Dreamworks at Dreamworld

RussellSmulders

As I couldn't find a topic just for this lets start one I'm currently at the park and the whole section has been closed and striped down also the old photo shop looks like a huge house/castle. There are also new temp rides been installed for the kids around the park one is next to the claw which is a small spinning chairs ride and out front of avpx is a small track with cars and bikes I will add more as I explore the park today. Also photos will be up for all of this when I get home

a small track with cars and bikes

That sounds like one of the rides from Kennyland - Wild Wheels (similar to this). They did something similar back in 2002 when Nick Central was under construction. The rides then known as Kenny Karts (kids bumper cars), Dreamcopters (since Blues Skidoo) and Adventure Trails (jumping castle) were all relocated from their homes in Kennyland to the area where Wiggles World stands today. Looking forward to the photos.

Thanks for the pics Russell. Does anybody know when the re-theme to Dreamworks will be finished by? My guess will be the Easter school holidays; respond to MW's re-launch of Lethal.

The following rides (Swinger Zinger, Mighty Go Round, SkyRocket, Rainforest Rampage and KiteFlyer will not be available from 3 Jan to 14 April. The area the rides are located in is currently under construction for new rides and attractions to be opened Easter 2012. Edited by Randy23

Ride names have been announced as well as the addition of "brand new rides and attractions" in late 2012.

DREAMWORLD TO OPEN NEW DREAMWORKS ANIMATION PRECINCT NEW LANDS TO OPEN THIS EASTER HOLIDAY PERIOD Dreamworld, on the Gold Coast, has commenced construction on new DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) themed lands due to open in time for the 2012 Easter school holidays. The most exciting and extensive development currently underway in any Australian theme park, Dreamworld will be the only park in the nation to feature DreamWorks Animation themed lands. The new 8,400sqm DreamWorks Experience precinct will transform the heart of Dreamworld. Guests will be welcomed into the very worlds of their favourite animated characters, inspired by the iconic DreamWorks Animation films. Guests will start their journey at the DreamWorks Experience entrance before crossing a bridge and arriving in Madagascar Madness, an overgrown jungle where chimps hang from vines, penguins are on a wild mission with King Julien in charge. Madagascar Madness is an action-packed family haven, with newly themed rides and attractions and oodles of added fun. Guests can run wild in the MAD Jungle Jam with foam ball cannons and rainforest bridges while junior adrenaline seekers can join the Madagascar characters to take on the kid’s coaster, Escape from Madagascar. Drop into King Julien’s Theatre in the Wild and enjoy the colourful, 20-minute Madagascar Live – Prepare to Party Show featuring the much-loved characters, King Julien, Alex, Gloria and the Penguins. Following the show guests can have their photo taken with the cast. Grab the latest MAD merchandise in the Madagascar Cargo Hold before leaving the wilds behind to enter the medieval fairy-tale land of Shrek’s Faire Faire Away. Bursting at the seams with family fun rides and attractions, Shrek’s Faire Faire Away is all themed around the lovable ogre and his friends. Swoop on the Dronkey Flyers, soar on Gingy’s Glider, fly through the air on Puss in Boots Sword Swing and enjoy a spin in an onion carriage or on a noble steed at Shrek’s Ogre-Go-Round. Guests will find numerous cheeky photo spots including Shrek’s family photo, the bubbling bath and the Shrek babies. You can even meet Shrek himself along with Princess Fiona, Puss in Boots and Gingy. Grab a bite to eat at Shrek’s Treats menu and browse the latest merchandise in Forever After’s for a magical memento to take home. Having conquered all that is to do in Faire Faire Away, guests will enter a land of pure awesomeness, where legendary dragon warrior, Po, can be found. Po’s Garden is just a taste of the land to come and guests will be able to meet Po and master all new Kung Fu moves. Kung Fu Panda land will be completed in late 2012 featuring brand new rides and attractions. In order to construct these new lands, Dreamworld has invested in transitory rides and attractions to ensure families can continue to enjoy an action packed day. During construction there are still more than 10 rides and attractions in addition to more than five daily shows for families to enjoy together. Families can also enjoy Tiger Island, the Australian Wildlife Experience and world pass holders can enter WhiteWater World for worlds of water-based fun.

http://about.dreamwo...N-PRECINCT.aspx

i do like that they've given some thought to the existing attractions re-theme. I do think Shrek was a far better match for Reptar than Madagascar, but depending on theming, it should still be a good choice. I think the main reason was reptar's proximity to thornberries, and the need to keep a separation between each land. Not sure why we're calling it 'faire faire away' - surely the term 'far far away' hasn't been snatched by Universal, considering it's a dreamworks product, and a familiar phrase in fairy tales and sci fi movies alike. Maybe Dreamworld can bring in Shrek 3 and a half D in the dreamworld cinema? ;)

I'm thinking Faire Faire is supposed to be a means of not disguising the fact that it is amusement rides in the area...A shrek themed fair in other words. Not like Far Far away, where its mostly supposed to be a recreation of that 'city', and the attractions reflect that (And even the coaster is hidden from the main thoroughfare)

I cannot wait to ride the Dronkey Flyers.... In all seriousness it sound great and more impressive than I originally expected, also good to hear "Kung Fu Panda land" will feature some new attractions.

Dronkey's flyers will in the spot of blues skidoo and gingy's gilder will be in spongebob flypants List of Rides are coming to Dreamworks Spongebob Flypants/Gingy's Gilder Wild Thornberry's Rainforest Rampage/MAD Jungle Jam Runway Reptar Coaster/ Escape Madagascar Swinger Zinger/ Puss in Boots Sword Swing Mighty-Go-Round/Shrek's Ogre Go Round Blues Skidoo/Dronkey's Flyer The Gingy ride name sounds awful so dose the swings it should still be called Swinger Zinger <_< Jack :D