All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. the movie is from 1939. Thought its an attraction for a 100 year anniversary
  3. This is what happens when you get the janitor to design the theming. Maybe MW believe the handrail will stop little Jonny telling us who he loves on the wall.
  4. In case you fall over from shock of how amazing the theming in the tunnel is?
  5. Yesterday
  6. I can confirm that Greg and most of the upper management in the park were very good leaders and some of them actually personally trained me when I worked for Movie World. Basically when Greg left, he took the good ones with him and left some of the others behind haha. I do remember one day when I was working, getting a bit of a shock when I looked up at the Superman control room to see Greg in the operators seat haha. And I know people that currently work for Dreamworld, and that same culture from what I have heard is very much alive in the park. Honestly from an employee standpoint, 2006 - 2014 really was some of the peak years for staff in regards to how they were treated.
  7. Only need to follow local journos and radio hosts on socials to see them out and about at SW Resort, TG etc - often with or tagging and thanking high ranking VTP employees. I'm sure they'll call it friendship, but its friendship that comes with perks and understanding. It's not illegal, its smart business if you want favourable media - but that doesn't mean DW deserve to be drilled regularly for not following suit.
  8. It's a reminder to all parks, not to put money first over people's safety. Not just DW. I wouldn't be making those allegations publicly, but I want to keep my house.
  9. It was unique, fun, memorable (at least when it did what it was supposed to in terms of height reach and speed) but it no way was its overall experience greater than that of Rivals or ST.
  10. The people who failed are no longer there. The people running the joint now are the most scrutinized or any theme park in the country, and don't deserve to be continually tarnished by the same brush their predecessors rightfully were. VTP largely gets free reign by the GC media because they wine and dine anyone and everyone from local paper, radio stations etc constantly. It's funny how just a couple of days out of from peak easter holidays, we get a rush on "Don't forget DW killed people" articles. In a couple of weeks we'll no doubt get a front page headline about how great The Flash Ride is too Yeah, and maybe i chose the wrong article of the 3 to be critical of. In isolation, its a worthy article, but on the back of 2 others by the same media organisation in the preceding 24-48 hours - thats planned.
  11. I can see where you're coming from Brad, but Mr Dorsett's mother, Mr Hanson and Mr Haber have all willingly spoken to the media about this. The former has taken this as an opportunity to honour her son's legacy. I don't think we should be speaking on behalf of the bystanders, the victims or their families. There is an interesting dichotomy in these situations where a preventable tragedy occurs; we want those affected to be able to move on with their lives, but importantly we still need to acknowledge the failings and hold the appropriate parties to account. As for the media's role, yeah sure, we all know they profit off clicks, but at the very least these recognitions of bravery were newsworthy and the article is not the typical clickbait shitpost the media usually loves to capitalise on.
  12. I think DW being reminded how badly they failed, keeps the pressure on DW from going back there. Makes me feel safer going to DW. If it’s forgotten and never talked about, DW have less reasons to keep me safe.
  13. Given how many of the VR leadership followed Greg to DW, i'm not sure how much trickling would be necessary! But agree, regardless of what the guy was or was not responsible for at Village, his people skills far exceed others in similar positions.
  14. The ride system itself was a great experience, however much of it was driven by parks and manufacturers to be the record breakers, and the experience itself, while thrilling, lacked a certain something. Couple that with the fact that it essentially detroyed the landscape of the park, carving it neatly in two, disrupting routes between various parts of the park, and interrupting the 'escape' of a theme park periodically with punctuated launches (not to mention the siren prior to each launch). It was a great thing to ride, but i'm glad it is gone. As soon as the park can rid itself of the remaining infrastructure, or repurpose it for other attraction uses, the better.
  15. Honestly, I don't know but I would put in my garage It's really an impulse buy. I just wish it was still open I still think it was better than DC Rivals and ST. No ride gives me that adrenaline rush as well. What would you do if you had it @New display name?
  16. idk if news articles kept bringing up my traumatic experience from 8 years ago in order to get a couple dollars i wouldn’t be very happy.
  17. From my past experience I have no doubt this would be the case. I know that back in Greg's leadership days at Village he would personally meet with team members from all departments who would receive positive guest feedback to thank them and also take the time to get to know a little bit about the individual. I'm sure this kind of approach would have trickled down to the current day leadership at DW.
  18. Does anyone know if Dreamworld sold the Tower of terror car or was it just scrapped? If I was rich enough, I would have loved to buy it if they sold it lol.
  19. You don't think it's good to recognise people, for doing great things in the worst of times @Brad2912because that is what I got from the article?
  20. That is the least of your problems to turn it into a legal granny flat.
  21. Last week
  22. from what i’ve heard they are recognised and treated very well, makes sense why all the staff seem like they actually want to be there.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.