Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

I really think the only way DW could get the ride reopened is close the entire Gold Rush area to be closed for a few months so the rapids aren't operating. Rip out the old track. And then contact a newer company like Mack or Intamin to replace the track with the same layout. See if the old cars work and if they don't, purchase new vehicles. And see if it works. If that still doesn't work, dreamworlds are going to have no choice but demolish the entire mountain and find a suitable replacement because you can't just leave something like that to rot for an entire decade!

^If people have seen the vehicles being tested on track, I'd imagine that most of it would be alright, maybe a few sections might need fixing or replaced. I could be wrong, but I'd imagine that they'd need new vehicles anyways, to add padding and modern safety systems to them. They wouldn't need to close the whole Gold Rush area, but they would need to close the river rapids. And if they replaced the track and vehicles there shouldn't be any reason for it not to work.

you can't just leave something like that to rot for an entire decade!

• Disneyland People Mover \ Rocket Rods (SBNO since 2000)
  • EPCOT Body Wars (SBNO since 2007)
  • Disney's River Country (WDW - SBNO since 2001)
  • EPCOT ImageWorks (SBNO since 1999)

These are just some examples, and source is here, but the main point made in the article itself, says this:

Sometimes, though, if an attraction has no direct replacement, it is easier (and more importantly, cheaper) simply to leave it in place, hidden from guests’ view.

If DW do not have a direct alternate use for the space (which, let's face it - is hampered by the cinema on one side, and the rapids below), why would they demolish it?

Likewise - the Skylink chairlift also remains. there is no reason to spend money removing it if you don't need the space it occupies. i'd rather they kept that money for new attractions than unnecessary demolition.

And unless you'd been on the skyline chairlift or know about them, it isn't obvious that they were rides/attractions. They both blend into the theming of the area and unless you look carefully you wouldn't know. It will be great if they reopen Eureka, but if it remains there for many more years then it isn't a major issue.

And unless you'd been on the skyline chairlift or know about them, it isn't obvious that they were rides/attractions. They both blend into the theming of the area and unless you look carefully you wouldn't know. It will be great if they reopen Eureka, but if it remains there for many more years then it isn't a major issue.

Yep, I've been to Dreamworld many, many times post chairlift and the first I knew about it was reading it on this forum. 

I'm fairly sure people who've never been or heard of eureka mountain would know something used to be there, the big 'Eureka mountain gold mining co', the 'exit only' sign, the exposed roller coaster track, the giant mountain. 

I remember when the looney tunes river rapid ride closed down at movieworld, they tried very hard to make it seem as if there was never a ride there whilst it was SBNO. Dreamworld needs to do this if they have no plans to demolish or restore.

The exit only sign is the only thing you've raised that I take issue with. the Eureka sign isn't an issue - there is quite a lot of signs on buildings in all theme parks that are just there 'for show'. the mountain - likewise is just a bit of theming. We're in gold rush country, and the last thing we want to see is the bare back wall of the concrete cinema over in the next land - so it's cleverly hidden behind a mountain in the mountainous gold rush country... yes - everything else fits... except the track... hmmmm...

see - the track itself fits the gold rush theme - mine carts need track to go in and out of the mine, don't they? And when a mine is abandoned, they don't usually remove the track do they?

The Eureka structure actually fits the gold rush theme better than you give it credit for. The Exit sign is the only thing in my opinion that looks 'out of place' - and it's painted on - it wouldn't be hard to paint over it if it was that big of an issue.

Hang on, totta3's logo is of the one and only Wipeout. Wipeout is a Vekoma Waikiki Wave Super Flip. Vekoma. Vekoma is a roller coaster company. One of Vekoma's many models is a boomerang. Boomerang is an Australian Aboriginal hunting tool. Australia is home to the Gold Coast, the Gold Coast is home to Dreamworld. Dreamworld is home to a Vekoma Waikiki Wave Super Flip, coincidence, I think not. If totta's logo is a sign for a Vekoma Waikiki Wave Super Flip, we can only assume that totta is working for Vekoma or Dreamworld. If totta is working for Dreamworld, this explains how he got all this information. If totta works for Vekoma, we can only assume that vekoma is working with Mack Rides to create a new Wild Mouse eureka. 

images.jpeg

Edited by Wil_i_am_not

Sad but true... was sitting down at one of above park benches just minutes ago before leaving the DW lol. However also confirmed that they aren't fixed to the ground in any way, and are therefore easily removable at any time if they decide they want to do something different with that area.

Edited by OceanGirl

• Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion