Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

33 minutes ago, Gary86 said:

Except for Gremlins...

warner brothers classics and the great gremlins adventure is one of the past attractions i miss most

for me its removal was the start of end of the parks i grew up with and miss very much

2001 was a sad year first we lost the great gremlins adventure at movie world.

and second we lost the australian country jamboree at dreamworld ( the start of dreamworlds downfall) for me

Edited by JeffreyMoore

I'm hoping they keep renovating the park and reopen eureka this year  would love them to come up with a new stunt show concept and rebuild captain Sturt but that's just me being nostalgic  the park was never the same after they let the place go and pulled most of the  classic attractions like the  steam trains and captain Sturt ceased having the bush ranger show  its good that they ardent leisure have woken up to the fact that dreamworld was designed (by ex Disney designers BTW) as a THEMEpark not an amusement park 

On 1 February 2016 at 11:17, pin142 said:

They use the "upto" to get away with speeds slower than what is advertised as the maximum. Reason for not going full speed is they simply didn't spend the money when turning it to ToT II to update the systems (SFMM did and is why theirs runs higher). The ride also develops a really bad shudder when returning to the station after multiple full speed launches.

Not true

Regulations on the number of Gs a person can be subjected to are the cause of the slow down because the ride runs backwards. 

Also the transition angle from horiz to vert on our ride is much sharper than at SFMM so that coupled with more lax regs allow their attraction to run faster. 

2 hours ago, djrappa said:

Not true

Regulations on the number of Gs a person can be subjected to are the cause of the slow down because the ride runs backwards. 

Also the transition angle from horiz to vert on our ride is much sharper than at SFMM so that coupled with more lax regs allow their attraction to run faster. 

XWOuu8G.gif?noredirect

Ok here's some interesting news.. Kevil Hill / Zombie Evilution is now fenced off.. can we see a new ride coming soon as I stated last Sunday that there lines getting marked around the Stingray/Kevil Hill area or maybe it's getting an new license?(Credit to TTSPN for the first picture, the other two pictures were taken by me last week) image.thumb.jpeg.12c26a3eb2bb85cb60b3772

image.thumb.jpeg.e6dc69cc8694e26dee6f833image.thumb.jpeg.7b192aa9677bd188ee24236

UPDATE: more reports are coming in from The Theme Park Social Network. they are claiming it's down for a major refurbishment, what do you think we will see with this? image.thumb.jpeg.f744efe2dc6bed1f7810d98image.thumb.jpeg.a9e2ef542a9e4bc7987cae5image.thumb.jpeg.43515fde995fc83ee78dc0aimage.thumb.jpeg.e59c1bcbf59dd57352cea00

Edited by The_Ninja_59

A major refurbishment hey? Zombie Evilution isn't in a bad condition, so it's obviously not a spruce-up refurb, probably something more along the lines of the attraction actually changing a bit. If Zombie Evilution was to go, that space as well as the stingray space and possibly some of the remaining thunderbolt land could accomodate a fairly decent rollercoaster. Or, a dark ride (wakey wakey push).

Edited by Santa07

image.thumb.jpeg.5146a38867a0bd1056f042fimage.thumb.jpeg.bfeb6e9e7c599571fb8e235image.thumb.jpeg.3d0e93c2159b1592a7a19feimage.thumb.jpeg.2b88306b2c4dbbca536597c

more pictures, Dreamworld said to someone who was questioning them on Facebook what was happening.. Dreamworld denied the rumour that TTPSN made, so once again TTSPN is making shit up to get traffic to their page..

UPDATE, just got information coming in from an employee that I spoke to... Zombie Evilution is now permanently closed its due to replaced by a Tiger Island expansion for the April Holidays

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Tiger Island expansion? Ewwwwww. Dreamworld has enough animals.

Zombie Evilution may have been a lame laser tag, but it was pretty popular. I'm expecting a few complaints from the GP in the weeks/months to come. They really should've replaced it with a world-class dark ride or something Dreamworld really needs, not a larger tiger pen. Putting in a fantastic dark ride will attract more people than making an existing attraction that was already adequate size a bit bigger.

13 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Tiger Island expansion? Ewwwwww. Dreamworld has enough animals.

Zombie Evilution may have been a lame laser tag, but it was pretty popular. I'm expecting a few complaints from the GP in the weeks/months to come. They really should've replaced it with a world-class dark ride or something Dreamworld really needs, not a larger tiger pen. Putting in a fantastic dark ride will attract more people than making an existing attraction that was already adequate size a bit bigger.

dam right it was popluar, IMO out of all the attractions in the park, this is the only attraction where I can say people rushed back do to the attraction, hey at least the shitty maze is going ;) 

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Whilst it was just a stock standard laser skirmish, just like the ones that are all around the suburbs now, it was free to anyone in Dreamworld and in my opinion was a pretty good attraction for that reason. However I've only been in it once because I was expecting that since it's called Zombie Evilution and it's in a theme park there would be actors playing Zombies within it. 

I was expecting it would be guests against zombies, with maybe the zombies getting higher scores per hit to give them a fair chance against a larger team of guests. 

Instead it was meh. Just like the suburbs. OK but disappointing compared to what I expected.

Fair enough with the Tiger Island expansion, but we do now need something to replace Zombie Evilution. Preferably something better!

Come on Ardent. DREAM BIG!

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016