Interested

Nat

It isnt off limits if you can afford a breaking entering charge. Wonderland is still enclosed grounds, so if public were in the park you would be tresspassing. After all the construction has finished and the Business park is fully operational than it would be able to gain access to the area. (But it just wont look like wonderland).

It isnt off limits if you can afford a breaking entering charge. Wonderland is still enclosed grounds, so if public were in the park you would be tresspassing. After all the construction has finished and the Business park is fully operational than it would be able to gain access to the area. (But it just wont look like wonderland).
You are such a book of knowledge Koolkidsyd

I read your post before you edited it and what you said is like saying the Holsworthy Army area is open to the public and nothing will happen if you go in there.

(But it just wont look like wonderland).
Won't it? I was expecting them to build in and around the park as it currently is, you know things like a cafe on top of Space Probe. "The Bus is now leaving for Holdworthy, NSW"

G'day all, I'm working on an A/V project for a major tourist attraction, one of my assistants was a wonderland tech. Some of the stuff he built may still be there and we may have support from our client to acquire it. These would be things like amplifiers, speakers, smoke machine, fx lighting etc. Does anybody know who i can approach now to find out if this stuff is still around ? Does anybody know the "real" state of the park now, or able to offer a means of legally accessing the place for a look around ? Thanks

G'day all, I'm working on an A/V project for a major tourist attraction, one of my assistants was a wonderland tech. Some of the stuff he built may still be there and we may have support from our client to acquire it. These would be things like amplifiers, speakers, smoke machine, fx lighting etc. Does anybody know who i can approach now to find out if this stuff is still around ? Does anybody know the "real" state of the park now, or able to offer a means of legally accessing the place for a look around ? Thanks
G'day Daz, Two chances my friend on both those fronts. Firstly, no way would there be any A/V equipment left and if so it would be trash. It was stripped out in early stages of the parks closure and sold, taken or whatever. Secondly, the real state of the park is that of an enlarged rats nest with things strewn from one end to the other. Also, whats that sqeaking I hear? no not rats but the tracks of the dozers which are very close to their target so getting in there is no longer an option.

Well thanks anyhow, it is at least worth asking. Next question i might ask then: Does anybody know who has any of this gear ? Daz
This stuff your talking about sounds expensive, im sure if it was worth something. wonderland probly would have just sold it off. Or possibly someone from entertainment may have the gear?. Dont think i can help you on that one.

According to my tech, who apparently actually made a lot of this stuff (with others), it was "application specific" in many ways. This is why we think it may have only held a minimum value, and therefore thought it may have been left to the rats. Apparently a lot of this stuff was also concealed around the park, in ceilings of buildings etc I would have expected the smoke machines and the like to be cleaned out at sale time because they be well known and sitting on some "asset register", but perhaps not this "application specific" stuff that he (and others) apparently built on-site. They'd be inside of all sorts of boxes / packages, and i'd think that only those who knew what they were looking at (and where they were placed) would know their worth. If anyone can contribute knowledge about this stuff, pls put your hand up....if it's laying around somewhere not being used, perhaps we can convert it into something more useful - $$$ - win / win if you get my drift ?

I dont get what you mean, what kind of equipment would be concealed in walls?, The only fx lighting i can think the park had was at Galaxy theatre but, that was all stripped late january 2004 when Tony laffen left?. I dont think the Outback woolshed had fx lighting, think their lights were just basic floodlights you can buy from the shops, with gels over them. And if their was stuff in the walls, they wouldnt be their for much longer, as djsupersleuth said they are starting to demolish the park.

If you want to speak to someone about getting onto the site, which I don't think you will be able to do anyway as it now considered a construction/demolition site, take a drive down there and go to the gates I am pretty sure there is a phone number for the on site security (some of the same people as when the park was open). If there is no phone number you should be able to get the attention of a guard as they have moved from the old security post to a new building that is about 50 meters inside the gates. But chances are if you go there during the week the gates will be open and you can go and talk to security. "The Bus is now leaving for Pomborneit Hall Site, Victoria"

The only other place I can think of besides galaxy theatre and outback woolshed that would have had any of this "application specific" equipment would have been in the probe tunnels and launchpad. I am fairly certain that probe's tunnels and pad were stripped of everything of value very early after closure, and I guarantee you that nothing "concealed in boxes" would have been overlooked by the people who stripped that place.

You should be able to get a hold of the demolition company that was contracted to remove everything. They should be able to tell you what happened to the things you are looking for. Generall things of value get sold in auctions as far as I know, so if that is the case they should be able to tell you who the auction house was and they should have records of who purchased what on the day. Hope that helps