This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Skeeta

Consentino Live at Dreamworld

Cool kids bamboozle @Brad2912.
  3. Today
  4. Brad2912

I’m proud of having part of my comment deleted for “doxxing” I don’t know what it means but it sure sounds like something the cool kids would do these days.. Thanks @Slick
  5. pushbutton

The Off Topic Topic

I'm not at all surprised by this. How long was Draculas open? Cetainly over a decade at least. There's a lesson in this for other tourism businesses (theme parks included). If visitor numbers are dropping, but the attraction has been proven a success for many years (which Draculas owners said on Facebook was the case prior to its closure), the answer may be to invest in the business, not replace it with something that may not prove to be as successful as what was already there! The haunted house could have continued to be successful, and attracted many more visitors for decades to come, if the owners had just invested in new technology and refreshed it from time to time! There's all sorts they could have done. Basically though it was an awesome attraction, and it's very sad to see it go (the haunted house, not the stupid place where you could pay to use your own phone to take photos of yourself in front of pathetic cutouts)! The Trickpic Facebook page has a post as recent as late March, so it must have closed very recently. However the Facebook page gives no indication it has closed!
  6. Slick

The Off Topic Topic

Tokyo's teamlab exhibit (which is often sold out): Gold Coast's TrickPic: TLDR; pretty easy to see why it tanked. It looked shit.
  7. Jobe

The Off Topic Topic

Yeah well I was referring more to the Melbourne one as that is the one I have experienced and can safely say wasn't shit. But each to their own. As I stated earlier, i think the fact this this experience appears to have been not well advertised or well known , even amidst some of the posters on this board, would have to be a major reason why this appears to have failed. A number of other factors could have contributed- high rent, poor cashflow, parent company had other financial issues. Who knows?
  8. Skeeta

The Off Topic Topic

Except for the part it closed because it was shit. TrickPic TrickPic ArtVo
  9. Jobe

The Off Topic Topic

Ahh!! What a shame it closed. There are similar venues across Australia - there is one in Docklands at Melbourne of which I had the pleasure of visiting with the family. This is called ArtVo and is thoroughly recommended. http://artvo.com.au/ They are basically an immersive art gallery where you stand in front of these huge art and wall murals and insert yourself into the frame for amazing 3 D effects. Depending on how you shoot the picture, the effects can be awesome. They are huge amounts of fun and are great for the entire family. I would have thought that an example on the Gold Coast would have been a well attended attraction, but perhaps this comes down to the cosmopolitan crowd that live in Melbourne. It doesnt sound like this one was well advertised though? I was a little wary of the concept at first but i found the experience to be awesome- the whole family loved it. Its definitely not shit
  10. Skeeta

The Off Topic Topic

Sounds shit.
  11. Brad2912

The Off Topic Topic

Basically with some physical sets
  12. joz

The Off Topic Topic

What was it? A green screen photo place?
  13. Skeeta

Dreamworlds new pricing

They might not want it, but they do ask for it. As soon as the prices go up a dollar parks are swamped on social media with people complaining. These are the same people who can't figure out while holding a discounted ticket why Rivals is only running one train on a bumper day. These are the same people who can't figure out while holding a discounted ticket why the Coles frozen chips taste better than the chips they just paid $15.00 dollars for. These are the same people who can't figure out while holding a discounted ticket why the steam train no longer operates. Village has stared to try and break the cycle with it’s discounting but I still think the pricing is on the low side. When I was a young whippersnapper a year pass at DW was 3.5 times the cost of one day entry. I did a paper run all year to buy my season pass and I chained my bike up at the front of DW because I had no money left to catch the bus. 😂
  14. Mark Shaw

Dreamworlds new pricing

The pricing could be supported if the product/experience was significantly improved but yes, fair comment. It amounts to the same thing really. The consumer does not want an average experience at an average price. The consumer wants awesome, magical experiences and is prepared to save up, omit to spend on other things, in order to pay for those experiences. There are thousands of case examples. Apple, Disney, Mercedez, Universal, blah blah blah. Why should Australia settle for average? There is a huge void here in quality currently. Quality also does not mean spending billions to achieve btw before people say the market cannot sustain big investments in Oz.
  15. Yesterday
  16. Skeeta

The numbers are a bit skewered.
  17. Skeeta

Dreamworlds new pricing

You call it a discount @Mark Shaw. I call it a pricing correction and the prices are still too high.
  18. jjuttp

The Off Topic Topic

It was what replaced the Draculas walkthrough.
  19. Mark Shaw

Dreamworlds new pricing

This is what's known as a "buying your way" into a market as distinct from "earning your way" into a market. I prefer the latter strategy. The latter strategy takes effort, balls, and drive. Discounting, how easy is that? It's like cost-cutting to drive short term profits. My 10-year-old could probably pull that strategy off.
  20. Mark Shaw

Mark Shaw's 2017 CEO Sleepout fundraiser

Thanks heaps Iwerks. Very generous donation tonight to get me kick started. I actually spent Easter Monday evening volunteering with the Vinnies "Vannies" volunteers, making sure the homeless of Collingwood won't go hungry tonight. It was humbling and I was completely taken aback at how chipper and upbeat these unfortunate people were and how thankful, appreciative and polite, despite living in conditions most of us would think inconceivable. Even the smallest donations add up. Thank you.
  21. It's that time of year again. https://www.ceosleepout.org.au/fundraisers/mark-shaw/?fbclid=IwAR2AoIuewvCEsZ5nTwYjPBT5OtXoejNqO2K4wy0BBuDrwlsN5pf_hJmwSEc
  22. If it's never gonna open, they might as well get rid of what's left. It's just a waste of space.
  23. pin142

Wipeout Removal

The park maps being handed out still have Wipeout on them and Sky Voyager listed as a new open attraction so the job ad is about as accurate.
  24. I have memories from age 4 and earlier. We've already made the decision not to take him to the states to do Fl and Ca until he's a bit older, but i'm comfortable he'll enjoy the experience, and remember the trip well enough.
  25. Aren't the Matterhorn Bobsleds technically classed as 'built in-house' ? I mean, I know Arrow are joint collaborators with WED, but it was also Arrow's first coaster, and Disney bought Arrow in 1960 - a year after Matterhorn opened... Sure, they'd contributed to several of the early Disneyland attractions, but it was still a relatively unknown manufacturer, who had never built a coaster before... So, while I agree with you that you don't find them often, I really need to disagree with you regarding Cannibal being the first - 56 years after Matterhorn opened.
  26. AlexB

Wipeout Removal

More likely, someone took the same copy-and-paste spiel they always use and didn't bother to proof read it to ensure it was up to date...
  27. Gold Coast Amusement Force

Dreamworlds new pricing

They aren’t. This deal has been done before and now that cosentino is gone, sv isn’t open and wipeouts gone it’s neccesary.
  28. Archer

Dreamworlds new pricing

So why does DW need to go even cheaper on their passes?
  1. Load more activity