Melbourne theme park?

the_muffler

I am just going to add to the Avalon talk. If they make it international the airshow would be messed up. It is already crazy air traffic during the airshow all that could do is make it worse. When the airshow is on they have to turn the aircraft around on the runway. Something an international aircraft would not be able to do. I don't think avalon needs an international link. But Tulla needs a rail link.

Everyone makes mistakes, and you did by getting yourself into this Jobe. You cannot say that all you did was contest his claim as there are various times, for example: calling him deluded. Last time I checked, that was an insult, not a piece of information. You could have been proactive about this entire situation by finding it yourself. And reanimated35, bringing "too much coffee is bad for you" is blowing this situation entirely out of proportion as that could very well have an impact on millions or billions of people, where this has an impact on three-five. All I am saying is that the MATURE thing to do was to find it out yourself if you are really that keen on knowing. I don't care if he was wrong, I care how much you cared about him telling you the truth or who manufactured the restoration. Which turns out to be Luna Park itself and an artist they hired. Can we get back on topic of a NEW themepark please?

Everyone makes mistakes, and you did by getting yourself into this Jobe. You cannot say that all you did was contest his claim as there are various times, for example: calling him deluded. Last time I checked, that was an insult, not a piece of information. You could have been proactive about this entire situation by finding it yourself. And reanimated35, bringing "too much coffee is bad for you" is blowing this situation entirely out of proportion as that could very well have an impact on millions or billions of people, where this has an impact on three-five. All I am saying is that the MATURE thing to do was to find it out yourself if you are really that keen on knowing. I don't care if he was wrong, I care how much you cared about him telling you the truth or who manufactured the restoration. Which turns out to be Luna Park itself and an artist they hired. Can we get back on topic of a NEW themepark please?

I made a mistake by getting myself into this?? Hello?? I was posting on this forum and I debated a comment that I CORRECTLY thought to be wrong. At no time has RWC EVER admitted he was wrong, even now when it has been proven to be so. He kept dodging the question and clouding the issue with unsubstantiated claims of myself "bullying" him or "harrassing" him. This is a complete over-reaction as several other posters have supported. And yes i did call him deluded but lets put that into context. This was in reply to his claim that I was "stalking" him from thread to thread and falsely accusing me of following him to Facebook. In hindsight, I think my reaction was fairly restrained and controlled!! Reanimated and Brad2912's analogy of the situation was quite correct. I didnt make the claim. I was not supporting it. It wasnt up to me to prove it right- that was up to RWC when I voiced MY concern. And if you read my post's correctly, you will see that , even though I was suspicious that he was bullshitting us, I would have publicly apologised if he WAS right. Which of course he was not. Vindication for me. -_- The point is, I would have been reasonable from the first post, IF he HAD been reasonable. His own stubborness and failure to see that he had got himself into a losing situation with his complete bullshit, is the reason that he has tarnished his reputation on this board. If you TRULY support what you say in your own statement, then that means you are fine with anyone making ANY bullshit claim about any topic, and no one has any right of reply to correct, debate,argue differently, offer a differing opinion, refute, contest, or dispute at any time. Instead , we should all trot off and be mature and find out the truth for ourselves. If you REALLY believe that, then brace yourself. You are a complete moron. Yep, that is a slightly insulting tone and word.Guilty as charged. But its also my opinion. :) Please respect it like I respect yours. Thankyou!! ^_^

Nope....just cannot do it..especially in light of what has just been posted. Just for you RWC, since it seems your memory of what you have stated is different to mine.. In summary: You brought forward a statement claiming that Mack were involved with said restoration of LPM Scenic Railway trains. I thought that was interesting but questioned your source. After much deliberation and questioning, the only concrete proof that you brought forward was that you have seen the "Mack" logo on the restoration plaque. You were going to take a photo of this to show us all. You admitted that no-one told you and that you assumed that meant that Mack was involved. You offered up the fact that because Germany has the only other surviving brakeman coaster (which we all know to be incorrect as I have shown) this is another strong reason why Mack was involved. In your words- " You knew" This was despite the fact that the post to you from LPM on FB and later information from b-girl has shown that the restoration on the trains was being done by LPM maintenance and businesses in Melbourne. In other words- NOT Mack. If you had said at any stage that "you were not sure, or that I am assuming, or that I think Mack is involved but I could be wrong", I could have lived with that. Instead, even now, when the absolute weight of evidence is against you, you still maintain that you were not incorrect. I am sorry. But unless evidence comes out further that supports your statement, then I AM 100% vindicated in my view. You cannot prove to all and sundry that Mack is involved, nor can you produce any evidence to back it up. b-girls evidence is the most compelling. You say were not outright wrong-that its just unprovable. Unfortunately, if you make a claim that you cannot prove, then this in essence and by logic, proves that said claim to be wrong. On a different note, I would love to see the article that you are quoting RE LPM. If you could point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated. Cheers ;)

I just have to add I don't appreciate my name being slid into your comments Richard. We have a basic disagreement of almost all matters we have discussed on these threads. So I respectfully request you refrain from using my comments, in or out of context moving forward. I enjoy hearing opinion, stories and ideas. I enjoy reading and researching historical and contemporary information but i think for now I may just go back to being a silent reader of the forums for now :)

I just have to add I don't appreciate my name being slid into your comments Richard. We have a basic disagreement of almost all matters we have discussed on these threads. So I respectfully request you refrain from using my comments, in or out of context moving forward. I enjoy hearing opinion, stories and ideas. I enjoy reading and researching historical and contemporary information but i think for now I may just go back to being a silent reader of the forums for now :)

b-girl I sincerely hope that is not the case. Diversity is what makes these forums such a great place and the more the merrier!! I would hate to think that anyone would leave because of comments, posts or tensions (RWC I wholeheartedly include you in this comment). Things can get a little heated from time to time but on the whole, these occasions are quite rare. I would definitely value your further input ( as I am sure many others would as well) , moving forward. :D

Maybe you Jobe, should read MY post again as I not once said anything along the lines of "If you TRULY support what you say in your own statement, then that means you are fine with anyone making ANY bullshit claim about any topic, and no one has any right of reply to correct, debate,argue differently, offer a differing opinion, refute, contest, or dispute at any time. Instead , we should all trot off and be mature and find out the truth for ourselves." and I quite frankly cannot understand how you inferred it, I do not believe anyone should just write bullshit and claim it is right. I was simply appalled at your degree of heightened anger over a simple thing, that IN THEORY you could have found out yourself. Now, can we finally get onto topic. All over and I am over everyone's bullshit.

Most Christians cannot conclusively prove to an unbelieving individual that Christ rose from the dead, does that mean it's "a lie"? According to you it does! That's the irony of the stand you've taken.

Comparing the existence of a deity or a faith to something that can be conclusively proven such as our subject in question are 2 entirely different things and you know it. However,if your "rumour" or alledged bullshit turns out to be true, then as I have stated numerous times before, I will be the first to apologise.

No it doesn't prove you're wrong at all. All it proves is that you have proven it's an unproven claim, which is ACTUALLY "a rumour" by definition. To prove I'm wrong and it's not a rumour, but is in fact a lie, you have to present conclusive evidence that is the case. Don't mince words... If someone makes a claim that cannot be "proven" believing said claim to be TRUE, that means it is in fact a rumour NOT a lie. If you present evidence that's it's completely wrong by doing research yourself, that's when you've proven the rumour to be FALSE.. You didn't do that remember.... Go and research the damn thing. Don't just rely on others doing it for you...

I agree it does not prove I am wrong at all. It simply does not work as you have layed out. I am not said originator of your claim. I have just asked the question. Now true, I can conduct my own research and find out the truth. But why should I?? If you want to prove that you are right,defend your reputation and defend yourself from allegations of making crap up, then to find the truth is up to you!! ( I know I WOULD present evidence if I had it, to prove my integrity) If you dont, then you run the real risk of having everything you post regarded with suspicion. Of course, if i was in your situation, I would have probably confessed that I was not sure, or my information was wrong or incomplete. No harm done there. Restless assured I have taken steps to find out the truth, as far as it can be ascertained. I would certainly welcome anyone else's contributions on this,to help find the answer , EITHER way.

