no more dive in movies

moo82

Where is this comment as its not on there page

Yes it is, just was a reply to someone's question, here it is: Vicki Laurie Wet'n'Wild Water World - Gold Coast, Australia will there be movie nights this summer 592238_179581356080_459620041_q.jpg Wet'n'Wild Water World - Gold Coast, Australia No unfortunately we wont have Dive in movies this year - but not to worry there will still be lots of fun to be had! Sorry for the ugly c/p....

Well that's strange for them to get rid of a major feature unless there are planning on working on the wave pool it would be sad to see it gone for good

Can't see it having anything to do with the wave pool, as that will be open all summer. Would be more to do with either the projector or screen one would think, or staffing/costing - but I'd imagine it was profitable with all the food/bev purchased

Wet'n'Wild has been downsizing the Dive 'n' Movies for years so I am not particularly surprised its been removed. I recall a fair few years ago now (around the time when Terror Canyon was still operating), the movies would be run every Saturday from September through to April with them running every night in the peak summer period. If I remember correctly, they only ran them for a couple of weeks last year.

...and then only on weekends. I was at wet n wild on the weekend, and I did notice all of the signage off the shelters around the pool (the ones that say Dive N Movies) as well as the large artwork on the projection building had been removed painted over... didn't occur to me at the time that they wouldn't be doing them... just thought they might have been redoing the signage...

realistically - the money they would make would only be for food and beverage.... few people would be buying a ticket just for the night... and they still keep all the slides open and running... thats a lot of staff to pay, and only the food and beverage takings for people having dinner at the park (for those who don't duck out to mcdonalds) to pay for all of it - not to mention all the filtration systems, pumps, and power they're paying for...

Neither, totally serious. We head down and pull in at MW for nachos before heading to the Gold Coast and then swinging back over tamborine to get some fudge. Hell we used to drive all the way to Coolangatta just for pies.

Edited by Wyncenuros