The Off Topic Topic

Well JL is certainly no Buzz Lightyear Blasters. Lol the first time I rode JL the guns broke so we had to just sit there the whole time. Has that happened to anyone?

No. That. Has. Never. Happened. To. Anyone. Else. On. This. Board. Ever.

See what I did there? You were expecting those words to each be links to the numerous examples of people speaking of their experience on JL on this board. But not this time friends, you can do your own search.

Can't paste the link because this site is still broken in IE, but the Ettamogah Pub at Aussie World is no longer.

Do you work for news.com.au or are you just a fan of sensationalist headlines?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/ettamogah-the-pub-with-no-name-20141123-11s8a8.html

The Ettamogah Pub at Aussie World is no longer the Ettamogah Pub, but it's still pulling beers.

Aussie World general manager David Thompson said the licence for the Ettamogah name had been "handed in" to pursue an opportunity to build a bigger and better brand.

I actually do not think that this will hurt Aussie World in the slightest. The pub is still there, it will still be a huge attraction smack bang on the Bruce Highway. All its lost is the "Ettamogah" name, a name which really does not lend itself heavily into the here and now or being particularly relevant. It can still sell itself as an Aussie branded iconic pub without the Ettamogah name just as successfully. This also means that they do not have to pay to licence the name, a move which can now be reinvested back into the park.

Its been a while since we have heard anything from Aussie World on the ride front. Their website has no mention of the new Pinfari kiddie coaster nor the walkthrough attraction in the Town Hall that was mentioned a few months back. I would have expected them to be open by now- can any board member enlighten us?

• 2 weeks later...

Question here, I'm heading down to Wet'n'Wild tomorrow and I might try the Aqualoop for the very first time, a question to people who have done the AquaLoop before, Is it more scarier than Superman Escape and Arkham at Movie World? Just a question that I wanted to ask! Ninja :)

Yep - I'm with Kev on this one - waiting in the launch capsule is the worst part - after you're locked in but before the trapdoor falls. It certainly gets your heart racing!

After the drop, you get a few seconds of water in the face and a feeling of motion, and then splashdown.

Best advice I can give is to control your breathing - in and out strongly but not deep... then when you hear 3, prepare to breathe in, in on 2, half out on 1, then in as hard as you can - theres a 1 second gap after 1 until the trap door drops, so you've got time for a full breath...

Every time I go on it my heart rate always increases while waiting for the drop. Once you do it is fine. First time I went on it there was a lot of anticipation while walking up the stairs and waiting. Just after the peak of the loop there is a pipe spraying a lot of water, which will get you in the face. Then you will slide up the walls a couple of times on the final straight at a high speed. It is a great ride though.

• rappa locked this topic