The Off Topic Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was in Victoria the past few days, and one of the things I did was take some time out to visit the Casey RACEso I could finally get on one of those Space Bowl slides (So far I've only ever ridden the kind where you ride in a raft, and not the body slide type) So anyway, here's a POV I took:

Edited by Gazza

That wheel is just a complete joke if you ask me... As for the cannon bowl, the WWW one seems a bit less crazy intense than the original pro slide version. The one at WnW in Orlando really wips you around and is damn fast. I don't recall any problems with the joins either... Still a damn fun slide

The one at WnW in Orlando really wips you around and is damn fast. I don't recall any problems with the joins either...
From what I remember I coudn't see anything for all the spray, and it spins you so fast that you get disorientated... Also you usually fall through the hole upside down... and dizzy. :/

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.ushsho.com/detailedsteelrollerc...results2009.htm The 2009 steel coaster poll results are in! http://www.ushsho.com/detailedsteelrollerc...results2009.htm ...Unfortunatley, most of our rides had too few riders who took the poll, so they weren't given official rankings (I think a minimum of 15 riders are needed for that). They still did have their winning percentages, so we can see how they ranked that way. Superman got 0.9091, which would have put it 31st, ahead of Top Thrill Dragster (31), but behind Storm Runner (30) Scooby got 0.5860, which would have put it at 150th. Motocoaster got 0.0909, which would have put it 356th out of 368...Just one spot ahead of the Vekoma SLC collective ranking (And hence, Lethal Weapon). Cyclone came in at 329th. Tower of Terror came in at 217th. Surfrider (As part of the Intamin halfpipe collective ranking) came in at 197th Tower of Terror got Jet Rescue only had two riders this year, so it couldn't even be given a winning percentage.

• 2 weeks later...

After spending several hours at Wet'N'Wild yesterday I was reminded how the parks try to grab money at every opportunity... Little did I expect to be asked an exorbitant amount for a Picnic chocolate bar on leaving the park. The vending machine read $320.00 to be exact! Upon attempting other similar items I got the same result, in frustration I tried for some mixed lollies and a Time Out began to release only to get caught. After some gentle persuasion it finally fell down, along with a Picnic that some other unfortunate tourist never got to eat. :D

Edited by Dylaan

• 2 weeks later...
I've recently returned from a trip to New Zealand and while I was there I visited this small adventure park called Waimarino. Is it just me or does anyone else think that some health and safety officials should check out their latest attraction - The Blob? What do you guys think?
Having a quick look online, they are used in a few parks around the world, I guess it's ok, I mean if they are in the park they have passed the safety inspections.

To those of you who have not seen it I would recommend you see Daybreakers, I thought it was a pretty good film, filmed mostly at movieworld and very true to the vampire genre (Except for the bizarre homage to Twilight calling the main vampire Edward..?).
Save your money, go to Blockbuster and hire Let The Right One In instead. Daybreakers starts off interesting, certainly is up there in the gore stakes... but the whole thing just leaves me cold. Recommended only for Robina Train Station enthusiasts. Edited by Gold Coaster

• rappa locked this topic