Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

After a couple years of 'refurbs' and some much needed improvement right across the park, I think DW needs to 'go big' and get a big crowd pulling attraction in. Where it would fit and what's plausible I'm not so sure, but I feel they are slipping behind with less flexible payment options (I know VRTPs monthly payment options are gaining them clientele) and some big things planned at MW for 2016/17. 

I would like to see DW step aside from refurbishing their food places for 2016 and focus on building an major roller coaster and open it in time for the Commonwealth Games, they need something that can go against MW's major roller coaster, if that's something that DW can't do I wouldn't mind them getting a WindSeeker ride installed 

45 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

I would like to see DW step aside from refurbishing their food places for 2016 and focus on building an major roller coaster and open it in time for the Commonwealth Games, they need something that can go against MW's major roller coaster, if that's something that DW can't do I wouldn't mind them getting a WindSeeker ride installed 

Why buy a Windseeker when there is a manufacturer who builds the same thing under a different name just up the road…

57 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

It's 2 1/2 years until the CG's. I hope we see something long before that....

@Brad2912

they will most likely do more refurbishments around the park before we get a new ride,

I did forget to say that if I they get a WindSeeker they should get built next year (2016) 

@XxMrYoshixX Where is this attraction that you are referring to is down the road?. As I'm concerned MW has no WindSeeker installed 

Edited by The_Ninja_59

I'd love it if they made DREAMS the major focus for marketing, events, a new fantastical dark ride, and all future developments be they rides, walk-throughs, characters, shows, restaurants, shops, or landscaping. 

It's the name of the park and it would give them a clear point of difference from the Village parks.

They've made a great start with Beat Box.

I'd also like to see genuine improvement to the quality and prices of food and drink options. 

Just one other thing that is very basic, but extremely important. They should OPEN THE DOORS!!! Having everyone queuing to squeeze through a single narrow entry is a very poor first impression, especially during peak times. 

2015 has been a good year for the park. I haven't seen it yet but the Brock garage I quite unique and whilst I would have love to have seen a new coaster in 2015, the refurb of cyclone looks to have been an all round winner. 

2016, I hope more of the park is plussed, I hope we see Eureka run again, i would love to see a new coaster development happen, and would love to see something come of the old steam train that they have sitting in the shed. The park just hasn't been the same since they went diesel.

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

I'd love it if they made DREAMS the major focus for marketing, events, a new fantastical dark ride, and all future developments be they rides, walk-throughs, characters, shows, restaurants, shops, or landscaping. 

In terms of marketing at this period in time, I would say they wouldn't have much to work with.

VRTP, as with Disney, can pull of some of the "dreams" marketing because they have opportunities based around common wishes amongst the younger demographics. I remember being in 3rd Grade and begging my parents to take me to Movie World just so I could meet Scooby-Doo and the gang, while my sister begged for Sea World so she could swim with a dolphin, and that's just the first two that comes to mind. I really, really, wanted to meet Scooby just because that was my absolute favourite thing back then; it was my dream and VRTP offered a way for me to fulfil it.

Now let's look at Dreamworld and see what can be achieved in the way of dreams. Honestly, there's not much. Meeting a koala or a kangaroo is pretty much all I can think of, unless kids are now dreaming of free falling from 300+ ft.  

That's not to say that your idea can't go ahead, but it would require Dreamworld to actually implement more than what they have now. 

3 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

if that's something that DW can't do I wouldn't mind them getting a WindSeeker ride installed 

Haven't the WindSeeker been plagued with issues? Or have they ironed those out now?

1 hour ago, Zanstabar said:

In terms of marketing at this period in time, I would say they wouldn't have much to work with...

...Now let's look at Dreamworld and see what can be achieved in the way of dreams. Honestly, there's not much. Meeting a koala or a kangaroo is pretty much all I can think of, unless kids are now dreaming of free falling from 300+ ft.  

That's not to say that your idea can't go ahead, but it would require Dreamworld to actually implement more than what they have now. 

Haven't the WindSeeker been plagued with issues? Or have they ironed those out now?

Dreamworld has the DreamWorks characters from the Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda films and for the younger kids, the ABC Kids World; with Giggle and Hoot and what ever other characters are involved.

Regarding the WindSeeker, I couldn't find any recent issues, with a quick google search, so I'll assume they've been ironed out.

Edited by ThemeTendo

I think DW has focused more on the 'worlds' rather than the 'dreams' and there is a lot more they can do with the 'world' tag. Anything can be a world... not everything can be a dream.

Depending on who you are, you could just as easily consider 'walking with a tiger' to be as much a dream as 'swim with a dolphin'... so the experiences are there... but i think the VRTP group have a better offering overall to the average family.

Dreamworld have said for a while that their focus was to refurb a few things before bringing out a big ride... they've done their refurb and i'd say they already have a ride on the cards to be ready before the GCCG... its just whether it will compete with VRTP, and to be honest, to do that - they're going to need to do well.

On the flip side - since SoundStage 9 will be on the same lot as the existing studio\theme park complex, there isn't any additional parking... hopefully people aren't 'scared off' from MW\WnW by the lack of parking brought on by the additional visitation....

7 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

@Brad2912

they will most likely do more refurbishments around the park before we get a new ride,

I did forget to say that if I they get a WindSeeker they should get built next year (2016) 

@XxMrYoshixX Where is this attraction that you are referring to is down the road?. As I'm concerned MW has no WindSeeker installed 

Funtime the manufacturer who makes the Six Flags Skyscreamers was what I was refering to as "down the road" since they are based on the GC.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

1 hour ago, totta3 said:

Dreamworld should install a 3d ride like transformers or the Simpsons ride

Transformers is the most amazing ride I've ever ridden. It's just incredible. I'd love to see it at one of our parks but that thing costs $100 million... So yeah... ? Even The Simpsons Ride costs $40 million. This is with theming, demolition/replacing old ride etc. So depending on how & where they would put it, maybe a little bit less, but still quite a lot of money $$!

image.jpeg

Edited by xRazzBerryx

And transforms is made by a few companies including universal create and industrial light and magic which work with universal. So I doubt we will see something like that ride in Australia unless a universal studios comes here. It cost $100 million USD so take into account the exchange rate plus rights for the name and theme and our expensive labour rates and those factors it will cost more than $100 million.

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016