My Day At Movieworld

jdool16

To top it off last couple of rides lined up for Lethal I was next group on front seat which I had waited for and as it went around the loop past the station it blew the lid shut, but operators weren't watching so when it came back the ride had to have a mechanic brought in, because of this the ride was closed for the day. Now I can see the reason behind it, but why couldn't they wait for the mechanic and send the last rides, I mean SE was going to bed running for the next hour, and because of this the staff on the ride got abused so heavily because they weren't watching and saw the lid shut, guests made them shut the lid to see the sound but they weren't budging, which I get why but closing straight on the guests and while they said sorry they just seem truly sorry or convincing and because of that the GP gave it them.
Sorry, I don't understand what you have written here. Are you saying they had to close the ride because a 'lid' blew shut....What lid?

Now I can see the reason behind it, but why couldn't they wait for the mechanic and send the last rides
Read up on the Big Thunder Mountain accident to see why. I agree the situation sucks though, I've long been of the opinion that Gold Coast parks don't compensate people well when they've been in line for a long time and rides breakdown. One could argue that they don't HAVE to, but since it's a customer service industry they SHOULD be doing something for inconvenienced guests. I don't know what, maybe members have other ideas? (Return tickets, front of line passes for other rides?) It also sucks that River Ride and Batman still alternate even though the park is packed for the holidays. With any luck that will change soon, I've found that even in the middle of the summer holidays, if the park firing on all cylinders large crowds are quite bearable. I will also say something In defence of the park; Lethal and Superman are only running one train because that is all that's available at the moment. Lethal only has one train, and Superman's second is still having work done on it. The moment the second Superman train is available I'd suggest it'll be two train operation again, but for now operational realities dictate one train only. Interesting report in any case :) Edited by joz

Its the lid that are on the boxes for guests to place their loose articles in and it closed because it made a loud banging noise, but staff didn't see it was the box, they thought it came from the train. Looney Tunes and Batman from what I saw Yesterday were going all day and I understand SE only has one train, but for their sake I hope they get back up and running asap and with LW the red train hasn't been there for a while but it would be nice to see it back... but with it being gone for so long, I think its just my wishful thinking!

Nah, I understand now. In the station there are those loose item storage boxes with hinged wooden lids (just like the lid on an old style school desk. Normally, I think they get shut when the ride is going, but in this case they weren't, so when the train whizzed past the loading station on its way into the sidewinder the wind generated must have caused the lid to bang shut, and since the ops didn't see it happen they had to assume the bang came from the train rather than the lid. This is why we ask people to read their posts to make sure people can understand them before clicking 'add reply'.