DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

10 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Helloooooooooo again everyone.. 

It's been such a  long time, for sure. I sincerely hope that you are all keeping well?

Symantics aside, I think this might be just the thing you are all looking for http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ykvt71LfHI

That ride has a footprint incredibly smaller than the area we have already seen cleared and pegged.. It's not that 

43 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I know most people won't notice the significance of these crates but if Gold Coast media gets the word about these crates from a 3rd party or even read these forums themselves, I feel this could spread like wildfire in Australian media quickly as it would all but confirm a highly talked about rumour that one of the best rollercoasters in the world is on it's way to Australia and Movie World might want to ensure they release that information first otherwise they may delay the announcement again to ensure maximum publicity when the time comes. If Gold Coast media says nothing, I think Movie World will take their time with the announcement but it will still be imminent.

Never mind what I said above. I just realised that Gold Coast media found out about the rollercoaster when it's development application was discovered in December 2015. The fact that the rollercoaster could be from Mack Rides won't be newsworthy to the mainstream media (even though it would be to theme park media) so I think Movie World will definitely take their time with the announcement even though it could still be imminent.

I also noticed in this Gold Coast Bulletin article about Village Roadshow's annual shareholder meeting from the 20th of November 2015:

Co-chairman, Robert Kirby, spoke briefly about the future at the Gold Coast parks at the company's annual shareholder meeting: "In the coming months, we will be announcing an exciting new attraction for the Gold Coast which we expect will be one of the world’s best theme park drawcards"

This would indicate an announcement no later than the 20th of November 2016 (otherwise instead of saying "In the coming months", he would have said "Next year").

So assuming no more delays occur, the announcement would be no later than 2 months & 20 days but maybe as soon as tomorrow...:D

Regardless of what the construction site looks like now and on the 20th November 2016, I believe we'll officially know a lot more about the rollercoaster than what the construction site reveals by then.

51 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

.. I've seen enough. That 1 shown may not be the same size.. but you get the idea of what to expect.. perhaps this one is more up your sleeve? https://youtu.be/hR25KHmV6Lc

Shall we wait and see then?

I feel like you're completely wrong.. But hey, it's always fun to have your own opinions & guesses :)

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

.. I've seen enough. That 1 shown may not be the same size.. but you get the idea of what to expect.. perhaps this one is more up your sleeve? https://youtu.be/hR25KHmV6Lc

So what are they building at the front end of the carpark entry that has just been cleared and has Mack crates all over it? It sure as hell isnt either of the rides you've put forward unless you have to walk down a yet to be built 100+ metre path from Green Lantern to get to the ride entrance... 

I think they're putting this coaster in a really good position out the front of the park and I hope it quickly becomes an icon as much as Superman Escape has.

I think going for a launched coaster would look strange in the GP's eyes. It'll seem like Superman 2.0 rather than its own ride.

Safe to say I'd be hyped for a hyper, but personally I couldn't care less as long as it's kick ass.

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The location of the mack crates surprised me, being literally 1m from the construction fencing and about as far from MW itself as possible. They are literally right on the pedestrian path along Entertainment Rd. 

As djrappa said though, most would have no idea what Mack is..

well, it does say 'Mack Rides' on the crate - so anyone who looks close enough is going to know its for a ride.

9 hours ago, downunder said:

Better still, construct a huge black dome over it and never tell anyone what it is.

I hope in future Star VIP Tours, the walk up the lift hill for this one will be quite challenging.

Huge black dome - bring on SPACE MOUNTAIN!

I've changed my mind. I think it'll be a multi-launch hypercoaster. Like Helix at Liseberg, but, with a hypercoaster type layout similar to the Flash at Lewa Adventure. I know I could be wrong about the ride being themed to the Flash DC character. But if it is, a multi-launch would be perfect. A chain lift start for a Flash themed ride would just seem like a missed opportunity.

^and that's usually completely acceptable given the lead time they generally have, but considering DD is still in 'finishing touches' mode, and they're already breaking ground on the next one (as well as the fact that the "60 days' announcement they trumpeted more than 60 days ago - you would expect them to have said something about it. Its a very unusual circumstance.

Personally, I don't think they should be waiting until DD opens, even if it is only another month - announce now, piggyback the DD opening arrangements in the same announcement, getting exposure for both, and then use the next month to market DD solidly.

They don't even have to have a full detailed announcement of precisely what it is - even if its just a teaser - some imagery, some hints to the theme without being too specific.... give it something!

@AlexB

I would wait also. If you have dates flashing around for DD opening it could confuse some people that the coaster is opening too.

For example, was the news article yesterday about Wanda it said a theme park the “size“ of Disney.  Tom Tate response in a second article was it will be great to get Disney on the coast. Tate was very excited about Disney coming to the Gold Coast.

I'm sure for the sake of the guest relations teams sanity (as they'll be being asked a million times a day) they'll announce 'something' in the very near future. Even if it's just a hint of a name and confirmation it's a coaster (for the GP who have no clue). 

If it is going to be themed to Flash, even fence wrapping with a lightening bolt and Xmas 2017 written on it would be enough to acknowledge the contruction and enhance the suspense, then drip feed info out

16 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Please, not a Zacspin-type ride, we need something that is decent and is not a poor excuse for a 4th Dimension coaster (or a roller coaster in general). If in the million to 1 chance that MW will get a 4th Dimension coaster, it should be something like X2 or Dinoconda to be considered "world's best"

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic