Tower of Terror Update

ads086

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Superman has been closed for nearly a year now, while ToT was closed mornings for a couple of months, and closed proper for only a few weeks, so that could be a large part of the answer. The rumour is that once it's all working over there, the upgrades to the system will be implemented here, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Well Superman has been closed for nearly a year now, while ToT was closed mornings for a couple of months, and closed proper for only a few weeks, so that could be a large part of the answer. The rumour is that once it's all working over there, the upgrades to the system will be implemented here, but I'll believe that when I see it.
That was pretty much what I was hinting at. And almost all the photos i've seen of Superman only have 1 of the 2 sides running. Hence I was thinking they may have only done one side FOR NOW so that if there was issues (and apparently there has not been) they could then install it on the 2nd side. If there were issues they could have at least had the other side running at the normal height until the bugs were sorted out. Dreamworld has quite a strong relationship with SFMM when it comes to these 2 rides, sharing information and tips and whatnot. Not to mention Dreamworld sent the spare wheels over to the park when the ride needed them as it was quicker than Intamin making new ones for the ride. So in return Dreamworld got the shiny new wheels. Now what I am saying about the 2 sides IS pure speculation, but from a company point of view it kind of does make sense especially if it's a new system never been used before. Having 1 side running at a reduced height is better than having no ride in the event of issues, and being able to fix the issues on the other side. Once they are fully tested and working well... integrate it onto the other side, and the twin version of the ride down under.