The Off Topic Topic

Two ways to look at everything - i'm thinking of people who have come to the coast for a limited time, bought tickets to dreamworld, and now can't use them. Whilst i'm sure they'd get a refund from Dreamworld if they went through the right channels, it doesn't help then if they can't afford to buy VRTP as well whilst waiting for their refund. 

VRTP would benefit from in park spending, but since they are granting free admission they'd also be taking a theoretical hit too.

Yes, its just as likely they'd get roasted for 'cashing in' as it is praised for 'saving family holidays' so yes, probably better to do nothing... but its just a shame.

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Great idea, though no doubt some elements of the media would report it as cashing in on tragedy with the park gaining in-park expenditure from those entering who usually wouldn't be there 

I would say it would be really poor taste. if anything they could arrange a donation for the victims, but to accept the competitors tickets is a bit much IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got delivered some really bad news today by my bosses. Despite starting my new job a month ago, it's now being made redundant due to statewide financial losses, consequently leading to major staff cutbacks at every campus. Only the most experienced are being kept, the rest of us are being let go of. 

Was supposed to be a contract until May next year, now my last day is December 23rd.

Back to the drawing board for me in regards to finding a job :(

That's sucks @Theme Park Girl

ive known a few people cop redundancies in the last couple weeks. Seems to be the time for it with financial strain and a lot of industries coming into a quiet holiday season. 

Wish you all the best, I'm sure your tee something up in the next 6 weeks, granted it is not the best time to be in the job market just before Xmas. 

Good luck! 

9 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Got delivered some really bad news today by my bosses. Despite starting my new job a month ago, it's now being made redundant due to statewide financial losses, consequently leading to major staff cutbacks at every campus. Only the most experienced are being kept, the rest of us are being let go of. 

Was supposed to be a contract until May next year, now my last day is December 23rd.

Back to the drawing board for me in regards to finding a job :(

^That sucks.  It's a shame you can't put your great TPG skills to use and be a theme park tour guide.

So in mid January i've got a family trip to the GC, and as expected i want to do the parks. I think i've worked out how best to do a Rope Drop run of MW, but i just cant think of how to apply it to DW. If anyone can help, 2 lists would be preferable; one without ToT and GD, and the other with.

My MW theory is:

1. Scooby
  2. Arkham (with VR)
  3. SE
  4. Arkham without VR
  5. GL
  6. JL#3D
  7. Road Runner
  8. Then WWF

(No interest in Spaceshot or HWSD 13)

DW theory without towers and Buzzsaw:

1. Wipeout
  2. HWSW
  3. Claw
  4. Tailspin
  5. Shockwave
  6. Pandamonium
  7. Madagascar
  8. BRCR
  9. MDMC (only for VR)
  10. Rocky Hollow
  11. TRR
  12. VC

Also is the Billabong worth it? And is Corroboree just VR now or still a normal show aswell?

On 29/09/2016 at 6:20 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

Aww, thanks for the support guys ❤️ Hopefully I'll find something else soon. I gave myself the day off today to try to de-stress a bit, especially since I got barely any sleep last night. Tomorrow I'll be jumping into the job hunting when I'm feeling a bit better. 

Is your job related to theme parks?

@jjuttp

no sure why you would even consider doing DW without ToT2. Understand not doing GD is height is the issues but ToT2 is a no miss. 

Your plan for DW seems little jumpy for mine, re-tracing ground that probably isn't required. If you are there for opening, i'd be knocking off ToT2 first, then tracking back to Panadmonium, TS and then along Ocean Parade (HWSW, WO, SW, Claw). I'd hit RHLR at lunch when lines drop a little, as they'll be your biggest wait on a hot day. Don't think TRR will be up. 

Billabong well worth it.

also think your MW planned if flawed from your first choice. You want to hit Arkham first, one train in peak is a nightmare, maybe even do your re-run immediately, then into SE. If you have no interest in HWSD then his SDSC whilst it's on and pulling most of the family crowd out of the park. You left DD & the villains area off too.  

@jjuttp

I'd do

Arkham

Arkham VR

Superman

WWF

Scooby

Road Runner

JL3D

GL

I agree with @Brad2912 on trying to do Scooby whilst the stunt show is on and i am estimating (maybe poorly, hopefully not) that my order would hit around that timing if you started from open time on a relatively quiet day. Been a while since i've been to Movie world though.

Also i left out Doomsday area, I haven't been since its been open.  Could maybe do before Road Runner in my order.

If you have time do Superman again..... and again

Edited by grrofunger

My top rides at movie World would be 

1. Green lantern. Such a smooth and consistent ride with awesome turns. Really love the banked curve before you pull into the station

2. Batman Arkham Assylum. So many inversions and such a good speed. VR definitely adds to the experience

3. Superman. Speed, speed and theming

4. Scooby Doo. Such a fun small ride, love the crazy turns and sudden drops

5. Batwing. The initial takeoff gives you an awesome feeling of being mid air, 50-60 metres in the sky

6. Doomsday Destroyer. Can get repetitive but is still a fun ride

7. WWF. Such cool theming but very slow and repetitive ride

8. Justice Leauge. So repetitive but would probably be fun for some families. 

9. Kids land. Meh

10. Dogems. Generic 

Schlitterbahn Waterparks and Resorts and the family that runs it said in a statement that the “Verruckt” ride at the Schlitterbahn park in Kansas City, Kansas, will be permanently removed from its tower “once the investigation is concluded and we are given permission by the court”. “In our opinion, it is the only proper course of action following this tragedy,” the statement read, adding that “all of us at Schlitterbahn have been heartbroken over the tragedy that occurred on Verruckt”.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/worlds-tallest-waterslide-shut-down-after-death/news-story/e3f82a2f4a8bfc6f31a35d9962cc264f

Looks like another great concept from Sally Corp.

http://sallycorp.com/news/sally-corporation-debuts-five-nights-at-freddys-the-ride/

Would really love to see more of their work here in Australia. I think MW proved it with JL that every park in Australia can afford and should have at least one dark ride.

• 1 month later...
  • rappa locked this topic