Bush Beast Train.

Bussy

I drove past Wonderland today and to my surprise saw the yellow train sitting at the top of the lift. I have heard some rumours from people still at the park that there is something going on but I can't say anymore at this time but all I will say is that Zordy may still have his fantasy come true. "The Bus is now leaving for High Lift Branch, Victoria"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove past Wonderland today and to my surprise saw the yellow train sitting at the top of the lift.  I have heard some rumours from people still at the park that there is something going on but I can't say anymore at this time but all I will say is that Zordy may still have his fantasy come true. "The Bus is now leaving for High Lift Branch, Victoria"
Why cant you share the rumors with us? There only rumors arn't they?

I drove past Wonderland today and to my surprise saw the yellow train sitting at the top of the lift.  I have heard some rumours from people still at the park that there is something going on but I can't say anymore at this time but all I will say is that Zordy may still have his fantasy come true. "The Bus is now leaving for High Lift Branch, Victoria"
Not wanting to give too much away at this early stage but the Heritage Order for the Bush Beast has gone in. As for your sighting.. probably more to do with prospective buyers than reopening the ride. ZordMaker

Willsy the reason I'm not going to share the details at this point is because there are only a few people working at Wonderland and I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Maybe it just got stuck there like all the other times and they just could be bothered fixing it again..?..
That may have been the case Willsy but seeing as the park has been closed to the public for nearly 2 months now it seems a bit strange that they would start fixing it now. "The Bus is now leaving for McCall Say Reservoir, Victoria"

this is a rumour but its true that part of the land at wonderland must be used for a recreation park, the size of the beach are and the river rampage and bush beats area. it is said that if there will be a recreation park, the beach area and possibly the bush beast may reopen, just a rumour thats all.
Well which is it Shifty a rumour or a fact? Did you get the information from here? "The Bus is now leaving for No Good Bay, Tasmania"

this is a rumour but its true that part of the land at wonderland must be used for a recreation park, the size of the beach are and the river rampage and bush beats area. it is said that if there will be a recreation park, the beach area and possibly the bush beast may reopen, just a rumour thats all.
Wonder where THAT came from :-) ZordMaker

Stephen Galbraith told staff during the 'closure meeting' that a number of staff would be staying on board after the park closes to keep the park maintained. He said something like this would include keeping the rides in good condition and looking after the gardens. I am not quite sure why he wanted to do this but it could possibly have something to do with their responsibilities ie. they may not be allowed to let the park waste away until all re-zoning approvals have been met

But if the trough on Snowy River Rampage has been redone, then it wouldn't be about getting a good sale price at all, because that ain't going anywhere. My personal action would be to sell the rides for what they're worth, and let the buyer bother about fixing them up rather than spend more fixing them in the hope that someone would actually be interested. I think it's a lot easier to stick a rusty, barely working ride into a multiskip than it is to stick one that's fully functioning and just had $10,000 spent on it. I'm leaning towards GoBoi's idea that they've got to keep the park presentable until the knocking ball arrives. Jaggie, I'm all for optimism, but just a stab in the dark on this one. I don't think that if that were the plan, they'd have announced that it will be demolished and replaced with an industrial estate.

Could Wonderland have closed It's doors,only to restructure and get rid of problems? As I said,but nobody anwered,It would all depend on it's financial position.If it was doing okay in that sense,then maybe It's posible,but otherwise,It aint gonna happen. Richard,did they go into specifics about this estate??Maybe they'll change their mind?Flea,you should sart up a petition.:D

Maybe those "For Sale" letters to the American Theme Park operators actually worked.. and someone's interested in it as a going concern. Or maybe there's some less than reliable information being bandied about on this site. I will say one thing about Wonderland.. the Lights are still on at night.. and Beast can be seen from well down the M4 on the way home. :-) ZordMaker