The Off Topic Topic

^same. I found it was too hard to sort through everything I wanted to read and separate it from all the guff I wasn't really interested in. Robb's a nice guy - but when people piss him off it usually ends in a verbal brawl that drags on for pages.

I do follow their Facebook feed and find that keeps me up enough with things happening in TPR land.

MOVIE WORLD MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE

Green Lantern Coaster

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Mon 26th Jan and will re-open Mon 16th Feb 2015.

Road Runner Rollercoaster

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Mon 16th Feb and will re-open Mon 9th Mar 2015.

Batwing Spaceshot

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Mon 9th Mar and will re-open Mon 6th Apr 2015.

Wild West Falls

Closed for scheduled maintenance from 6th Apr and will re-open Mon 6th Jul 2015.

Superman Escape

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Mon 27th Apr and will re-open Mon 25th May 2015.

Pounce n' Bounce in Kids' WB! Fun Zone

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Mon 4th May and will re-open Mon 17th May 2015.

Tweety Cages in Kids' WB! Fun Zone

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Mon 18th May and will re-open Mon 31st May 2015.

Arkham Asylum

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Mon 25th May and will re-open Mon 29th Jun 2015.

Q

With the WWF closed for 2 months I'd imagine they will be giving a fresh coat of paint.

It's closed 3 months so hopefully May get a full re-fresh

I think they should close AA for two months - ouch - that thing has not aged well.

So you think if they keep it closed for an additional month it will what, become a better ride?

I'm sure if it needed more than a month it would have it.

Also, what's wrong with it?

I'm guessing here, but I'd say they're going to re-do the drops - not redesign, but pull it down and do maintenance off-site (or at least off ride site). Probably drain the whole site and patch any leaks, work on the pumps, clean out all the rubbish that idiots throw in or that just blows in. Maybe fix the effects during the slow areas and get the sound working again.

It's closed 3 months so hopefully May get a full re-fresh

So you think if they keep it closed for an additional month it will what, become a better ride?

I'm sure if it needed more than a month it would have it.

Also, what's wrong with it?

Yeah, I know there's not a lot you can do for an old coaster in two months. Yeah, I found the last half of the ride a little jarring, especially the two inline twists. I thought the AA train was interesting, as it didn't knock your head from side to side like the LW one. AA's not the Thunderbolt, but it's not as smooth as it used to be.

With regards to WWF, I suppose it's unlikely they're going to bring the smoke effects back. Does that population sign still break?

• 2 weeks later...

If Carnivale is in April this year do you think that will mean no one will be getting free entry considering passes don't expire till June? I saw the VIP Pass you can buy now includes in (till June this year).

Also, has anyone noticed the 'ticket to ride' which is included with a 1 day world pass? Valid for 1 person to jump the queue of 1 ride.

Coaster Park Tycoon (by the people who brought to you RCT3) has been announced.

Source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105309

Hi everyone,

more exciting times ahead! We have announced a new game - Coaster Park Tycoon - in an operations update press release. Here are the relevant details:

Coaster Park Tycoon
Frontier became the acknowledged leading developer of Tycoon games for its work on the RollerCoaster Tycoon® franchise, particularly its development of 2004’s 10M unit-selling PC game RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 which is still considered the benchmark of the Tycoon genre, more than ten years after its release in 2004.

Coaster Park Tycoon, scheduled for 2016 release on PC, is intended to raise that benchmark for ‘Tycoon’ gameplay even further by combining accessible creative features with a sophisticated simulation.

Jonny Watts, Chief Creative Officer of Frontier Developments, said:

“Coaster Park games appeal to a great many people, as proven by RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. It is a field for which Frontier has unparalleled expertise and immense passion, and one to which we have long wanted to make a ‘no-holds-barred’ return. We want Coaster Park Tycoon to be another major step forward for the simulation genre, and sit alongside Elite: Dangerous as a second major self-published franchise.”

We'll reveal more details as we progress, but in the meantime if you want to register for updates through the mailing list you can send a mail to: info@coasterparktycoon.co.uk

Thanks!

Michael

• rappa locked this topic