All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Has anyone here visited theme parks in China and know what the go is for there coaster operations when it’s raining? I leave next week and am looking at going to happy valley and chimelong in Guangzhou but the weather isn’t looking good so if anyone has been to these when it’s been raining I’d love your input.
  3. great response. 5/5. good man. 0/Sarcasm. We often agree on things quite a bit. it's just a ratings grab.
  4. It really isn't 🤣👀 I just always see you 2 arguing about something. I was trying to lighten the mood but clearly I didn't word it very well. All I meant was from time to time people make mistakes writing this was mine. Pretty much I just don't give a fuck. Can we just get back to the topic.
  5. Don't worry, I get it. Reading isn't your strong point.
  6. Don't worry Brad @New display name is doing this because he always gets called out for bs leaving @DaptoFunlandGuy to pick up his pieces of bs. everyone makes mistakes and what you said really wasn't that bad people just need to move on.
  7. Meh… I made an innocent mistake, I apologised genuinely and sincerely and people on here want to carry on like they’ve never made a mistake in their lives. If stacking on me makes people feel better about themselves, stack away.
  8. They were actually sent to me by a mate in a WhatsApp chat asking if I’d seen the lights. Again, had no context so I wasn’t aware for why.
  9. as opposed to some post saying how 'oh its Dreamworld, clearly this is an awful idea and they are going to make it look terrible. Just to be clear, i've only made comments about the sign as I hadn't seen the nighttime photos. I liked it (the sign), I said it would look great during the night events, but noted they aren't as often as we ALL would like (as we'd all love extended trade all year, when lighting packages really do show off their best side). We have seen examples at MW of a lack of maintenance once a product isn't new. That's not village bashing, its par for the gold coast theme parks course. I've called out the same issues with maintenance at Dreamworld when I've seen them too. (Theres still at least one LED on the Dreamworld Flyer that is misfiring - looks like a dead red channel) I'm just expressing concern that if it breaks it won't be returned to the same standard and there is a precedent of that to point to in support of that argument. I summarised by saying that I *hope* it is maintained well. I finished by commenting that the chase sequence wasn't to my personal taste, and i'd have liked if they'd done it differently which is entirely opinion. This is a parents facility. not a sensory refuge. Baby changing areas, breastfeeding cubicles, nappy bins and microwaves. Putting Marvin right next to it (when it's operating) doesn't make it a refuge either - theres no escape from the sound. The two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. they're providing recognition while marketing their new investment. Should a park only focus on making the best guest experience, but fail because they didn't market the park to anyone?
  10. Improve guest experience > market lighting package.
  11. I also missed it. Any chance you can dumb down your point so a simpleton like me can understand?
  12. Yesterday
  13. Yet another blatantly obvious example of missing my point.
  14. Didn't they do a calming area where Taz's dodgems used to be? And they have a sensory guide: https://movieworld.com.au//-/media/project/movieworld/files/safety-and-accessibility-guide/wbmw2301017-attraction-sensory-guide-2023.pdf And they do offer a queue proxy service for people unable to stand in line.
  15. Some great advice shared already, outside of Disney/Universal I'd recommend adding at least one or two smaller parks. In Tokyo: - Yomiuriland has some wonderfully unique attractions (noodle cup rapids is my personal favourite) - Tokyo Dome City has the excellent Steel Dolphin - Hanayashiki is peak "weird Japan park" None of these would necessarily use a full day either. There's also Fuji-Q with its infamously slow operations, I would try to combine this with a visit to Mount Fuji if you're going to bother. A day trip from Tokyo is possible but personally next time I'll be trying to spend at least one night up there. Other random parks to consider: - Nagashima Spa Land, Japan's answer to Cedar Point - Greenland, quite big with a healthy dose of oddball, weird and interesting rides - Parque Espana, takes some getting to but well worth the effort. You may even end up as "King of the Parade" (as happened to my friend, hilarious!) - Suzuka Circuit, with the famous "scream and it goes faster" coaster - Nasu Highland, with a spaghetti bowl of coasters straight out of Rollercoaster Tycoon
  16. Trying to stay on topic but Dreamworld does have an Autism day which seems a bit more genuine. The good news is that The Flash has a night time lighting package and I think that is good. While it's a recycled ride at least we're getting a decent sign and some lighting. I know it's not a huge amount of effort but it's more than would have previously been done.