Maybe you Jobe, should read MY post again as I not once said anything along the lines of "If you TRULY support what you say in your own statement, then that means you are fine with anyone making ANY bullshit claim about any topic, and no one has any right of reply to correct, debate,argue differently, offer a differing opinion, refute, contest, or dispute at any time. Instead , we should all trot off and be mature and find out the truth for ourselves." and I quite frankly cannot understand how you inferred it, I do not believe anyone should just write bullshit and claim it is right. I was simply appalled at your degree of heightened anger over a simple thing, that IN THEORY you could have found out yourself. Now, can we finally get onto topic. All over and I am over everyone's bullshit.

It was not anger Jacob that led me to question, rather a desire for the truth. Being about LPM ( along with LPS something I DO have a great deal of knowledge about) I was appalled to see a claim which I thought, and still do, think is crap. Now in theory, yes I could have found this out myself. I am currently looking for an answer to that question (As have others on this board). In your state of complete disgust at me , you seem to have ignored the fact that I have offered several times to apologise if RWC is found to be correct. I have also pro-offered the hand of civility several times, to which there has been no reply from said party. In fact, whilst I have been willing to move or give on several points to find common ground, RWC has stubbornly refused to even acknowledge this. But as they say C'est La Vie........ anyhow, my point is I harbour no lasting grudges or animosity. I just have a low tolerance for bullshit - a fact I think most people on this board ( maybe even yourself) would agree on. NOW we can move back on topic -_-

I have actually asked nicley, it doesn't matter what side of the argument you are on really. PM back and forth or something if you want to keep going.

Not a problem. That goes for all though. Now that we are all moving on and being polite vegemites, how about pointing me in the direction of the LPM article you were talking about in earlier posts RWC? I asked before but you may have missed it. I have looked but I cannot seem to find the one you are referring to. If you could send me a link it would be much appreciated!!

The problem is, people will not travel to Victoria for a theme park. It would be a tack on to an existing trip. I don't think Australia can have too many large theme parks. Gold Coast is so established an has such great weather that I don't see the point putting one here. As much as u would love a universal here.

When you look at it Disney Universal work in the way that they have one east coast park and one west coast park and tourists, are suppose to travel to the park that is closest to them, so if VRTP and Ardent are both established already on the east coast, then why build again on the east coast that just eats into their healthy tourist numbers on the Gold Coast and I don't ever see them expanding to the west coast. Best chance of another theme park IMO in Australia is in Sydney, VRTP may have had a plan to build in Melbourne but thats gone now and looking at Sydney with WnW. Plus, Melbourne weather is way too ridiculous, 40 degrees one day, 0 the next! The Gold Coast climate is much better suited for a theme park and Sydney is okay, hence them building a water park that can close in winter.

The problem is, people will not travel to Victoria for a theme park. It would be a tack on to an existing trip. I don't think Australia can have too many large theme parks. Gold Coast is so established an has such great weather that I don't see the point putting one here. As much as u would love a universal here.

For me, the logic would be to build a place people from Melbourne and the surrounding regional cities would fill up every weekend, with people who would subsequently buy food etc. (Sell $99 all year passes) It would be closed in the coldest parts of the year, and perhaps some days per week on the shoulders. Surely We all know how much regular visitation you can generate from a value yearly pass scheme. The difference here is a Melbourne theme park has less competition than the GC, and a larger local population.

For me, the logic would be to build a place people from Melbourne and the surrounding regional cities would fill up every weekend, with people who would subsequently buy food etc. (Sell $99 all year passes) It would be closed in the coldest parts of the year, and perhaps some days per week on the shoulders. Surely We all know how much regular visitation you can generate from a value yearly pass scheme. The difference here is a Melbourne theme park has less competition than the GC, and a larger local population.

Problem is that these days land and building costs are so expensive compared to when the GC parks were built that you probably couldn't afford to shut it for pretty much 1/3 of the year.

Problem is that these days land and building costs are so expensive compared to when the GC parks were built that you probably couldn't afford to shut it for pretty much 1/3 of the year.

Land costs are higher, but remember these days you can charge a lot more for tickets, food etc than you could in 1992. When inflation happens, everything rises together. Edited by Gazza