All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Jdude95

Dreamworld Maintenance 2019

STOP MAKING SENSE!
  3. Jdude95

The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

Maybe that's why there's problems with the building. They gave you the Sydney paperwork and sent you to Adelaide?
  4. Today
  5. Skeeta

@StingRay I have no idea what you are talking about.
  6. Yesterday
  7. FoolishMortal999

Fright Nights 2019

Going back to the maze located in Intencity, what if it's Halloween (2018)?
  8. StingRay

So much cheaper to close a tower during the winter period. Also makes it easier to perform fiberglass repairs and fix joint issues up. Sure be annoyed that both water parks are somewhat closed. But it's much safer to do so now instead of during peak period thats for sure.
  9. pushbutton

Just be glad we're lucky enough to live in the Gold Coast, where waterparks can be open all year round. That's just not possible in literally most parts of the world! So what if some of the slides are undergoing maintenance during the quiet period? All the slides that are open have little or no queue. It's awesome!
  10. AlexB

Movie World Maintenance 2019

Yes, Push has been quiet lately...
  11. AlexB

New Helicopter Centre Coming to Sea World

Yeah, but about what exactly? He's right about so many things...
  12. AlexB

It was three degrees this morning. It's winter. By all accounts from people, the park is dead. The tower needs maintenance. The rides need maintenance. What really buggers me off is clueless individuals that stomp their feet and throw a tantrum because what they want isn't available NOW, and it must have been done just to annoy them personally. I suppose you'd prefer them to close it in December-January?
  13. pushbutton

Oh. Must have been me doing the checks on behalf of the council then I guess! It's all very well getting a work experience kid to do critical construction site safety checks, but I think they overstepped the mark a little bit by getting me to do those checks in Adelaide, when the construction site is in Sydney!
  14. Jdude95

There's your problem
  15. StingRay

One set of apartment are around 20 years old tho that have recently suffered an issue.....
  16. pushbutton

That incident I described was at least 20 years ago, so unfortunately I can't take the blame for the Sydney issues. Maybe try asking Donald Trump.
  17. pin142

You haven't been around any apartment buildings in Sydney of late?
  18. Rivals

Because it is winter, which is the season when they do all the maintenance on the water slides
  19. themagician

Because they are doing maintenance on the tower itself and currently the wedgie and green room too
  20. themeparkaddict

Why does DW think it's ok to have the green room, hydrocoaster, rip and wedgie closed all at once. Really buggers me off.
  21. pushbutton

Outback Spectacular "Heartland"

Hmm. Not if you're a member of RACQ! Oh, but the cheapest way is nearly always to get your ticket at one of the theme parks! or at least that's what I was recently told by the lady working at the ticket booth in Movie World, and she did sell me tickets for less than I could have got them on the RACQ site. Think it was something like $80 each from memory. I think it's about $89 on RACQ.
  22. themagician

Outback Spectacular "Heartland"

Adult tickets have dropped in price. General is now $100 and Top Rail is $130 https://themeparks.com.au/buy?type=australian-outback-spectacular&sort=popular&layout=3
  23. pushbutton

I did work experience with an inspector from a council building department. We went on several site inspections. He showed me a few basic techniques to some of the checks he usually does at sites. Then at one site he just went to a nearby shop and told me "You can do this one!" and I did. When he got back he just said "So everything's good?" I said yes, and he signed off the inspection. I guess he let the work experience kid be in charge for that one! I was basically checking the ground was level witha theodolite. Hope the building didn’t collapse! 😐
  24. StingRay

Good to know park management was onsite today. Can't always let the work experience kid be in charge.
  25. themagician

The Off Topic Topic

PJ Party is back at MW Gather your friends and join us for the biggest Pyjama Party in 2019. Friday 16 August 2019. 6:30pm – 10:00pm Help support children in foster care and experience the wonder of Warner Bros. Movie World by night in the comfort of your PJ’s. Experience some of your favourite rides and attractions with live entertainment including DJ, face painting, prizes & much more! Ticket Prices Until 1st August: $30.00 per person From 1st August: $35.00 per person At The Front Gate: $45.00 per person https://movieworld.com.au/seasonal-events/pyjama-party
  1. Load more activity