Lethal Weapon or Arkham Asylam

Ickabodd

Telling anyone what their favourite ride should be makes you a bad person.

When did I tell the OP what their favorite ride should be? I just said that if an SLC is their favorite coaster they need to ride more coasters. Oh and don't get me wrong. Arkham Asylum is definitely a massive improvement over Lethal Weapon. But I just don't think it's a fantastic coaster, even with the revamp.

I just said that if an SLC is their favorite coaster they need to ride more coasters.

That is still dictating what someone's favourite ride should be. Why does it matter that the same layout has been used elsewhere? How does that compare it to other unique coasters? The forces and the rush of the ride remain the same regardless of how many times the layout has been used.

• 2 years later...

I'm going to bump an old topic with a question that I'm researching for my own trip report.

Did on-board audio ever happen on this ride? Also, is there a second train or just the one?

Incidentally, this is the first SLC I've ridden in my life time that I've wanted to ride a second time. That's never happened before, and I have ridden the majority of them:

http://www.bannister.org/coasters/parks/sp_slcs.htm

Edited by Noxegon

^ Must be getting misses every time then, the audio never happens on the ride. Only having one train is a really stupid move in my opinion too. It makes the throughput of the ride just as bad, if not worse than Cyclone's. The ride operators I will say do make the best efforts to pump people through the ride as fast as possible (at least in my experience they have), but there's only so much they can do with just one train. If you're not with a young family, there aren't many things to do at Movie World, which means huge queues for the larger rides. They knew this when they built Superman Escape and that was five years before the Arkham Asylum facelift. I'm sure there is some reason or a multiple of reasons behind why they didn't do it (cost, extra labour, maintenance, etc.) but it still sucks.