Wonderland Sydney is closing!

Flea

who give s a **** about people getting jobs. there are 3 million people living from an area from penrith to the city which offeres thousnads of jobs, most of these people include kids. tokyo has over 5 million people in tokyo city, where are the jobs there, so lets no start about people getting more jobs becasue it bull ****. theres a difference between a factory and an amusment park. MY FRIENDS ARE SAYING THAT ALL THE RIDES WELL THE MAIN RIDES, THE BUSH BEAST AND DEMON ARE CLOSED ALREADY. WHAT RIDES ARE OPEN AND CLOSED AT THE MOMENT!

^ LOL! I was there 30 minutes ago mate, and I can tell you that all the rides are open. However, Dragon's Flight & Tasmanian Devil are closed (and will be forever it seems). Regarding the jobs, it isn't as easy to get a job as you think it is.

Yes people did lose jobs (they should be given the jobs at luna park)
It has been said in a newspaper down south that Luna Park is currently offering jobs to Wonderland's employees. Liam

On the jobs thing, its worth noting that the new industrial park is offering 3000 jobs (plus offering many indirect) while Wonderland employeed 800.  To be fair though, if SW was too close and I lost my job I don't know if I'd want a factory job, but its food for thought anyway.
Not to mention that you'd probably have to wait 5-6years for them to wipe out WS and build the new factories/offices. As for job offerings from Luna Park, it's great that they are offering. But you still have to consider if the work is worth travelling to the city everyday for. And you also need to keep in mind that not all jobs that were lost were out in the actual park.

people in the west that worked at wonderland sydney are not going to get a job all the way in the east at milsons point in the city. yes it may be hard to get a job but there are many jobs still to offer. that doesnt mean there is no jobs for people to get plus a lot of lazy unitteligent people are at centrelink.
People will travel if they have to, and what makes you think all the worker at wonderland live in the west? i live on the south coast and work in syd, i drive like 1 3/4hrs there and back each day.

Not to mention that you'd probably have to wait 5-6years for them to wipe  out WS and build the new factories/offices. As for job offerings from Luna Park, it's great that they are offering. But you still have to consider if the work is worth travelling to the city everyday for. And you also need to keep in mind that not all jobs that were lost were out in the actual park.
Sometimes a job is a job and you have to travel.

I've used my imagination to its absolute capacity Scared of Jack, and I think I know who the supervisor is you're talking about.... Not from the Attractions Department by chance? This person might go screw some staff members over there too. The Smiling Assassin. Only thing is they might have to do some work if they go there, only until bosses have been fooled into thinking this person knows what they're doing.

Former, why don't you leave that discussion to remain between you and Daniel. I am sure you would agree that this topic is 'Wonderland Sydney is closing' - not 'Daniel leaving WS' And before we speculate what will be of the former WS site, why dont we wait and see if the local council approves the re-zoning of the land, which it is yet to do. I wouldnt blame council for keeping the area Tourism/Recreation based due to exposure on the M4/M7.

council will re-zone it to industrail or what ever its called, there more $$ in it for them if they re zone to industrail, It wont take them 5 or 6 years to build or start to build there. Give it 1 year or less and you will see new building there. More jobs for the unemployed (hopefully) just my 2bob worth

did anyone realise how cheap ING or wonderland for that matter sold the park for $52 million,thats very cheap. in the area at horsley park the land is very valuable all around horsley and eastern creek fetching over $1 million for 1 hectare. Wonderland Sydeny should have been sold for over $100 million It goes to show how cheap wonderland or how desperate they were to get rid of the park.

I missed your posts so much whilst I was absent Shifty.... Yet another 'Shifty Special'. I thought of it to be very cheap too. I'd have wanted a lot more. Real estate isn't really my strong point I must say though, so really I do not know. It just doesn't seem like enough. Then again, the ADI site went for $165 million for 1500 hectares.... That's something like $800,000 more per hectare for Wally World... One thinks Lend Lease got a bargain at St Marys...