Disneyland In Queensland

ryanlerch

when i went to disneyland in california last year, we got told by a disney employee that the australian disneylad is definiatly opening in Queensland. He said that they are starting work on it around 2008, to be completed by 2012. From memory he also stated that there would be 4 maybe more parks encorparated al together. has anyone else heard any recent information about where it will be placed or wheather this is true? cheers

Nope not happing, if it was some Employee in the park, they dont know crap, these are the ones that spread the most stupid rumors about disneyland, no one working at disneyland would know about a Australian Disneyland, either way next looks to be Shanghi than who knows, i dont see us getting one anytime in the next 20 years we dont have the population, tourism that a Disneyland needs to be supported or government support (Disney will onlyfund about 35 - 40% of the project, rest usally governments or companies) considering a Disney park and infersturcture to support it, transport, hotels etc start up for an opening would cost around 1-2 billion and thats for a Hong kong Disneyland type that will still be years away from a full day park Sorry the cast member doesn't know squwat!

'' australian disneyland is definietly opening in Queensland '' First post: Earlier this year there was a report in the Sydney Morning Herald that Disney were looking at buying up some land west of Sydney for a new theme park. There was also talk that disneyland was looking at land at Avalon in Melbourne. It would be FANTASTIC if Disneyland opened a park in Sydney seeing we only have Jamberoo which is not really a theme park and Luna Park which is CRAP. Melbourne wouldnt be so bad but they would give sydney siders a lot of crap.

I have to agree with bigglesworth003....Park employees would know zip about what the companies future plans would be in that area. I REALLY would love to see us get our own Disneyland & I don't care what state they built it in either. Being a Sydneysider it would be wonderful to see it here but at this point I'd be happy to travel where ever it was to go. It would be no different than as I do now to visit WBMW & DW :-)

• 1 year later...

I think we are all being a bit pessimistic here. The way I see it is yes, Disney currently can't afford the loss of putting a park here. But they are looking; and that is a start. Something like that indicates that maybe now is the time where we start to see these big additions here on the Gold Coast. We can't remain isolated from the theme park world for much longer. I think it's great :)

I think we are all being a bit pessimistic here. The way I see it is yes, Disney currently can't afford the loss of putting a park here. But they are looking; and that is a start. Something like that indicates that maybe now is the time where we start to see these big additions here on the Gold Coast. We can't remain isolated from the theme park world for much longer. I think it's great :)
I agree, it may not be likely but there's always the chance and we shoudn't always dismiss ithe chance of disney coming here so fast, nothing is impossible. Edited by sonic123488

If there was to be any theme parks to open, it would have to be in Sydney. Seriously, its just not fair. I dont know why Wonderland cloed down. Maybe someone could tell me? Because they had good business and were the only theme park in Sydney. Maybe they would have stayed open if they had introduced more rides every now and then to attract previous visitors. Sydney-siders have to travel to the Gold Cost for a decent theme park. It costs a lot of money, its just ridiculous.

^What you are forgetting is that Six Flags don't really build new parks, they buy and operate existing ones, well least till a few years ago, now the company is downsizing and selling off parks, the company is still in a lot of debt, and the CEO has stated their days of building $20 million coasters are over. I prefer to take the realists view, at least that way you aren't setting yourself up for disappointment. I have more hope in our existing parks just being successful and continuing to deliver good quality rides. The market is out there for a new park, just look at the proposals we have seen over the years, so it is on the minds of some, heck who predicted WWW. Yeah, people can say 'anything is possible' and 'all we can do is hope', but IMO these are easy statements to make that cant be disproven.

^What you are forgetting is that Six Flags don't really build new parks, they buy and operate existing ones, well least till a few years ago, now the company is downsizing and selling off parks, the company is still in a lot of debt, and the CEO has stated their days of building $20 million coasters are over. I prefer to take the realists view, at least that way you aren't setting yourself up for disappointment. I have more hope in our existing parks just being successful and continuing to deliver good quality rides. The market is out there for a new park, just look at the proposals we have seen over the years, so it is on the minds of some, heck who predicted WWW. Yeah, people can say 'anything is possible' and 'all we can do is hope', but IMO these are easy statements to make that cant be disproven.
Umm......and?

Umm......and?
Seriously mate grow up, if you haven't got something worthwhile to say then don't post. I took the effort to give a reasoned viewpoint and here you are typing some meaningless, 2 worded obnoxious post, I mean what are you getting at? You just quoted the post and wrote "umm...and", what else do you want me to say? I guess my post was just a bit over your head..... Edited by Gazza

Just don't see it happening. There's isn't the people volume for a disney. MW/DW are tiny compared to UK/US parks. Given the cost of new coasters and theming these days, nothing is going to suddenly burst on the scene. Many parks are now focusing on family days out, making there money from food and gift.

Actually, what I meant by my statement is that last night, Tarasai Vushe didn't channel the anger... ;) Ahem. Nah I just meant let's continue to talk about it practically rather than talk about blind hope. Personally, I expect we WILL start to see some great changes, it's just a case of when. I don't think we'll see anything too profound in the near future that's all.