All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. New construction wall art has been put up (currently behind the Flash construction wall) The rainbow arches seen in the concept art are now off site (Paradise Country road, bad photo and look better in person) Jaggs also posted a couple of aerial shots in his latest update
  3. You can’t take phones onto ride, so there aren’t any photos from that view. I believe @Ogre has shared some either on here or in his videos on YouTube
  4. Maybe they could make it look like a curvy Artdeco façade. The curves are already there. It would require a few extra add ons. If I have some spare time I'll try to draw something up
  5. So, it's complained about frequently (and rightly so). So what are people's 'slap of paint and a new sign' level treatments for the Sky Voyager facade, to better suit the Main St theme? No big budget. I've tried to come up with an idea, but got nothing. Aside from the stark white needs to go.
  6. SV changes are for than a facade. The whole queue would have to change.
  7. Looks great. One day they'll have some capex to redo the Sky Voyager facade and there will be much rejoicing from enthusiasts.
  8. Yes, but the second half of the coaster is mainly just landscaping and going over the lake. You are right about the queue and first half though.
  9. @TBoy you do realise Velocicoaster is more than just good landscaping? It's has a very well themed queue, animatronics, lighting/sound/smoke effects, a very extensive amount of handcrafted rockwork and all the other general theming to give the impression the coaster is inside a raptor enclosure.
  10. I prefer coasters with custom layouts and good landscaping like Velocicoaster. You don't need a big massive mountain; just make the area around the ride look good with trees and gardens. Extra points for themed stations.
  11. Yesterday
  12. I pick option four, custom layout and great theming. But it really comes down to a lot of different factors. Moto coaster is a custom layout, but it isn’t an enjoyable ride and if it had good theming, I’d still say ‘that coasters theming is great, but the ride itself isn’t enjoyable and therefore I’m not going to ride it for the theming’. If Steel Taipan and DC Rivals had an indoor queue and preshow before the launch/lift hill then that would definitely make those coasters even better. Which is exactly what Superman Escape did and that’s part of what makes that attraction so great. But in the case of DC Rivals, I’d rather have it how it is because it’s a great layout, than them remove a quarter/half of the layout and use that budget to add some theming/pre show to the ride. For Jungle Rush, hypothetically if this layout doesn’t turn out to be good, but it’s comfortable to ride and the theming is amazing, then yes I probably would be inclined to ride it more because of its immersion and story. And if the layout is enjoyable (which it think it will be), then that’s a bonus. TNT at Gumbuya World is a standard layout and the theming has been done pretty well, but if you took it away the coaster experience is still the same, it just makes the queue boring and lacking. So like @DaptoFunlandGuy I too can’t decide on an answer because there are so many variables to consider when trying to decide.
  13. I don't think either is 'better'. it depends on what it does, what market it is targeted at, etc. There's no option for this, so I can't place a vote. Storm sucks, ST is pretty decent. DCR is good. Each ride has to be considered on its merits and there is no 'one' formula that is 'better' than the other.
  14. Not sure if this has been coved elsewhere but the Main Street emporium had a color change and new sign put up
  15. In my personal opinion there's always more buzz around a custom layout coaster. (Jungle rush has way more buzz than WoO though that has great themeing so maybe that's part of the reason) but for most people who don't know rides are clones maybe the answer is different? Have no idea which option is more beneficial to parks. But I prefer option 2 though maybe option 3
  16. No idea personally, but I noticed it on our last visit too. TV's were new as well. Was good to see.
  17. I think the system @yaark mentioned could be pretty complicated and confusing for guests. But I agree that there should be off peak and on peak pricing. And one pass discounts. Would be a good incentive to go the pro pass over the lite pass if it was a pro pass only benefit.
  18. Good question thanks. I'll make this the next poll so save your answers till then Speaking of cooling systems. I was at MW the other day and noticed there was AC in supermans queue. Usually it's really hot in there but it was actually really nice. Was the AC system always there but never turned on or is this new?
  19. Shade and decent fans > misters Steel Taipan nails it every time on an effing hot humid day without the need for misters
  20. I'm not sure your suggestion is workable, but they'd almost certainly make more money with some sort of dynamic pricing model. If the row isn't occupied 80% of the time the park is charging too much, there's no profit to be made on empty seats!
  21. I never have my phone on me in the ST queue, but if I choose to buy a spinning seat, having my wallet accessible in my smartwatch has always worked. Plus loose items aren't prohibited like superman and guests routinely carry their wallets and phones onto the station for DCR and ST. In the case of SE, if you're selling fast track, the greeter can always sell it at the gate prior to sending you to a locker, and just hand you a lanyard, token, wristband or other proof of purchase to use the FT queue if that's your concern.
  22. That would just create a ridiculous shit storm, and i'd hate to be the ride attendant telling someone hey i know the guy before you got these seats for $10 each, but you have to pay $20, unless you go back and wait for 9 more people to purchase. Way too convoluted
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.