Dreamworks at Dreamworld

RussellSmulders

^And to add to jjuttp, I can imagine the sponges you used to ride on Spongebob Flypants being repainted as blobs of marshmallow or with stripes like liquorice allsorts, or squares of biscuit or whatever to fit with Gingy's theme.

So what is to become of the Avalanche / Angry Beavers Spooty Spin?

There's been no mention of any Kung Fu panda ride yet, so that could be it. Edited by Gazza

snapback.pngGoGoBoy, on 21 February 2012 - 05:43 PM, said: This is like a lesson in how many times can you re-theme rides before letting them die. In Dreamworld's case - A LOT Well most of these rides are just standard run kids rides, whats wrong with a re-theme if the mechanics are all fine, besides this will be the first re-theme for a lot the rides eg. The Runaway Reptar, Jungle Rampage, Spongebob Flypants (not counting the revert to the generic naming). Its not as if they are constantly changing any major rides (Giant Drop, Claw, Wipeout, Cyclone, TOT ect.) Edited by rac2703

I would say it will be in the kung fu panda section as the mountain suits the theme of the movie. Just don't really see how they will separate it from the Shrek area.

Well dreamworld isn't really one for "Definfing Boundries" :D , especially when it comes to Motocoaster - Rivertown, Rivertown - Wigglesworld, Wigglesworld - TOT.

In truth I think the old nick shop will be knocked down and even the lair will be used since its been a waste of money since it doesnt get used we had lions for abit and now sometime the tigers go in there and since day one the actual habitat looked poor and not well look after so will be looked for Kung fu panda to move into that area a bit since it will have pohs garden

I'm pretty sure the former Nick shop will stay. The press release sounds like it will be the Forever After's merchandise shop (that is if it doesn't share the same new building as the Madagascar Cargo Hold shop). Also, I'm pretty sure The Lair was originally a back-of-house tiger enclosure so I can't really see that being demolished. It seems Dreamworld weren't ready to announce this as the press release has been pulled from their website.

The new shops have two sides one side Madagascar and the other side is a castle for shrek also I believe the food outlet might also be connected based on the side. And on the lair when it was first announced it was to include new animals over time but nothing ever happened but Kung fu panda will need abit of room as Madagascar has a nice footprint and shrek has a large area that includes he old spondebob flypants so there isn't really room for this new area in the old nick footprint so it will have to be totally built so The only areas they have is the old shop and lair or replacing wiggles area which I don't see happening

Well TOT II wasn't much of re-theme - more of an update. (the Wipeout has changed more over the years than TOT)

Yeah, but you used the word "changing", as in: Its not as if they are constantly changing any major rides (Giant Drop, Claw, Wipeout, Cyclone ect.) The ride changed didn't it? Which was my point. Edited by Gazza

Yeah, but you used the word "changing", as in: Its not as if they are constantly changing any major rides (Giant Drop, Claw, Wipeout, Cyclone ect.) The ride changed didn't it? Which was my point.

True, but I also used the word "Constantly" changing- One major change since 1997 isn't exactly constant. But I've added TOT to my original comment if it makes you happy :) Edited by rac2703