The Parkz Update: Tiger Island refurbishment, Dreamworld, March 2016

Parkz News

I really think they've done fantastically well with the kindy outdoor area.

The keepers relaxing with the cubs are also a good way for the tigers to get used to having handlers in their exhibit all day - which no doubt will be the norm when TI reopens to the public as has been the case previously.

I'm really struggling to find fault with the new exhibit at this point... but I do have one observation, which I want to make clear isn't a fault, more of a 'nice to have'.

In TI, handlers were present at most times during the day with the tigers on display (outside of showtimes). The handlers would periodically talk on a microphone to guests viewing the tigers, and even answer questions as they were asked.

I'm wondering whether it would be difficult to pop a couple of speakers out there somewhere hooked up to a wireless mic so the handlers could field questions and\or talk about their young charges - it would be very informative \ educational, and could only improve the experience - not to mention give those handlers something to do.

One point to note though is that the Eureka update isn't quite correct - since the ride closed a decade ago, we have seen a new door installed. :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/03/2016 at 0:30 PM, AlexB said:

In TI, handlers were present at most times during the day with the tigers on display (outside of showtimes). The handlers would periodically talk on a microphone to guests viewing the tigers, and even answer questions as they were asked.

I'm wondering whether it would be difficult to pop a couple of speakers out there somewhere hooked up to a wireless mic so the handlers could field questions and\or talk about their young charges - it would be very informative \ educational, and could only improve the experience - not to mention give those handlers something to do.

They've been listening to you again, Alex! 

20160402_135915.jpg

They had the Cub handlers talking on the mics in there this arvo :)