The Off Topic Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OceanGirl said:

http://www.mygc.com.au/man-rushed-to-hospital-after-standing-on-snake-at-popular-gc-beach/ 

Eeeek!!! Someone stood on a snake at Sea World ??? Hope they are ok!!! 

They can't even get their links right. Since when was Seaworld a "popular gold coast (gc) beach?"

45 minutes ago, iwerks said:

POSTED 1:10 PM, JANUARY 29, 2016,

The incident happened in October 2014

And they're only complaining now?!?! 

Edited by reanimated35

• 2 weeks later...

Wet N Wild was slightly busy today lol... this was the line not long after 10pm!

20160214_101513.thumb.jpg.b8d1e0290f607f

Apparently it went all the way back to outback spectacular ? Needless to say the queues for attractions in the park were pretty crazy.

Plus I think their Wave Pool is desperate for some maintenance, it seems to be working very erratic lately. During both visits recently, there has been wave cycle announcements with no waves following. After one today, everyone screamed and ran into the pool in excitement, only for nothing to happen and we had to wait for another 10 minutes. Then a second announcement, where the waves finally started. They only went for a minute or two, then stopped. Then a minute later the announcement came on again and the waves started again. They stayed on for a few more minutes (definitely not long) and then turned off again. Shoulda seen the mass crowd that walked out in disappointment at that point! 

I brought it up to a lifeguard who said the waves are in 10 minute intervals (duh. Already knew that ?) and then when I said the waves had been stopping and starting randomly all afternoon, she claimed they stop the pool if there is someone drowning, but believe me there was definitely nothing of the sort happening in there.

Ive been visiting that water park for years and I know how it's *supposed* to operate. And it definitely hasn't been working very well of late. 

Fix your pool please, WnW!!!! ?

Edited by OceanGirl

If the park (and the pool) were as crowded as you say, I would be prepared to give the lifeguard the benefit of the doubt on the E-stop. People duck dive and ass-clown around in there a lot. If there are so many people in the pool the lifeguards don't have the time to wait to see if they're joking, they may be more cautious. Nobody wants to have a drowning when they are responsible for it, so erring on the side of caution can't be faulted. I've seen the pool E-stop several times in a row for that very reason - bunch of ass clowns ruining it for everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this on facebook... *cringes*

This was not directed at me, nor do I know the person who sent it, only the person it was directed at. If I knew the person who sent it I would remove them from my friends list for this. Their grammar is bad enough to turn me away.

tbh- 
[Name redacted] bruh, you have a great personality & a really nice smile. You're good to talk to. You're so fit & so good at running cross country. Our best memory was the scoody - doo ride at Dreamworld hahah ? i was like 'holy shit' ? We didn't talk alot in our senior year but i hope we catch up when i come to brisVegaaas, miss ya bro, take care

Edited by Santa07

• rappa locked this topic