2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

It'll be a few years before I get back to Australia to try the refactored Hot Wheels.

However, those trains worked absolute wonders for Magic Mountain at Gardaland – turning it from a fairly horrible ride into something that is, if not stunning, at least fun. 

It's good to see this being done.

54 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

In this photo - were you standing back and there was no one else there? It looks like you should be able to walk closer but I'm just surprised there's no one else there???

I was standing back, you can walk closer to cars if you want to, sorry if the picture annoyed you

1 hour ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

the park was dead,  I thought the park would be packed because the a new attraction just opened, it was even less busy than Christmas Eve

Christmas yesterday if you have kids they would be up early wanting to open presents and everything and then imagine going to DW the day after all that. You would need to be in a Dreamworld to go to Dreamworld the following day.

Edited by Ashley

Boxing Day tends to be busier than normal, but between Boxing Day falling on a Saturday this year and a whole heap of passes expiring on Christmas Eve it's not that big a shock that it would be slightly quieter.  Monday and Tuesday are the days to watch crowd wise, one of them (Probably Tuesday) should see the biggest crowd of the year.

17 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7bb27cca69b86289ee761b0

That hallway looks insanely bright. I know that the blue and orange are synonymous with Hot Wheels, but I really wish that maybe went with a more toned down colour that didn't assault your eyes.

Also, sorry to add more questions @The_Ninja_59 but do you happen to know what is in the circular room near the gates at the station? I can see something in that image, and it's clear they've replaced the tarp-looking thing that was there. 

3 hours ago, totta3 said:

the show is 20 min and he or she plays at 7:30 and 8:30 But All Rides shut at 8.

Okay, so I can confirm.. not a real DJ ? Might be just an employee up there pretending to be one. The way that the show seems to be is that all of the lights & everything goes to the music? This means if the DJ is out of time or stuffs up (which happens from time to time), the whole show is ruined! I don't think they would take the risk of that happening hahaha

I just checked the Dreamworld website & they do have a real DJ. I just don't get why he only is up there for the show & why he doesn't play from say 5-9 with the exception of stopping for the show? He is literally getting paid to do nothing then ? Sounds like Justin Bieber... :P

Anyway I think I'm looking too much into this anyway ? The show is mainly about all of the lasers, lights & effects. If the show is amazing then I can't complain really! :) 

Edited by xRazzBerryx

15 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

He is literally getting paid to do nothing then ? Sounds like Justin Bieber... :P

If it's at $50p/h like my husband gets paid on average for his DJ gigs, you wouldn't be complaining ? Mind you, he actually does work hard for it... there is a lot more involved than meets the eye for legitimate DJs. Beat mixing, key mixing, editing etc. to keep things running consistently. There is a lot of homework involved behind the scenes. 

Anyhoo...!!!

From what I have heard,  Dreamworld have been using the same DJ business for their functions for many years now, although with a recent change of marketing management that may also change as well in future. Who knows... ?