What's new for 2010

themeparkgc

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Big 6 do you think will be revamped in 2010?

• Motocoaster
    • Claw
    • Cyclone
    • Giant Drop
    • Tower of Terror
    • Wipeout
  2. 2. What do you think is in store for WWW in 2010?

• Stage 3 Major Expansion
    • Other slide(s)
    • Nothing (again)
  3. 3. Will Movie World's White Christmas Draw the Crowds?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone mentioned on the DW Facebook page that it looks like the TOT is the ride that will be getting the re-launch as it is closed in both March and again in June. The June closure is only 2 weeks so would that really be enough time for any serious upgrade? I was disappointed that the Giant Drop won't be down for maintenance for any significant period meaning this probably won't form part of the re-launch. I was really hoping we'd see a re-work of both attractions and a full upgrade of the tower itself. Guess not!

The following rides and attractions will be closed for scheduled maintenance: * River Rapids 27 Jan to the 31 Jan * Log Ride 1 Feb to the 7 March IN SUMMER?! REALLY?! * Nick o Round 2 Feb to the 5 Feb * Tea Cup 8 Feb to the 11 Feb * Reef Diver 15 Feb to the 26 Feb * Tower of Terror late opening 1pm 9 Mar to the 9 Apr, 12 Apr to the 30 Apr It opens late for an entire month, then closes for 3 weeks. (but that still leaves 2-3 months until the relaunch?) * Dora the Explorer 9 March to the 12 March * Reptar 15 March to the 26 March * Angry Beavers 19 Apr to the 29 Apr * Moto Coaster 3 May to the 7 May * River Rapids 10 May to the 26 May * Sponge Bob 31 May to the 4 June * Tower of Terror 11 June to the 25 June To finish the upgrade and relaunch * Claw 19 July to the 1 Aug * Blue Skidoo 3 Aug to the 6 Aug * Flowrider 9 Aug to the 16 Aug * Cyclone 18 Aug - 27 Aug * Swinger Zinger 7 Sep to the 10 Sep * Bumper Beach 13 Sep to the 17 Sep * Wipeout 12 Oct to the 2 Nov * Giant Drop 4 Nov to the 20 Nov West, 22 Nov to the 8 Dec East However unless they do painting outside park hours (which could be done as there isnt really any noise involved) I guess the tower itself doesnt get a repaint?

Edited by reanimated35

Someone mentioned on the DW Facebook page that it looks like the TOT is the ride that will be getting the re-launch as it is closed in both March and again in June.
If there is any ride in need of a "re-launch", clearly it is Motocoaster :P
* Log Ride 1 Feb to the 7 March IN SUMMER?! REALLY?!
In the quietest part of the year don't you mean?

^ a month seems like quite an extensive down time for the log ride given the lack of routine work undertaken there over the years.. I'd be interested to see how it looks when the work is done - in fact it would seem the whole park is getting some much needed TLC at one point or another this year.. Great to see Dreamworld!

Last time I rode the rapids (A month or so ago) The jets were not there, so that seems new to me. The water spraying in the tunnel has been there for a few years at least. Weather or not it had been turned on or not was a different story though. I for one am REALLY glad to see Dreamworld Picking up there game :)

regarding the new SeaWorld addition, I think one of these Mack "Twist & Splash" tea cup style rides would be fun: http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fulls...nteractive.html Mack makes tea cups interactive Published: 04 January, 2010 Mack Rides has introduced Twist ‘n’ Splash, an interactive, water-based version of its classic tea cup ride. The perfect attraction for parks of all sizes, including waterparks, this spinning ride features multiple new patented features including boats that are able to float free on the water and rotate on their own axes. The water gun system, meanwhile, is the same as used on Mack's other interactive water attractions. The full-sized ride measures 22-metres (82ft) in diameter. Twelve 4 or 6-seater boats carry up to 1,440 passengers per hour. A “mini” (14-metre diameter) version is also available, offering a theoretical hourly capacity of 960. The ride can be built on a steel floor and offers low maintenance and operational costs. The first unit is scheduled to appear at the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool, England, in 2011, but Mack may introduce one before that at Europa-Park in 2010. - Interesting! The more I think about it, could this be SW's new ride too? also check it out on youtube:
Mickey D your on the mark yet again as of Dec 20th Sea World has several employees who freely roam the park doing surveys with family groups. They will ask a series of questions based on the park in general then will bring out 4 cards from there bag. Which are 4 picked attractions in concept design for the park on the card and they are asking which one of these 4 attractions would you like to see in the park in the very near future, you must rate them 1-4, 1 being best. I can say what 2 of the attractions are, one being a twist 'n' splash unit, very well themed may i add and the other i will say is a large flying fox attraction. As for now thats all i can say but it shall get the speculation rolling.

I did wonder why it was so quiet in here... :P I would have liked to be approached for the survey while I was there. It would be great to see what they are considering \ have some input into what they deliver. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many people they survey, they're still going to go with what they think will work, regardless of guest sentiment. It's also a problem because the market they really need to target (the say - 13 - 30 age group) are the least likely to stop and be willing to take part in the survey - thereby leaving us with the majority of opinions coming from families, who will give the responses for more family related attractions. I certainly hope they run a demographic against the survey so that they can see who is giving them what responses, so they can target the responses in the demographic they need to address.

You beat me to it alex i was going to make a very similar joke but had a feeling someone would do the honours well done :D As for the survey you have hit the nail on the head. The point of it i find stupid as the park is going to have a pretty good idea of which one of the attractions they are after. Plus how the themeing, marketing ect can be tied into the park. As for the target audience the surveyors are only targeting "families" and the attractions are all based at ages i would say 8-17. Though all are very wise choices by the company. One of the 2 in which i didn't mention is a copy of a attraction in a park in the California region. I havnt had a chance to try it out but will do so this year on my annual USA trip in mid july.

Edited by klassen24

Probably has nothing to do with a new ride or anything, but the other day as I was waiting just inside the gate for friends to come through ALDER construction people came through, I reckonised one of them from working on a building I was at, they said something to a staff member and were pointed in the direction to the staff entry and the offices... just thought it was interesting as to why they would be there, considering their job is to build things!