Bush Beast Trains

coasterfreak

• 3 months later...

Hm, could someone work out how much each member or RC.com.au would have to donate to have enough for a few cars? I'm gonna email this guy and see how much they are individually.... ;-) EDIT: *Sends Oneil Shows an e-mail*

Edited by WnW_Rocks

If you look at the Beastie ad you will see that the carriages cost $2000 each. There are 418 members on this site with 1 or more post. That means if everyone chips in $4.78 you can have one carriage, which is pretty pointless because without a TRACK a roller coaster carriage has very little point. "The Bus is now leaving for Costin Reserve, NSW"

But we wouldn't need a whole train... And you can use them in other ways too! Like refurbish it and make the seats really comfy and all sorts of stuff.... Anyway, I shall dream on!
You know, it would make for a pretty awesome thing to sit in while playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. :lol:

Yeah a couch would be awesome.... mmm lets see 3 grand for the whole train divided by 7 cars is approx 430 bucks a car....thats a cheapish lounge for your living room. Got 6 other people on here who wanna slice up a train with me??? I got dibbs on the front car tho!! :):):)

Edited by dr_teeth

Yeah a couch would be awesome.... mmm lets see 3 grand for the whole train divided by 7 cars is approx 430 bucks a car....thats a cheapish lounge for your living room. Got 6 other people on here who wanna slice up a train with me??? I got dibbs on the front car tho!! :):):)
I don't know where you go that figure from but the only figure I saw was $2000 per carriage that means $14,000 for the whole train. As for refurbishing a carriage or two into a couch, do you remember how cramped and uncomfortable those carriages were? And that was just sitting in them for 2-3 minutes I couldn't even imagine how uncomfortable that would be for 10 minutes or longer, unless of course you are a midget or short arse. "The Bus is now leaving for Devils Couch, Victoria"

I don't know where you go that figure from but the only figure I saw was $2000 per carriage that means $14,000 for the whole train. As for refurbishing a carriage or two into a couch, do you remember how cramped and uncomfortable those carriages were? And that was just sitting in them for 2-3 minutes I couldn't even imagine how uncomfortable that would be for 10 minutes or longer, unless of course you are a midget or short arse. "The Bus is now leaving for Devils Couch, Victoria"
Oh, I thought it said $2000 for the train, that's a lot seeing as though it's been out in the open and that they probably never paid anything for it...

The add states 17 large cars from the Bush Beast priced at $3,000 each car. (I dont know where the 3 extra came from as there was ever only 14 cars on Bush Beast and I took the cars out to where they are/where). Therefore $21,000 for the complete red train and same for the complete yellow train, $42,000 for both, but I reckon you may be able to knock them down to $41,500. Same for Beastie trains, $10,000 per train or $20,000 for both.

Yeah the ad has the price per carriage not per train. Dj, I drove past there a couple of weeks ago and went up the road that leads to the quarry where you could see where the trains were stored and there was nothing there. The buildings that were used for the Out the Back show were there but all the ride parts and shipping containers were gone. As for the car park the piles of crushed concrete are getting bigger. Car park 2 which did contain the head office for the construction of the M7 will soon be able to be worked on as all of the demountable buildings that were being used have been dismantled and are waiting to be removed from the site. "The Bus is now leaving for Quarry Arm, NSW"

The trains are definitely not there, they were visible from the road the previous time I was up there but not now. I understand what you are saying about the weeds but to tell you the truth I was surprised at how little the area was overgrown. I can always go back and take a walk into the paddock to make sure but I’m satisfied that the trains are no longer on the site. "The Bus is now leaving for Weedyabregan Lagoon, NSW"

Well IMO they should've called the new development something to do with Wonderland like 'WLS Memorial Park' or something. People will drive past expecting to see the usual landscape of Beastie and such and instead they're greeted by an industrial complex. Will we really always remember WLS or will it be forgotten? Lest We Forget. :P