the cost of building a woodie wouldn't be that different to building one in the US - usually when we compare costs to construct, the Australian coasters have far higher costs for three reasons - shipping, labour costs, and OH&S requirements. The shipping cost here would be virtually non-existent (just the coaster cars would need to be shipped - and if they moved quickly - the old Bush Beast cars are for sale!)

Once Big Brother finally get cancelled forever Dreamworld can finally reinvent themselves. They will then have lots more land to develop bigger and better attractions. A wooden coaster would look best where the studios currently are so you can view it from the carpark. I'm sure Dreamworld realise that WVTP's are beating them but one day Dreamworld will once again be the best Gold Coast park.

DW will not close down the studio regardless of whether Big brother is on or not. It was off screen for 4 years and they stayed. They have plenty of land to develop regardless of the studios if they want to

OMFG can everyone stop going on about selling motocoaster! It's never going to happen. Sure, it's not the best ride, and personally I don't like it either, but it's not going anywhere. We just need to accept that and move on.

Plus a woody in that area, IMO, would suck, I'd rather them invest in a decent sized ride rather than trying to cram something crap in.

Agreed. It is a ridiculous suggestion. Period. Its up there with plenty of other ridiculous suggestions that said poster has proliferated this board with ( and by his own admission to just troll and cause mischief). But don't mention that AlexB or your posts may be removed.

I also cannot understand the hate for Motocoaster. I think as a family coaster it actually succeeds quite well. It has moderate thrills for the young or old and for most youngsters, it could be their very first introduction to "big coasters". My 7 year old went on it last year and absolutely loved it. So did everyone else that was lining up to ride it. The queues for the ride remained quite long for the entirety of the day that I was there. This proves its popularity amongst the general public. It isn't going anywhere in a hurry.

What I do object to is its inclusion as a Big Thrill ride. It is most painfully obvious that it should NOT belong in this category. If Dreamworld changed its marketing tactics in mind with this , then I think Motocoaster would be looked upon a little more favourably.

Edited by Jobe

If I was thrown in as management and was told I only had a few million to turn the park around, i'd rip every square inch of motocoaster and Mick Doohan branding (not to be confused with themeing) off the coaster, strip it bare, and turn it into some jungle bikes themed ride and attempt to revive some dignity back to that god-awful corner of the park known as "rivertown." Let's face it, the station is poorly designed, the building is ugly, and the whole project is essentially the steaming tip of the current Dreamworld dog turd.

Dreamworld kept virtually everything studio-wise that was theirs in place because it would've cost money to actually do anything that required effort. Simple as that. That's why the Big Brother Compound itself was in such destitute before the show got picked up again.

We're all forgetting here we've got a large group of managerial hot-heads who are never, ever, ever going to admit they cocked up at some point over the past few years. Park morale is at an all time low. Long-standing employees are leaving because of this. The park is the way it is because of management, management and management. Sure, another park down the road may have had similar issues. The key difference however is Village are experience-orientated and driven, have a great park lineage, are self-aware and thus bounced back quick. Ardent is a different beast. From the cutback ride hours, the steam trains, to the SBNO attraction list that probably outdoes some parks that are actually closed permanently, to the clusterfuck streak of mishandled decisions (IMAX & Goldie the Clown is just a starter), it's clear that management are on another planet entirely, and clearly don't give a rats except for numbers and riding the brand for every cent its worth.

Settle in lads, we're in the long haul.

Edited by Slick

I'd plan for it's medium term removal. By late 2015 it would be just gone. Nearly 10 years of it is enough. Put it on the market soon, see what price it'll fetch, and negotiate it's sale in 2014, for a 2015 removal. I figure it'll take a while to find a local buyer(and keep it here). Ride didn't cost them too much originally anyway, problem is finding someone who would actually want it, and that has the cash to make the loss negligible.

Everyone may as well just get over it. It's not going anywhere. Thrill seekers like many of us are not fans, but it constantly has long lines, and is popular with families and those no ready for the more full-on rides. They've marketing it wrong, that is all. It's not terrible, and certainly not bad enough to remove. It has its place in the park, and will be there for the foreseeable future

I am sure I said all this all a few posts above.......and RWC, you really are a stubborn type of fool aren't you?? I will repeat it for you one more time- just in case you haven't quite grasped the concept.

Motocoaster is NOT going anywhere, anytime soon. And that is a fact. Simple.

I know that(wasn't a serious suggestion, just a "what I'd do to that thing If I ever had the chance" thing)... but we CAN dream one day of it being GONE!

Edited by colliric_855

I know that(wasn't a serious suggestion, just a "what I'd do to that thing If I ever had the chance" thing)... but we CAN dream one day of it being GONE!

But why do u want it gone if it is a popular crowd puller for families and people looking for 'light thrills'?? Every ride in a park can't be a record breaker or a insane thrill ride. In my opinion, removing if would cause more negativity towards the park than there currently is. I think you (and others) just need to let go. You've just hooked onto this idea without any real base for your opinion. You may as well just say to remove every ride u don't like or don't ride. Why not rip up the Dreamworks area and build a coaster there? Because the park has to cater for everyone!
  • Like 1