Revised Dreamworld Map - no Rocky Hollow Log Ride

themagician

DWs park map has now been updated and removed TRRR, Big Brother studio and interestingly the Log Ride too. The train circuit has been changed, the LEGO Store has been added, as well as a tiger image on the billboard where the Cub Kindy is.

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 10.56.26 am.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 10.57.04 am.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 10.57.10 am.png

Edited by themagician

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Brad2912 I agree, definitely a concern with the log ride, but it is still listed on their website, so will have to wait and see what happens. 

And I meant it's visually changed on the map where it used to show it going around the studio, but as it isn't on the map, they've modified the train, but this might not necessarily mean the trains actual route has changed, unless they modified it while the parks been closed.

16 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

how can the train circuit change?? 

I think @T-bone would be best to answer that. A quick look at nearmap compared to the images above - it doesn't appear to have a switch (or in fact a turning circle large enough) to permit it, but i'd say since they've cut the other elements out of the map, it looks easier to condense the 'big circle' into a small corner. it's not accurate, but i daresay the park map isn't to scale anyway... :D

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

it's not accurate, but i daresay the park map isn't to scale anyway... :D

I think Alex is on the money here, it's safe to say the track circuit wouldn't have changed. The sharp sudden gradient of the land in the area around the tower would make it almost impossible. Happy to go into why it wouldn't work if you would like me to.

Surprised they didn't lump GD in with AWE since it's closer and more connected than Gold Rush (assuming the path through the middle of Goldrush is closed off).

I must admit I haven't ever been a fan of Dreamworld's current map style, makes the place look cold and less fun to be in, the compromise with the train is pretty understandable, but it does add to that general vibe.  Also I don't know why, but I suddenly want them to do a short Captain Sturt style show with the train at Blue Lagoon.

2 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

GOLD RUSH.JPG

Who thinks Vintage Cars are part of Gold Rush?

I think the track changes on the map is just so DW doesn’t have to show 1/5 of the park is not functioning.

Hmm, so DW might be scrapping the "Town of Gold Rush" and "Rocky Hollow" areas now, and integrating them together. With the Big Brother House off the map, they could possibly add a massive ride to replace it and TRRR. 

Also, it will be a pain in the ass to get to Giant Drop now because of TRRR's immediate area being blocked off. It may possibly harm its already low ridership.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

3 minutes ago, Jakev8 said:

Goner be a very hot and dry time at dreamworld this summer with no TRR and maybe no LR to cool off on, and to think maybe how much longer some of the ques will be with the other rides, with these two rides out of action for the indefinite future..:(

If only there was a place nearby that had water, and maybe even some sort of tunnel or trough you could sit in with water running down it and be propelled towards a larger volume of water contained within an area designed for the purpose of holding liquid. 

1 minute ago, reanimated35 said:

If only there was a place nearby that had water, and maybe even some sort of tunnel or trough you could sit in with water running down it and be propelled towards a larger volume of water contained within an area designed for the purpose of holding liquid. 

Pretty sure last time i checked not every one has a pass to whitewater world mate.

14 minutes ago, Jakev8 said:

Pretty sure last time i checked not every one has a pass to whitewater world mate.

Even if this is true (which it's not as previously pointed out) you've always got wipeout - not a lot of water but it's a nice cool-down ride if you know where the hot seats are (well, more like the cold seats).