new ride at movie world?

moo82

Hi, I was at movie world on sunday when i was in line for arkham asylum i was asked to fill in a survey on new rides they are looking a installing and rate them, first ride being a star flyer i was told will be the tallest ride in the world, and second being a euro-fighter coaster, i was also asked if i was there for the coasters or the show and my age.

I don't like the sound of either. A Star Flyer is a bit too carnival-ish to be in a park like Movie World, and I can't see them investing in a coaster so similar to GL. I really believe an airtime filled woodie in the Wild West section should be their next major ride. Whether or not that's possible with the space available I'm not sure. Were there pictures of both rides in the surveys or did you assume they were those rides based on descriptions?

Were there pictures of both rides in the surveys or did you assume they were those rides based on descriptions?

it was pictures on a tablet they told me the generic ride names and the description the pictures where just generic manufactures website looking the euro fighter was described as vertical drop and launched sections with inversions Edited by moo82

good to see they are surveying paying customers to see what they want maybe they should send a survey out to all VIP pass holders to get a bigger range for their data. Interesting choices of rides, as a few people have mentioned Tallest star flyer in the world ? would be nice for MW to have a record breaker, but not a massive fan of the ride design/concept Euroflyer - love a good coaster, if it was the right model it would be a great addition and another coaster for the park. In terms of footprint though, where would they put it?

Asking current guests is the wrong way to go. Ask Sea World guests what would make them go to Movie World and vice versa. Also pointless to ask why people did visit, better to ask other Village guests why they didn't. As for the attraction choices, both are pretty uninspiring, but the Eurofighter is much to sillier to Green Lantern (even if well themed) so the other ride is the easy choice.

I sure hope we don't get the world's tallest star flyer. The tallest one in the world is currently being built at Six Flags Over Texas and it will be 120m tall. If Movieworld to get a ride that tall it'd frankly look ridiculous. As much as I love Eurofighters - the two I rode in the UK were lightyears better than GL - I don't think one is the best option for Movieworld.

I think that Movieworld should add one of the rides in the link below to their lineup. Its probably a bit out of their budget but they could probably scrape one in. I think they represent the pinacle in ride design and innovation- what do you guys think?? :Phttp://news.ninemsn.com.au/glanceview/253643/six-terrifying-thrill-rides.glance

If I could choose the next ride for MW, I would want either, a wooden rollercoaster, a second water ride (being a rapid ride, something high-tech and blows DW's old rapids away, look at what they have overseas, we're seriously missing out!), or an omni-mover (something that would replace LT, if they don't want to re-use the river, simply because they are huge people eaters, great family rides and provide an opportunity for some great theming). Next, though I think the park should revisit the kids area, to really keep focusing on that family area, now that we've had GL and AA. Give the area a new look, keep the LT theme, some new rides? And replace the river ride with either the two suggestions I had above with a rapid or omni-mover, depending on what fits.

I honestly think we should wait and see the success of the Justice League ride and if so another dark ride (but non shooter just themed) could be the best choice for the looney tunes building. The space is huge so there easily room for en entire ride with plenty left over and the other benefit of a dark ride is they are relatively low maintenance compared to the mechanical upkeep of a coaster or water ride.

Honestly... I think Movie World has enough roller coasters for now. The park has just brought 2 roller coasters in the last year (if you include the Arkham rehab as honestly it's made it so much better it's like it's new) And has just built a high capacity dark ride. What i'd like to see them build next is something in the kids area as they need something more. Although they are refurbishing the existing children's rides (Speedy's Taxi's and Yosemite Sam Railroad) I'd love to see something in the Tunes Ride building, but it would be quite expensive for them to gut the building and place something else in there i'd assume. So if they were to not place something in the kids area next, I'd love to see a new flat ride in the park. However it would need to be something that is high capacity (at least 24 riders a cycle) so something like a Top Spin as far as capacity goes. Then once they have built a new flat, and done something to the kids area we could consider another coaster or a water ride for the park.

as i have said before and im fine with no one likeing the idea but id like to see them refurbish kids WB and add hanna barbera - cartoon network or any other wb kids property's along side looney tunes even if its just them walking around the park at first too see how kids react to them but the main thing i would like to see is a retheamed looney tunes river ride as the show piece

As much as I love & appreciate Hanna Barbera, having grown up on it, it's lost on today's children. It's just not relevant to them and 90% would not be able to name a HB character outside of Scooby & Yogi. There is so much potential in the LT brand that I'd rather they focus their time and efforts on that. Hopefully we'll see an LTRR replacement in the next 12-18 months.

as i have said before and im fine with no one likeing the idea but id like to see them refurbish kids WB and add hanna barbera - cartoon network or any other wb kids property's along side looney tunes even if its just them walking around the park at first too see how kids react to them but the main thing i would like to see is a retheamed looney tunes river ride as the show piece

I wouldn't expect to ever see Cartoon Network back at VRTP properties... they had it for a while at Sea World and they got rid of it... IMO the Kids WB area and the Western area should be the two areas they focus on after JL:AI 3D is done.