• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Bmull19

Bmull19
  • Members
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Uhm... Theme Parks?

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

The other day I noticed themeing disappearing on Spongebob and Swinger Zinger; but I shook it off as a maintenance thing. But, now, it seems to be going around a lot, Nick has cancelled the contract with Dreamworld. Does this also mean that Pipeline Plunge's theming will soon disappear also?

#2 keadz

keadz
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

That's a fairly big loss there if true. Keen to see what they do with the area...

#3 Cruiseshipfan

Cruiseshipfan

Hopefully future member of Universal Creative

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

They will have to follow suit with Universal Studios with rethemeing everything. Hopefully it will work out well. Sad to see Nick go but I guess they wouldnt be known by kids in a few years time as many of the shows can not be seen on tv anymore.

2m4y453.jpg

#4 T-bone

T-bone
  • Members
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

Time for Kennyland to return perhaps if this is indeed true?

#5 Jamberoo Fan

Jamberoo Fan
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:50 PM

Sad if it is true but i like to point out that Spongebob Flypants and Swinger Zinger are in maintenance now or have been in the past 2 weeks according to Dreamworld website so it could still be a maintenance issue. If it is true, wait & see if Dreamworld makes an annnouncement or wait & see if the giant Reptar statue next to the Runaway Reptar Rollercoaster disappears lol
Jamberooooooooooooooooooooo!

Where YOU Control The Action!

#6 Gazza

Gazza

Double Click Hyperlinks

• Community Leader
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

So hang on. Two nick minor Nick rides being under maintenance = contact being canned? Calling bullshit on this one.

#7 Bmull19

Bmull19
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:28 AM

So hang on. Two nick minor Nick rides being under maintenance = contact being canned? Calling bullshit on this one.

One ride under maintenance. Two rides already lost theming. But I don't know, I'm still on the fence for this one because Dreamworld haven't yet confirmed it, but there is some evidence supporting it. I guess we'll wait and see soon.

#8 Gazza

Gazza

Double Click Hyperlinks

• Community Leader
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:41 AM

But if they neen to inspect the structure or access the internal drive then the panels of theming would need to come off. Or has the ride re opened without theming and a new name?

#9 S.Willie

S.Willie
  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

Dreamworld has lost there contract with Nickelodeon and it should be all down and dusted by Sept. But in saying that there is a possibility of a new contract with another company that is still unsure. It all seems to have a quite exciting twist Mwahahaha.

#10 Bmull19

Bmull19
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

Gazza, 2 rides have reopened without theming. EDIT: The name has not changed for Swinger Zinger, but I believe that the name of the Merry Go Round has changed (because it mentioned something to do with Nickeloden).

Edited by Bmull19, 08 June 2011 - 11:14 AM.

#11 Gazza

Gazza

Double Click Hyperlinks

• Community Leader
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

What did they call Spongebob Flypants?

#12 Bmull19

Bmull19
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

Spongebob is still under maintenance for now. Not sure yet. I'm curious in the same thing. Maybe Swirly Flyer? No idea.

#13 themeparkgc

themeparkgc
  • Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

According to Dreamworld's website Blues SkiDoo was under maintenance from 30 May to the 3 June, 2011. Any themeing changes there? Also the merry-go-round was originally called "Nick-O-Round" when Nick Central first opened in 2002, but then it changed to "Backyardigans Mighty-Go-Round" a couple of years back. Are you sure you haven't just noticed this other name for the first time?

#14 Bmull19

Bmull19
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Could be. o.O I never really walked around that bit. More and more people are claiming that Dreamworld actually cancelled the contract with Nick. Dunno if this is true or what. And people have said Dreamworks are the next thing?

#15 themeparkgc

themeparkgc
  • Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

All these people? I admit, some themeing has been removed (evident here, here and in the background here), however at this stage I wouldn't be certain as to what is happening.

#16 Bmull19

Bmull19
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yes, SOME of those people, but also others. No idea though. I know it's still rumors, and that it's not true until officially announced. It's just nice to speculate a bit, even if it turns out to be a dud. Only time will tell.

#17 pin142

pin142

The only member with a "Warn Status"!

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

Theming on these rides can be re-added quickly and easily. The Tiger Island end of Nick Central is understandable the sign going missing. It is really weird having the classic logo sign at one end and at the other the new signage. Bit of luck it is only disappearing for maintenance. The two beavers at Spooty Spin (Norb and Dag) need some attention if they are fixing things up.
Superman fast? The highway is quicker!

<fancybannerimagehere.jpg>

#18 Bmull19

Bmull19
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

Are the two beavers back? Last I saw they were missing? But maybe if they are back now that it is just maintenance around all of Nick Central.

#19 Original

Original
  • Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

My god, I'm really surprised no one here hasn't been talking about this earlier! I mean it is still a rumour until confirmed by management but I heard about Nick leaving DW about a month ago. I think if it is happening DW should really announce it if theming is coming down... or maybe they want it to disappear nice and quietly?!!

#20 Jamberoo Fan

Jamberoo Fan
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

What happened to Dora The Explorer Sea Planes? I know it's removal happened quite a while ago but was just wondering if there was a reason for its removal?

#21 Gazza

Gazza

Double Click Hyperlinks

• Community Leader
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

I remember the reasoning simply being that it was beyond the point of being repairable in a cost effective manner. Didnít it get replaced by Blues Skidoo or something?

#22 Bmull19

Bmull19
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

^ It got replaced by something even more awesome! A 270 foot flying B&M Coaster.... Nah; hasn't been replaced yet. Just a plant sitting there.

#23 Jamberoo Fan

Jamberoo Fan
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Last time i was at Dreamworld (last april), the Dora the Explorer Sea Planes site was just empty with some plants inside it i believe. Blue's Skidoo is located behind it.

#24 T-bone

T-bone
  • Members
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

Got to remember that Dora was from Magic Mountain, so it was quite an old Machine, and a time will eventually come where the cost to repair/ refurbish just isn't worth it.

#25 Jamberoo Fan

Jamberoo Fan
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

I thought that ride used to be in the old Country Fair area as the 'Red Baron'. Or did it operate at Magic Mountain before moving to Dreamworld as the 'Red Baron' in 1982?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users