Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy (Lethal Weapon Retheme)

ads086

I was thinking, but Movie World could do a Terminator re-theme. Think about it, the ride could be that shape-shifting robot, you could be trying to save the world from the terminators, there could be a half built AUDIO-ANIMATRONIC Terminator where the Junkyard used to be? I could be a lot of fun!

That would be a good idea but I dont think the Terminator merchandise is owned by Warner Bros

Six Flags Magic Mountain's Apocalypse was formerly Terminator:Salvation and it isn't a movie based park and Shek 4-D isn't a Warner Bros. film, so you never know!

I dont know what Magic Mountain has anything to do with this... The point is Movieworld base their rides on Warner Bros films as the park is owned by Warner Bros. However you never know. Universal Studios made a Harry Potter section of the park and Harry Potter isnt owned by Universal Pictures.

I dont know what Magic Mountain has anything to do with this... The point is Movieworld base their rides on Warner Bros films as the park is owned by Warner Bros. However you never know. Universal Studios made a Harry Potter section of the park and Harry Potter isnt owned by Universal Pictures.

That was what I was trying to say,that theme parks have things that aren't theirs. E.G Universal and Harry Potter.

Village Theme Parks is no longer affliated with Warner Brothers. Rather Village is now licensing the use of the Warner Brothers name and characters etc. Movieworld is now an open free market for them to license anything they please into the park. The re-theme of Lethal Weapon could potentially be of any license. However consideration is taken by the lecensee of potential competing brands inside the park when negotiating a liscence like this. Hence it being very un-likely that Marvel would ever appear in Movieworld. One would assume though that this Marvel licence on a grand scale in Australia would be available should someone be interested in optioning it. I don't think Australia would be considered part of any of the current Marvel attractions license for other parts of th

Edited by qldtaw

While Village Theme Parks is no longer affiliated with WB, the park is named Warner Bros. Movie World. Sure Universal has non Universal attractions as does MW, but if the majority of your attractions are not affiliated with the name of the park it does raise some questions.

^Of course! If MW are looking at retheming LW and perhaps too Batman, they would surely only be looking at something that has marketing capability. I have no doubt such re-themes will sit somewhere within the DC Universe as that appears to be the direction that area of the Park is moving. Maybe look into the future to see what DC have up their sleeves for 2012 and/or something that would be a nice complement to what has already been done

You've forgotten about Shrek 4D and the Saw horror maze already?

You've forgotten about Shrek 4D and the Saw horror maze already?

Apparently so. Nah I just dont really pay any attention to shows and all that. But what Saw maze are you talking about? The one for Fright Nights? What I meant though is they probably would keep major rides as Warner Bros themed.

Thing is, I don't think there are any movie parks that stay purely within the films of the parks namesake. And Im certainly not going to call Universal or Disney "wrong" for doing so. Thing is, I don't think there are any movie parks that stay purely within the films of the parks namesake. And Im certainly not going to call Universal or Disney "wrong" for doing so.

I think in the case of Warner Brothers Movieworld its safe to say that the companies focus is not around mantaining the ingregity of the attractions relating to the name of the theme park, but rather continuing to invest into the park with suitable attractions that relate to the overall theme, hence generating attendance and sales... The vast majority of the general public do not distinguish entertainment products by specific brands, studios/distributors etc. The general customer of Movieworld would not recognise that Shrek is not Warner Brothers. It has no effect on that customers purchasing descsion. Heck i cant see how it would have that much bearing on any customers purchasing descsion. I cant think the last time i purcahsed a movie over another because of the studio that distributed produced it.

Im sure the changes when made next year will bring a whole new light to the attraction. Lethal Weapon is a very outdated theme for the attraction. Teens specific probably wouldn't even be aware that the attractions theme and name is of a reflection of the movies. I know that even some older folk don't even realise. Lets just say in some time to come Lethal might just become the home of some pretty famous crooks!!! To be honest im quite excited yet again for the additions that we will see in our parks come the end of next year.

While I was there today i saw a group of construction workers and architects taking photos and measurements of the rides entrance and queue area. I overheard them talking about what they were going to do and it sounded pretty drastic. They were talking of removing walls and adding extra rooms to the queue area. Whatever it's going to be it sounds like it's going to be a big difference from what it is now.

Im sure the changes when made next year will bring a whole new light to the attraction. Lethal Weapon is a very outdated theme for the attraction. Teens specific probably wouldn't even be aware that the attractions theme and name is of a reflection of the movies. I know that even some older folk don't even realise. Lets just say in some time to come Lethal might just become the home of some pretty famous crooks!!! To be honest im quite excited yet again for the additions that we will see in our parks come the end of next year.

Ahhh I love cryptic clues and insider knowledge. Looking forward to whatever the end of 2012 will bring, since the end of 2011 has been pretty good to us!!

Straight from the Movieworld attraction maintenance webstie:

Lethal Weapon will be closed for maintenance from 27 Feb 2012 until 1 Apr 2012.

That's nearly 5 weeks of downtime. Sounds like something more major than just your average attraction maintenance....and right before the Easter holidays; April 1st is the start of the Easter school holidays in qld. Knowing that, my bet is those new trains and the supposed re-theme are coming earlier than expected! 5 weeks should be enough for the installation of new trains and the re-theme. hmmm, exciting stuff :)

Lets just say in some time to come Lethal might just become the home of some pretty famous crooks!!!

Could a Two-Face theme be up for grabs?!? You can kinda count him as two 'crooks' because of his split persona. I just had a crazy idea..... but maybe the new trains could have forwards and backwards seating; symbolising the good and bad side of Two-face. Have a similar train design to those Vekoma Invertigo's. I mean they've reversed other coasters around....why not an slc. It really depends if the ride can be ridden backwards whilst still keeping all the forces intact. SLC with improved restraints and forwards and backwards seating could really push Lethal into the "must ride" list of attractions at movieworld. I really like the idea ;) It effectively gives you 2 rides in 1; re-ridability on a coaster is something much needed these days. Edited by Luke

I like the ideas being thrown up. Personally I'd go for something like 'Escape from Arkham' or 'Arkham Escape' (probably too similar to superman escape) Theme could be that guests are touring the assylum when the joker takes control and lets out the inmates. the queue line would be lined with jail cells, ride ops in guard uniforms ushering you onto transportation vehicles to get you back to Gotham Would fit in well with release of Arkham City and Dark Knight Rises

Since lethal weapon is across from SE, if it were to be themed to D.C comics, I think it would be good to theme it as Lex Luthor or another superman villain. Maybe even incorporate the rides original title into it: Lex Luthor's Lethal Weapon. Or would that confuse people too much? ;)