Sea World Announces Biggest Summer Ever

Parkz News

Biggest Summer ever?? We're talking about a slightly renewed dolphin show. Then there's this: 'Sea World's second major attraction set to wow crowds this summer is the introduction of Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'. Major attraction??? It's a character meet and greet!!! Excuse my heavy punctuation, but please! This sounds like Wonderland in its dying days, trying to make a few dressed up characters sounds as exciting as an actual new ride ('cause, you know, they weren't building any).

They are saying it's the first time the turtles have appeared in an Australian Theme Park.

I have a photo of me and my brothers with them at Wonderland many years ago - so that's not correct (although it would be the first in the nickelodeon stable)

I had to re-read the article as the one-liner doesn't call it a "major" attraction... it does in the body of the release, and it's a bit rough to call it that, but for parents with kids who love TMNT, it would be a big draw. That said - slapping a new coat of paint and a new theme on an old kids land with the same rides is a bit of a stretch too - but Dreamworld did it successfully with Nick Central Dreamworks...

It is what it is... at least it isn't a kids ride being marketed as a thrill ride *cough* MDMC *cough*

The Dolphin Show IS an attraction. a Renewed show should receive some fanfare - much the same as Dreamworld trumpeted the end of the Tiger Island show and the introduction of the Tiger Pre-School (or whatever it was called).

From what i've heard - the rebranding of Imagine has some really cool elements to it, and i'm looking forward to seeing it.

Re: the TMNT - sure they aren't a new ride - but they are still an attraction. We've already agreed it isn't a MAJOR attraction as stated in the press release - but over the school holidays, the meet-n-greet would be quite popular, and warrants the term 'exciting new attraction' at the least. I remember when Shrek was introduced to Wonderland. 3 Appearances a day, 20 minutes each were not enough. Queues formed outside the photo area 30 minutes in advance of the appearance time... and people had to be turned away.

TMNT may not be your cup of tea, but clearly there is a perceived demand for it otherwise the park wouldn't have brought it in.

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't it be possible that this is a replacement for the current kids area? I'd estimate the current kids area plus a new roller coaster would be equal to that block of land bounded by the monorail where the Sea Viper and Pirate Ship once stood.

The current kids area plus the recently reclaimed land would form quite an area with no obstructions like the monorail.

If they were going to link it to the current kids area they could build something on the reclaimed that is closet to the current kids area. But I do think that the SV land would also be a good area, providing there are enough attractions in that area. I do remember seeing a press release interview with one of the staff members from SW about the TMNT. He did say that there would more attractions coming themed around the TMNT. There could be a possibility that the SV land could be a new area with rides themed around Nickelodeon. The current kids area could be something for younger kids (1-5), and then the new area could be targeted for older kids (6-10) (Ages are just a rough estimate).

Guess it is a wait and see but personally would think giving the existing kids area an update would make more sense than using the old Seascrew land. Last time I was there there was a number of former ride pads that had become "Table and Chairs: The Ride" so it isn't like they don't have space. The space where Corkviper was would be more suited to a more thrilling ride. Seems to be the general area for the more thrilling attractions. Would save a bit on confusion as people would already have a general idea where the kids rides are currently located.