Dreamworld's Log Ride reopens

Parkz News

Not sure why you posted that here...  Only saw Seafm and news.com.au reporting that it was being shut down for good...  Don't remember seeing anyone here in the forums believing it...  If anything quite the opposite with everyone calling out the media for their usual over hype bs reporting...

Don't forget @Wyncenuros the active forum members aren't the only people who read Parkz. It's a major public site for theme park news, why wouldn't they post theme park news? 

Especially given the popularity of Aus stereo and how quickly they spread their crap, Parkz needs to combat that and stem the flow of paranoid idiots that can't read past the headline of a news article.

Edited by reanimated35

Any competent person who actually wanted facts should be checking out the Dreamworld website or fb page which has obviously put a post there as well.  The Parkz fb page has also posted and given that fb seems to be the be all and end all of so many people these days surely that is the most relevant place to post to reach the larger audience...  Given so many believe everything they read there why would they go searching for further information from a source such as the Dreamworld website or Parkz website to check and see?

I came straight to Parkz the moment I heard about the incident to get what I knew was more reliable information as I did not believe what was on fb was true...  For the GP that is not necessarily the case.

2 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

Not sure why you posted that here...  Only saw Seafm and news.com.au reporting that it was being shut down for good...  Don't remember seeing anyone here in the forums believing it...  If anything quite the opposite with everyone calling out the media for their usual over hype bs reporting...

Try channel nine news.  I think it was also run on 7 too. 

What are you on about @Wyncenuros What makes you think Parkz news is just for Parkz Members? 

Many reporters use Parkz as a source of news for their information.  I have always thought it would be interesting making up something and seeing who would run with it.

This was my favourite quote that I found online- “Nice people on the coast. “Apparently he was disabled and freaked out and tried to get out of the log just as it went up the lift hill.” Or is it the rumour “He stood up to do a piss” or the rumour “he was taking a photo of himself” or the rumour “he was surfing the log” or the rumour he was doing a handstand” or the rumour “he was scared Clive Palmer was going to sink the log”

If you type anything you want about a ride you will be directed to the Parkz website.

That rumour that the log ride was closing went crazy viral, I saw it pop up at least 5 times in my newsfeed, and posted by friends who aren't into theme parks.  They're not going to think 'Better check the website', they'll see something in the news and just believe it, which is why the message at the start of the week had a call to arms to share the post so people who don't follow us might have a chance to see the update.

People who didn't share or like that post might share or like an article, and unusually it felt like a community service announcement to try and get the word out there that what people had read was wrong.  Judging from the attention those posts recieved it's hard to argue against it, those posts got significantly more attention than a full Parkz Update, and that's without any of the usual headline tactics of doin an article called 'Is Dreamworld's log ride closed forever?' 

Even though to people on the forums it was pretty obvious what the outcome would be, we felt it was our duty to let the world know  what the situation was without hyperbole, that's what the Facebook posts were for, and that's why this article exists. 

I was not saying this topic should not be here...  I was commenting on Sunlanders post...  

22 hours ago, The Sunlander said:

So there you go, all you gloom and doom forecasters.  The ride is reopening - Dreamworld has officially reported.

20 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

Not sure why you posted that here...

The section saying...

19 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

... given that fb seems to be the be all and end all of so many people these days surely that is the most relevant place to post to reach the larger audience...

Was in relation to no one here thought this was true for a second...  Why the hell would I say it shouldn't be here and then in the next breath say...

19 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

I came straight to Parkz the moment I heard about the incident to get what I knew was more reliable information as I did not believe what was on fb was true...  For the GP that is not necessarily the case.

As you said Joz...

6 hours ago, joz said:

That rumour that the log ride was closing went crazy viral, I saw it pop up at least 5 times in my newsfeed, and posted by friends who aren't into theme parks.  They're not going to think 'Better check the website', they'll see something in the news and just believe it,

I put a post on my fb status about it being incorrect as well...  I didn't link to parkz only because my friends know that relating to theme parks the information I give them (which most of the time comes from here) is 99% of the time more accurate than anything they read...

Again had I quoted Sunlander perhaps people would realise what I have explained above and not be going off the deep end thinking I believe Parkz news should not be reporting on park news...

Edited by Wyncenuros