2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

This is what I believe to be DW's land, the satellite image is very old (there's still water in Blue Lagoon and WWW hasn't been build yet) so the land might also not be up to date, especially with land being bought for the Coomera Town Centre. The blue area is the land DW owns. Someone correct me if this is wrong:

FnAbVEV.png

14 hours ago, AlexB said:

^Milk Crate.

How can you see loose item storage, but not the train? Where were you standing?

I was standing on the path between the Temple of Huey tower and the Station itself, the train was back in the brake run, I could only see the parts I mentioned while looking from the direction of Pipeline Plunge.

13 hours ago, Santa07 said:

FnAbVEV.png

10 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.9b2467db518852b2b56ca4

Thank you both. :)

Also, I somehow forgot to mention, but, Dreamworld is replacing it's Q4U system with Ride Express, or Rider Express, or something of that name. The system has four tiers, but perks weren't listed, from what I noticed of the sign. Proof of this is at MDMC and Tail Spin, possibly at other rides, however, most still display the Q4U signage.

43 minutes ago, ThemeTendo said:

Also, I somehow forgot to mention, but, Dreamworld is replacing it's Q4U system with Ride Express, or Rider Express, or something of that name. The system has four tiers, but perks weren't listed, from what I noticed of the sign. Proof of this is at MDMC and Tail Spin, possibly at other rides, however, most still display the Q4U signage.

Is this just a branding change? Or do you know if they're getting rid of the Lo-Q/Accesso Bots?

off topic here- I'm considering doing Tower Of Terror 2 would you guys say it's scarier than the Superman Escape? I'm trying to upthe website will still not let me upload a picture of the Rider Express sign and the website isn't letting me upload any pictures AGAIN, I'm uploading it on my Facebook page which can be accessed through my profile

6 hours ago, Zanstabar said:

Is this just a branding change? Or do you know if they're getting rid of the Lo-Q/Accesso Bots?

It's most likely a branding change, Dreamworld Facebook has said that "all will be revealed soon." So I see the new rebrand being rolled out on the 26th Dec. (Also, when I replied with "I look forward to everything coming on the 26th of December then;" DW then replied "Fun times ahead for all. :)" - not that it necessarily means anything towards the Q4U upgrade/rebrand)

I went back there today with a different camera and got the photos below.

3 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

off topic here- I'm considering doing Tower Of Terror 2 would you guys say it's scarier than the Superman Escape? I'm trying to upthe website will still not let me upload a picture of the Rider Express sign and the website isn't letting me upload any pictures AGAIN, I'm uploading it on my Facebook page which can be accessed through my profile

I personally, having been to various U.S. parks, I don't find either of them scary in the slightest.

IMG_1041.thumb.JPG.4fe27d31c2f77803b8e08

There are three variations of the system; Bronze, Silver and Gold. (Below is copied straight off the sign)

Bronze: Virtually places you in the queue while you continue to explore the park. (Equal to the current wait time)

Silver: Virtually places you half way in the current queue wait time. (Up to 50% Faster)

Gold: Ride Express Gold Riders, please simply head straight to selected ride. (Up to 90% Faster)

Disclaimer: Wait times are an approximate and subject to change.

IMG_1030.thumb.JPG.49e1a7dff4f73fbfbb313

IMG_1031.thumb.JPG.cb6efe93ec66a0e3bf077

The Restaurant looks pretty decent.

IMG_1040.thumb.JPG.4882d5b23b93bf1102914

Sorry, the above photo doesn't show much, but oh well.

IMG_1043.thumb.JPG.68311a8190e26b2164696

I thought I'd include the above one either way, it isn't the best, and the lighting didn't help, but it gives a little bit of a glimpse inside the Motorsport Experience.

IMG_1038.thumb.JPG.0e4b930669d2694ada6e2

There is the Milk carton container things

I tried taking a picture of the visible part of the train, but my camera wasn't good enough; but it's still attached below anyway...

IMG_1039.JPG

Edited by ThemeTendo

Looks like it's going to be the cheapest refurb ever. And those coloured cars on the old Cyclone, reminds me too much of Motocoaster. As does all the chequered flag 'theming'. So weird to have two separate Motocoaster zones now. I've got a funny feeling Dreamworld is about to be smashed by Movie World in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, GoGoBoy said:

Looks like it's going to be the cheapest refurb ever. And those coloured cars on the old Cyclone, reminds me too much of Motocoaster. As does all the chequered flag 'theming'. So weird to have two separate Motocoaster zones now. I've got a funny feeling Dreamworld is about to be smashed by Movie World in the not too distant future.

This is why they somehow have to make the mammoth effort to move the motocoaster out back onto the remaining thunderbolt land.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I think this is the first sub-par project DW has done in over 12 months. The rest of their work has been quality and theming/refresh wise they are well ahead of MW currently. I hope that changes as it will promote further investment across all the parks 

I'm all for calling the park out for dodgy work, however how do you know and how can you say this? Are you on the production team? Have you done an Andrewh? Regardless the project is not finished, there's no sneak peaks, and we haven't seen the finished product yet. The only bad thing we can so far say is that we now have 2 Motorsport themed areas, which is weird but honestly we have always in recent times had 2 different Motorsport themed attractions so this isn't much different.

Im all for calling them out for bad work, but really, we have no basis to yet base these claims on.

I'm interested to see what they do with the inside of the ride. I posted my thoughts earlier in the thread on what I'd like to see, but what I'm expecting is just old photos of cars and other images in the exact same queue space, still with the giant turbine in the middle. 

I'd loved to be proved wrong though. 

Two weeks till reopening, I don't think a repaint is likely, which is a shame. I'd take a dull rollercoaster with a comfortable train over a repainted one with the old cyclone coaster any day.

I don't see the cost benifit of relocating the moto coaster to the old thunderbolt site. If they were going to completely dismantle it id prefer they sold it on so we don't have to suffer any longer with such a boring 'thrill' ride.