No more Nickelodeon at Dreamworld?

Bmull19

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression it was added when Magic Mountain sold all their assets either prior or post their 1991 closure.

It has been at Dreamworld since 1982 - thats for sure. But it could have been relocated from Magic Mountain prior to its opening at Dreamworld or may have originally opened at Dreamworld. I don't really know where it originally operated from - you may be right. But it is fact that it has been at Dreamworld since 1982 originally called the 'Red Baron'.

Just going back to what Original said a few posts back about not believing no one was talking about this... This is the second time something like this has come up recently. When you find out inside information, it's exactly that. If everyone knew about it, it wouldn't be inside information. When you guys find out things you're not meant to know/talk about, why are people now suddenly getting suprised everyone doesn't know and isn't talking about it? I don't get it.

It has been at Dreamworld since 1982 - thats for sure. But it could have been relocated from Magic Mountain prior to its opening at Dreamworld or may have originally opened at Dreamworld. I don't really know where it originally operated from - you may be right. But it is fact that it has been at Dreamworld since 1982 originally called the 'Red Baron'.

Happy to be corrected as Necessary. Regardless if it started it's life in 1982, or earlier, it was old and past it's usable service life. Edited by T-bone

This is a very interesting development if it ends up being true. Nickelodeon Central was a big success for Dreamworld when it was built - it boosted attendance significantly, especially with the family market. We all know DW also loves a good brand tie-in. And as others mentioned, there is Nick's Pipeline Plunge too. If it's true, I would assume the break up was initiated by Nickelodeon. I'm pretty sure DW wouldn't have wanted to end the association. Unless Nick were asking for big bucks to continue on?! Surely it's a blow for DW

This is a very interesting development if it ends up being true. Nickelodeon Central was a big success for Dreamworld when it was built - it boosted attendance significantly, especially with the family market. We all know DW also loves a good brand tie-in. And as others mentioned, there is Nick's Pipeline Plunge too. If it's true, I would assume the break up was initiated by Nickelodeon. I'm pretty sure DW wouldn't have wanted to end the association. Unless Nick were asking for big bucks to continue on?! Surely it's a blow for DW

Unless Dreamworld had a better deal with another company that may give more attendance.

Why not do what all the US parks do and have each ride and attraction sponsored by a company? Eg: Seaworld AU - "Eveready Dolphin" Dolphin show Disneyland CA - "Chevron" for Autopia SFMM - random brands sponsor each different ride.

I am surprised that the parks haven't done that yet as it would really help them out. Except I don't think the parks have full control over the attraction when they do that. Also what could sponsor a kids area and pay enough for them to theme it as well. Edited by Cruiseshipfan

It's more common than you may think MW: HWSD - Castrol Edge Batman Adventure - Triple M (Not current) Parade - Streets DW: AVIS Vintage Cars Mich Doohan Motocoaster - Honda, Monza Imports, Autographed Collectables, Australian Motorcycle Expo and Australian Grand Prix Corporation IMAX - Coca Cola SW: Dolphin Cove - Eveready Dolphin torches(and previously Discovery channel and Nat geographic) Pirates Unleashed - Honda Marine Fish Detectives - Banana Boat 4D theater - Paul's Milk Skyway - Ansett and QANTAS (both no longer current) Monorail - Primus telecom (not current) Shark Bay - Optus WnW: Dive in Movies - Streets Obviously there are a few I'm forgetting, but you get the idea :)

I don't like to fuel speculation about the possible Nickelodeon contract termination. I would rather wait till an official announcement is made but for the first time I couldn't help thinking that it was possible after seeing this on Dreamworld's website: "Dreamworld and WhiteWater World’s winter holiday offering is enough to send chills of excitement down your spine with a brand new ride and a brand new character bringing both awesomeness and attractiveness for just $69 per person from 25 June, 2011" "Meet PO Making his debut appearance at Dreamworld this winter holidays, meet the clumsy aspiring warrior Po, from Kung Fu Panda" Link: http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Winter-Holiday/ That is a Dreamworks character (obviously). If they have a roaming character of Dreamworks, there must be a possible licence agreement somewhere in some form. From reading old forum posts (correct me if i'm wrong), remember how Elmo from Sesame Street was roaming Sea World before Sesame Street Beach was announced? And finally remember how I wrote on these forums that they are screening 'Kung Fu Panda 2' in the Dreamworld Cinema? I didn't even realise that this was Dreamworks feature film screening so soon after Dreamworld abandoned screening feature films while Nick Central's themeing was apparantly disappearing. And please remember that this is my opinion and speculation not an official announcement(except for the stuff in the Dreamworld website link).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan