Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

mba2012

the truth is that the huge majority of JL fans do not particularly care about the ride since it does not contribute to the comic's canon and continuing story,

OK Im glad you asked the "majority" of fans what they think :wacko: Look I dont know anything about JL or comic books for that matter as most people wont who head to MW. As a themepark fan I am excited to have something different and it seems to have been done very well. Do you think superman fans care that Superman Escape doesnt add anything to the comics canon or story? Its just a great ride. I know I love it and I dont care at all about Superman. Most people just like a good ride at the end of the day.

If you were talking about an upcoming trip to Disneyland, that prob was you? Then I got called to fill a seat as a single rider.

Yeap that was us,

Not that he was eavesdropping or anything...

I was going on about it for most of the line up,

Exactly :), its not like you can hear the storyline dialogue at that point in the queue, it's too quiet....All I could hear is the conversations of hundreds around me.

Yeah, the story was too quiet, couldn't hear anything, it was all too muffled.....everyone in our car didn't even know what we were shooting at until we saw heaps of spores.

Bmull, how many of them actively read the comics? How many of them have picked up every issue of the main series since they were 12 years old? I can tell you I know a lot more JL fans than just about anyone here since Im actively involved in the community of comic book fanatics, about 3 of us actually care about this ride because we also happen to be theme park fans. The JL theming is not to cater to hardcore fans but to those with a passive interest in the whole DC Universe.

Since youve never ridden Astro Blasters Ill make it clear, static humanoid sculptures do not look tacky or out of place.

I've actually ridden both the Cali and Orlando versions, and I still think static characters look gash....But I guess Zurg is ok because his head moved, and in Toy Story he had that same limited range of movement. But thematically, I think Buzz is one of the weakest Disney attractions. The only real impressive thing is the Buzz animatronic in the queue. ... If it were up to me do to a JL ride from scratch, I'd probably do a storyline where Lex Luthor has taken a city hostage and planted bombs or some other evil gizmos across the city, and you have to whip around and disarm them. The 3D scenes would be boss battles with Lex in his battlesuit , or his aircraft etc where you are assisting a member of the JL to fight him(you might shooot at weak points, or at waves of weapons coming at you) Instead of spaceship scene in this ride, youd naturally infiltrate lex luthors hideout, and do as much damage inside as you can and shut down the central control of his evil plot. Final battle would be lex v superman, before narrowly escaping. I'm sure this would be cool in real life, but I'm not gonna get hung up that this wasn't the one story option out of hundreds that didn't get built :)

Gazza argues against me through his desire for MW to do as well as possible monetarily

No I argue because in the nuances of a theme park attraction aimed at a wide audience certain things work, and certain things don't.

Im going to be banned for pointing out that djrapper is a circlejerking mod like a lot of teenagers are, so I wont be back to mention that I enjoyed the ride for the ride. And I will do just that, see you all whenever.

Translation: I'm mad that I couldn't convince people, so I'll throw in some random rudeness for the sake of it (which is wrong because DjRappa is not a Teen), and go home, taking the ball with me." Edited by Gazza

but I'm not gonna get hung up that this wasn't the one story option out of hundreds that didn't get built :)

And that'd be because you have no vested interest in JL, you're willing to accept whatever villain you get without disappointment. What you still don't get is that I loved the ride, I woke up early this morning and waited for almost 3 hours to be the first one on it, not even knowing if it would even open before I had to leave, my only problem with the actual ride itself is the hallway effect caused by the amount of light and effects, the Starro story was fine and I loved the giant animatronic Starro that I almost doubled my score on. There is no convincing to be done, I want things a certain way because I'm a JL fan, other people don't care because they are not. All I've really argued against was the practicality of Uxas. Edited by BemaniAK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqU07IZC2BI&feature=g-all-u Lol it's funny how they made a whole commercial over that one concept art.

And now we have THREE names: Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D (on the logo), Justice League 3D - The Ride (on the park website and various other places) and now Justice League - The Ride (commercial announcement)

And now we have THREE names: Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D (on the logo), Justice League 3D - The Ride (on the park website and various other places) and now Justice League - The Ride (commercial announcement)

Make it 4... The image on the commercial is Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D - The Ride.

"We have the technology, not even possible 3 years ago..." Wait, dafuq? What kind of line is that?

Presumably Sally have only had this product (Combined laser target + 3D target ride) available for this long. http://www.facebook....&type=3 That's an advert for the system from June 2011, but presumably they have been developing it for longer previously. So for sure 3 years ago this tech didn't exist. Toy Story Mania opened nearly 4 years ago of course, but the targeting system on that ride is not optical, but rather based upon the ride sensing what angles you have your little fixed shooter at. Edited by Gazza

I'm with bert. And I know most people here are mad happy about this ride being here, hell, they could have made it a Willy Wonka ride where you have to shoot the oompa loompas and I would have loved it for the fact it is a dark ride to replace the 2 we lost, and personally, not another rollercoaster.

Just a warning for everyone that does try and get on it this week, the ride did not open until midday today and the staff members cast members whatever they're called at MW stated this week is their "testing week" and every day might have delayed openings until everything is completely sorted out. Also I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong but most targets seemed to require me to hit them a good 5 times before they registered as a hit, I'm not sure if I'm meant to hit dead on the eye (Which I was doing around the end of the ride) or if they're meant to take multiple hits, my girlfriend got about half my score and also appeared to have the same issue. My sister was dual wielding in the back not really caring :lol:

Well, I experienced JL today :) And my first impression of the theming was exellent! The line up was about 45mins until we reached the very front of the line, in which we were then told it was down for tech delays. -.- just my luck. They then ran all cars around with no one on them and then a worker or someone from sally (not sure) tested it. Was only a short delay so I say good work to the staff that fixed it quickly. We then got on as everyone cheered (haha) because it was back up and running. I immediately loved the first room. Might I add, I love how the gun vibrates when you hit a target to confirm the hit. And also how it goes off for 2 - 3 secs. Makes the ride more competitive ;P Loved the 3D screens aswell. (WHY CAN'T THEY HAVE THIS QUALITY 3D SCREEN WITH 4D? :P) I was with a group of friends and they said it was not as good as they was expecting (more thrill seekers) but I think that is because i beat them ;) 66168 my score :) Just if any of you wanted a challenge :P Actually we should start a Parkz JL challenge :P Anyway, to sum it all up. I love the theming, the 3D and the animatronics. I wasn't keen to run around and go on again, but I would say i'd do it atleast twice a day if it was shorter lines.

Visiting Movieworld next month with a friend from the UK. Can't wait to give JL a go. Also looking forward to riding Arkham Asylum as I actually haven't been to the park since the renovation. And of course I'm looking forward to riding Superman Escape, for no reason other than it's Superman Escape.