Wonderland leaves in style!

Nightshifter

just recently i heard wodnerland sydeny will be having a big show on the final day of operation, this may include stars maybe aussie idols there, but its said to be big fireworks displays and everything. to close the park there will be a countdown from 19 symbolising 19 years of operation then they are shutting down operation at 0. it sounds all exciting, ill be heading down for my last ride this saturday then the last day. im not 100% sure on this info, but im sure they are closing with a big bang.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It saddens me greatly to see you cannot even spell Wonderland correctly Shifty, but it kills me to see you cannot spell the name of the city you live in. Shame on you Dawg. I don't see why they'd be having a count down. It's not exactly a celebration is it? Then again, for the owners I guess it is. ;) The only big bang going to happen around Wonderland is when Demon finally sh*ts itself when it hits lift 2.

Another Shifty special, where do you get your information? Wonderland will be lucky to stay open until the 26th so I can't see them organising a concert when they don't know when they are closing. With this in mind I think Shifty is right, 'wodnerland sydeny' (by the way it's spelt I would say it's in Germany) will be having a concert, we will all just have to go over to Germany to see it. "The Bus is now leaving for Last Effort Falls, NSW"

Absolutely right. Why would they fork out money when the park is rat crap anyway? It's not exactly a 'Krusty the Clown' comeback special event is it? The way they're going with staff numbers at the moment, it'll be lucky to see the end of the month. Shifty, in the words of Bruce McAvaney, you're 'pure gold' digger.

Apparantley the managers have been desperately doing everything possible to fill shifts to ensure the park stays open until April 26th. It seems to be working too as none of the rides have been closed for a day yet (besides the usuals). Also, I heard that there were possibly a bunch of new staff employed in the attractions department. They were seen standing around in the wardrobe department trying on uniforms. Can't confirm whether they were actually new staff or not though. Who would take a job there now? Perhaps the CEO has seen the fairly largish numbers coming through the gates at the moment and wants to make sure the park remains open to suck in as much cash as possible before closure (and then more cash upon closure ofcourse ie. $52.5 mill)

As far as I know, a few ex attractions staff members have gone back and are doing shifts here and there on days off from their other jobs. Overtime is being thrown out like you wouldn't believe, just to keep the park going. They're going to lose a few to Luna Park by the end of the month, I'm not sure what they're going to do then. Hence, predictions on an early closure. They can always ring me... I'll go back til they close if they take me :P

This is all really, really sad. I would not say Wonderland will be leaving in a "Big Bang". I'm seeing this from a event organiser's point of view. Firstly Wonderland does not a budget to work this on. And secondly there is not enough time to organise this. And to have celebrity's appear you have to assure them a fat pay cheque months in advance. But to be honest with you all, I am truly sad Wonderland is closing!! I was looking at my photo's last night and it was hard not to feel sad looking at the photo's. It was like someone close to you is dying, and there is nothing you can do about it. And on another note. Sydney is a really, really big city. And it wont go too long without a ThemePark. Who knows; there might be development plans for a new park somewher! But who knows. I would hope to think so. And I think most of you would agree with me... Thats all for now. Screammachine

Everytime Shifty posts, he kills one of his brain cells. As I said before, I can't really see them spending a truckload of money on said event. Fireworks and countdowns and that type of shenanigans are usually associated with celebrations. I'm sure there will be some event to mark the occasion, but nothing to the extent that you have gone to Shifteroo. Knowing Wonderland, they'll give staff a can of coke and a sausage sandwich.

I reckon Wonderland will do well if they employ more staff. Don't forget that there's allot of students looking for work over the holiday periods. We get them up in the Gold Coast parks; people who only want to work for a week or three then get back to study. 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT YA GET!

What they'd ideally like is for ex-staff members to come back meaning they don't have to completely train them. They'd just recertify them on required rides, which instead of spending a whole day training might only be a couple of hours or so. Keep in mind that training on Demon, Probe, Bush Beast or Snowy is a whole day thing. Time they don't really have.

actually i just found out that wonderland is celebrating this on the last day to celebrate 19 years. They are doing it very early, but yeah i heard they are planning something really big, and despite money, the guy just sold the park for 52 million so i think only or not even 100 000 can be spent on their last day.

Shifty, do you actually read other peoples posts before you post something? You basically posted the same message before and again I will tell you that Wonderland will be lucky to stay open to the 26th of April, the way the staffing situation is going at the moment. If you can prove what you say by producing a press release or an internal memo or anything from Wonderland saying they are planning a concert I will believe you. See as you did it I will do it too, post my reply to your first post about this.

Another Shifty special, where do you get your information? Wonderland will be lucky to stay open until the 26th so I can't see them organising a concert when they don't know when they are closing. With this in mind I think Shifty is right, 'wodnerland sydeny' (by the way it's spelt I would say it's in Germany) will be having a concert, we will all just have to go over to Germany to see it.
"The Bus is now leaving for Heard Gully, Victoria"

Mate, I'm sure they don't HAVE to do anything of the sort. They'd ideally like to reap the benefits of the school holidays but how do you expect they cover shifts if we'll say 5-10 operators leave within a couple of days? More specifically Grade 4 operators. Mate, we could very well be wrong but it's very open minded thinking they'll still be open then. Pretty optimistic if you ask me. It's simple, if they can't cover shifts they won't be open. You'll note that Galbraith has never ruled out an early closure. He has said he will do his best to ensure it remains open until said date.

Fairdinkum! What kind of legal stuff and contracts are u talking about millsy! oops i mean willsy! Like you, I also have contacts in the media, and believe you me nothing has been said about legal stuff. If people go to the industrial relations, they'll be able to hear all the stuff that is true going on at Wonderland. Like Dan the Man said, you have at least 5 operators who will be going to Luna Park and they are grade 4 operators, so who will be operating the demon, probe etc then? The park cleaners? or even maybe Kevin? Mushroom Farmer? They are that desperate at the moment for staff, dont be suprised if the park did close early. After all, the way they are treating some staff at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said they can always call me Jack! I'll head back for some work. I'd just catch the bus that's all :P Let the Mushroom Farmer Operate. Ask him, he'd know what he's doing ;) They're seriously short of staff and it's only getting worse over the coming 2 weeks. C'mon Wonderland, you've got my number... :cool: No shenanigans I promise ;)