Sea World - Creatures from the Deep

Zanstabar

Jeez this CotD place is looking swish. Particularly that giant squid next to the shipwreck is really nice looking. Is this going to be a permanent and theme-fitting version of dinosaur island?

This 'dinosaurs unearthed' company must have made a mint with all the traveling shows, permanent and semi-permanent exhibits they sold all around the globe.

Seems a bit odd. Appears to be just a bunch of stationary sculptures plonked around the lake. When they gauged interest in the idea on Future of Fun, I was picturing it inside a building so they could add lighting and effects etc.

I have had the same thoughts. Still though it does appear they have spent a decent amount of money on it so I'm hoping there will be more to it.

If there isn't, and if it does turn out to be just a bunch of stationary sculptures plonked around a lake then it would be a one time only attraction at best.

I must admit I'm struggling to imagine how they can make it much more than that. I am assuming the creatures will move (animatronics), but there would still need to be more to it. A story. A walk-through experience of some sort. Interactive elements would be absolutely essential if they want it to be something people will want to do more than once.

I will reserve judgement until I see it when it opens, and I'm really hoping it's not a waste of money and land that could have been much better used. Fingers crossed!

I think part of it will be indoors too, in the same building which was used for the indoors part of Dinosaur Island.

Edited by pushbutton

Maybe that's all they could afford when they charge people $75 for a season pass..

As a business VRTP wouldn't be charging such a low price if it wasn't beneficial to them.

I know that I have personally spent a lot more money in the parks since the introduction of the cheap passes. Before the passes I would only visit one of the parks probably every 3 years or so, so they would only be getting ~$75(day pass entry) + ~$50(spending in the park) = ~$125 out of me every 3 years.

Now every year for the past 3 years I have bought a year pass. Even if the passes had been $75 every year that's $225 just on passes in 3 years (Already VRTP has gotten an extra $100 out of me they wouldn't have normally), this isn't taking into account the extra food and merchandise I have purchased over the years, and due to the low entry cost I have been more inclined to purchase up-charges like animal encounters which I would not have done with a standard day pass in years gone.

I know this story is same for the 6 people living in my house and I would say is the same for hundreds of other locals.

Edited by rac2703

^^^ this. Couldn't have said it better, myself!!!

I know usually we would maybe visit a theme park once a year, if that. That's also all that happened when I was a child, my parents couldn't afford to take me very often because of the high entry prices.

But with the introduction of the cheap VIP passes, my own family & I are visiting them at least once a week. And yes, we do make regular purchases, usually food & drinks, when we can't be bothered leaving the park to seek something cheaper. They also have drink refill deals which are worthwhile if you buy a sipper outright and take it back with you on days you visit. Might be only a few dollars a day for us to pay, but it adds up for the park when everyone is doing it.

I know when we visited Movieworld yesterday, we bought: 1 x coffee, 1 x donut, 1 x icecream w/ gummy bears, 1 x bag of lollies, 1 x green lantern cape, 1 x earrings. The latter mainly being for our kids lol. And we didn't even end up having lunch there!

I think it's fairly obvious how the cheap passes are turning out to be a winner for the parks, especially when it comes to locals :)