One for the road...

mnemo

It's apparent to me theres a lotta folk who loved this Park nearly as much as I did.. Anyone care to join me on the corner of Wallgrove Rd and whooosh!.. for a evening of remembrance? ...... say April latish... It shouldn't go unnoticed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: Let's all have a party on the side of Wallgrove Rd! Let's all hold hands and say a little prayer for Wonderland shall we? You guys can do that stuff. I used to like the park but now I don't care about it....it's completely gone people! We're never gonna get it back! Edited by PattieBoi

I think for the people who had close memories of the park, it still is a very centimental thing. It'd be like saying "how could you not love your cat if it didn't love you. It's gone, you're not gonna get back you frieking tool!" ....Nice people in the world these days huh. But still, I can see that for those people who want to have a get together on a road next to the park and tell WLS stories to like two other strangers is a little... weird.

hmmm...... Pattie.. if u were sentient i'd comment.. . . . . ah f**k it i will.. against all my internal organs sayings "don't .. just watch and laugh.. " Pattie.. boy.. geez.. . tha's ok.... I will happily park my li'l 'ol directors chair on the grass and rem-Oh-niss to my hearts content!!.. 'She'.. AWL.. was the best thing that ever happened to me.. and yup.. I accept the inference.. because inanimates have personalities .. (keep up here bud..) Some things take on an existence by their very nature.. "AWL" HAD A SOUL! ... and basically I like to think a lotta of it was mine... so please.. don't bother bud.. I will have a excellent time..

but all I'm telling you is that the park is closed!
with more than 100 threads since the park closed, countless news items on and after the day, and so many other happenings like the octiva site, would you believe i didnt know the park was closed until pattie broke the news to me today......

OMG, pick a side and stay there. :P Seriously, what PattieBoi may not realise (because as far as I can remember he's too busy getting bling from his girlfriends) is that "things" can hold a centimental value. It's kind of why people don't like to move from one house to another, because it contains thousands of memories that people wish to cherish. Do I need to do any more similar situations in this thread or do you get the big picture?

I’m going to organise a road block of the M7 to M4 fly over so we can have a candle light vigil overlooking the dust pit that was once Bush Beast and Snowy (you actually get a pretty good view of what’s left of the park from there). "The Bus is now leaving for The Lighthorse Interchange, NSW"

Slick I agree with you about the house memories stuff. Even though I only went there like 1 or 2 times, I still hold my fond memories of that place like riding the Beastie when I was 7 with my dad, Getting a photo with the characters at AWL etc. Infact sometimes I still go over my pictures of AWL & wish I went there 1 more time before it closed. Anways. I think its a great idea to have a reunion thing there & maybe some of the old AWL workers could turn up. Sad but I wouldn't be able to come as I live 2hrs from the AWL site :(

:blink: Let's all have a party on the side of Wallgrove Rd! Let's all hold hands and say a little prayer for Wonderland shall we? You guys can do that stuff. I used to like the park but now I don't care about it....it's completely gone people! We're never gonna get it back!
I am not too sure if I know who you are Pattie or whether you worked at Wonderland during the same period as I did, but I would like to raise the question of your reaction to Mnemo's idea of arranging an AWL Staff Get-Together, albeit as strange as it may have come across. You probably have your reasons for feeling the way that you do. I think that I speak for the majority of people when I make the statement that most, if not all AWL ex-employees have moved on to bigger and better things with their careers and lives, and actually like working with/for their Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers, but all would agree that working at Wonderland was the best time of their employment and social lives. Some people may have left on bad terms and for whatever reasons, but I'm sure that even they too would like to catch up with the greater community that was Australia's Wonderland/Wonderland Sydney, even Daniel. B) People who worked with each other, people who worked at AWL at around the same time, or those who may have worked in the same division but at different times during the park's 18 year history, I am sure would like to catch up and reminisce about the times that they spent at AWL. I do have to say that Mnemo's idea of standing on the side of the road is a bit out-there. Alex B has a great point of with a reunion of sorts, but this should probably be held at a venue rather at the side of the road (Clint would probably call the cops on us). If someone is prepared to organise something along these lines, let us all know and I'm sure that you'll get a fair turnout. Great idea though Mnemo, count me in! ;)