The Off Topic Topic

Yeah - for both of them - the worst part is the capsule. If you've been on the wedgie - you don't have anything to worry about on Aqualoop. It is a much better experience - you don't really notice you're going through the loop - it's just high speed, and water in your face - a lot like Wedgie.

Alex, they do still have the surfboard backpacks on the AquaLoop.

Ninja, the jetstreams aren't as suspenseful as the Aqualoop. And I wouldn't say it is as full on as aquloop either. It does feel like you do come off the slide due to the speed and the angle. You do also get a lot of spray flying into your face as you go down. Start with the outer slide and then if you enjoy that, try the middle slide. They are good fun. When I last went on it, it didn't hurt my back competed to some of the slides

Edited by themagician

Robert Niles, Theme Park Insider, was on ABC Radio last Saturday. They talk briefly about the differences between Theme Parks and Amusement Parks, before going on to discuss International Parks.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/

The Podcast is here:

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/local/overnights/201412/r1371143_19342323.mp3

Should point out somethings at MW

the lasers are back in Scooby, same as it was back in September

also should point out there Superman has a new sign saying no loose items allowed at the entry and when I went on Tuesday every single staff member asked the same question, "Do you have anything in your pockets?" also they checked everyone before we went on the train, five people had brought sunglasses and had to exit the ride and rejoin the queue line, They don't take any bull crap the staff at Superman

Edited by The_Ninja_59

also should point out there Superman has a new sign saying no loose items allowed at the entry and when I went on Tuesday every single staff member asked the same question, "Do you have anything in your pockets?" also they checked everyone before we went on the train, five people had brought sunglasses and had to exit the ride and rejoin the queue line, They don't take any bull crap the staff at Superman

Since when has any of that been new?

They didn't do that in September on SE - they were very mellow. I'm pretty sure they collected belongings in a box and took them through to the end of the ride.

Nope. Since day 1 of opening you are repeatedly told no loose articles by the entry attendant, signage and the video loop. Only items that can be removed and left behind with an attendant at the doors are prescription glasses. Been that way for 10 years

Other medical items such as Asthma puffers etc are allowed through the queue line as well. Strangely enough Jellybeans are permitted too (Diabetics) but that only happened to me once as an entry host.

Up until early 2012 glasses actually had to be left in a locker, but for various reasons that procedure was changed to being allowed to wear them until your seated on the train.

Yeah, I've seen what they're like when they're tough. In the early days I also saw them make people take their thongs off. I presume it must have been prescription glasses the guy had. The only coaster I've seen that was more strict than SE was BSG @ USS. They actually used a handheld metal detector on you.

• rappa locked this topic