Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

mba2012

There is actually only 1 new ride as the second one is Lethal Weapon retheme. I definitely think it'll be a dark ride, its exactly what movie world needs at the moment. Hopefully they put some real effort into theming, though based on past rides (lets just forget Green Lantern exists for a moment, ok?) I'll say we don't have to sorry about that.

Movie world have put this on their website http://movieworld.my...TOP-SECRET.aspx Love the exclamation points before and after the sentence, just like something a non english speaking Japanese theme park would put on their website. On another note, I love the new Movieworld website! Much better than before when you couldn't even view pictures. I HATE the new descriptions for the rides though, they sound like they were written up by a 6 year old. Also, Wild West Falls is now an "extreme" thrill ride. Way to put families off riding one of the parks only family rides.

Edited by alex_1

The background image on the website reminds me of the sort of photo montages all those fanboy theme park sites and facebook groups love to create so much. Interesting to see Lethal Weapon's track heavily featured. Guess this means it definitely won't be getting repainted. Either that or the website guys just had no clue

On another note, I love the new Movieworld website! Much better than before when you couldn't even view pictures. I HATE the new descriptions for the rides though, they sound like they were written up by a 6 year old. Also, Wild West Falls is now an "extreme" thrill ride. Way to put families off riding one of the parks only family rides.

Aren't you forgetting that MW doesn't want families in the park any more. Removing all rides families (excluding Scooby as not all families can go on that) can go on. They couldn't remove WWF, so they decided to scare families off instead. Just for my defence. in case no one got it I was joking.

WWF definitely isn't a coaster. To be honest, even Journey to Atlantis at Seaworld Orlando doesn't have enough track for me to call it a water coaster, but everyone seems to classify it as one... The only "water coaster" Id definitely call a coaster is Poseidon at Europa Park, as to me its a coaster with a splashdown, instead of a log flume with a coaster section like most water coasters. But no WWF definitely isn't by any standards a coaster, and the manufacturer (Hopkins rides) call it a flume.

Did anyone else read the article in the Courier-Mail earlier this week about Village Roadshow’s profits for the last period. It look’s as though the studios and park are doing okay cashflow wise. Hopefully this means good things for the future and maybe even better attention to detail in the attractions for this year!!! As for 2012 attractions. I would love to see a 4D simulator attraction in the batman building. It surprised me when the Batman Ride went because it was unique to any park at the moment in Australia and I loved the feeling you get in the simulator. And the shows were regular and they took a lot of people off other rides. I'm not sure there is enough room in the batman buildings for a quality dark ride with track work etc....

Village Roadshop Profits.pdf

Well movieworld is doing alot for the park and rebuilding it we are getting new rides 2011 green lantern, 2012 justice league or wonder women in the old bat building, 2013 looney tunes replacement?? And improvements to current rides and they have been fixing main street and the general look of the park so it shows they are ready to spend money so it can only get better from now on and I can't wait to see what movieworld will look like in 5 years

Yes I'm also sick of thread hijacks. Back on topic... I'm thinking the "ride" in Sept won't be a ride at all because it's worded as "attraction" which makes me think its going to be a) something in the old Batman building and B) something to do with the Justice League. Maybe an interactive tour or something?

I made this comment a few days ago in the LW thread before it was split:

My guess would be a Justice League-themed Sally Corp Interactive Dark Ride.

I thought I'd repost it here because I have something that could support my theory. In an interview in October 2011 (just before the closure of Batman Adventure), John Wood the Chairman of Sally Corp stated the following:

We have our biggest project that we can’t talk about unfortunately, but this is really going to be a blockbuster! It’s an interactive dark ride with a major intellectual property involved with it, a major location and a major park. We think it’s going to be the top of the industry, we will know for a year, but we are working to integrate some what you know. It’s actually slated for Christmas 2012.

It seems to check most of the boxes. Despite Christmas falling just outside of the "Spring 2012" period I believe it could still be it. I wouldn't think it would be something overseas as it is the wrong time of year for the majority of their attractions.