  17. Though it’ll probably just be labelled as ‘Mindless Village hate’, it’s very much just a PR move. It’s not actually implementing anything to improve people with ASD’s experience at the parks, nor is it bringing to light anything they may already have/are working on implementing. It’s the theme park equivalent of changing your profile picture to a Pride flag for a month. If they genuinely want to do something for Autism Awareness, they should actually make changes for people who have ASD.
  18. Yeah but If you were sharing the pics, how did you download them in the first place without seeing them in the context of the parks original post?
  19. Its good they are doing it but its just for good pr for the parks otherwise they wouldn't do it.
  20. We are planning a trip this year and the one thing we have learned is that you need to plan and research a LOT. I'm hearing you about it not being a park trip, so while it'll be hard for most folk here to not fall back to 'do this park too!' i'll try and balance things out a bit... First, a couple of things to echo - if you do Disney, DisneySea should be the priority. You should still spend 2 days there minimum, but if you only have one, spend it at Sea. We have 3 weeks, and we've already put down 2 days in each park. But don't not go just because people have said you need more time there. A little time is enough to show you if those people were right, and whether you want to go back again later for a better experience. Be prepared to be flexible. A lot of things sell out early (including express passes) and in Disney's case - vacation package guests, and then hotel guests, get first dibs on pretty much everything. A lot can be sold out so have alternative options if something isn't available. Know the dates things are made available - As an example, Universal passes are dropped around 2 months out. Disney usually drops hotels & vacation packages 3 months out, but in our case they dropped the packages early due to the opening of fantasy springs. This sort of thing drops at a set time of day, and some of the websites drop from too much traffic \ place you in a queue. (We waited in the queue for 11 hours to secure a Fantasy Springs package, but that's not the average experience). Even experiences like Shibuya Sky, some of the Team Lab experiences drop tickets a certain time out, and there is a rush to get all the best spots early. You might still find tickets closer to the day, but they may not be at an ideal time and you'll find yourself compromising things if you haven't planned. ESPECIALLY because you're planning to go in Sakura season - you should get a good idea of your itinerary NOW and so that you're ready to book accommodations as soon as they're available for your dates (usually 12 months out). You'll also want to be researching all of the attractions you want to do, though with two years before you go there are going to be plenty of changes in that time, so again, be flexible) Transport. iPhones these days can add an IC card like Suica for general public transport. If you're doing a lot of back and forth between cities, consider whether the JR pass will work, but note that it had a huge price increase last year and you really have to do a lot of long distance shinkansen to make it worthwhile. We're hitting Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Nara, Nagoya, Hakone and then back to Tokyo, so for us it works - but if you're just hitting the golden triangle, (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto) it generally isn't worth it. Many of our stops don't include parks, so may be closer to the itinerary you're looking for. Youtube is your best friend. The amount of things we've found, learned and researched by watching youtube is mind blowing. There is so much to learn, and we're still making tweaks to our itinerary based on updated info from the latest videos. We've watched a lot of different channels, but the ones that ended up in our subs were: For the bigger parks, TDR Explorer is really informative. For getting around (especially as a family), Kensho Quest has been really good For just seeing what a place \ attraction looks like without much waffle, channels like ITSUKA JAPAN provide walkthroughs Americans documenting their travels (which is great as you learn lessons from them as a result) check out Ordinary Adventures or Tales from our Pocket Hints and tips about everything japan from a local guy starting his own tour guide \ travel company - HARBLIFE Hints and tips about everything japan from a local - TOKYO KENCHAN Hints and tips about everything japan from an american guy who does travel videos everywhere - YELLOW PRODUCTIONS Good japanese advice from a westerner (UK) living and working in japan (but mixed in with silly video collaborations made with friends - Abroad in Japan (he's also written several books under the same name)
  21. Imo disneysea over Disney land if you can only do 1. Tokyo tower is amazing, Shinjuku is a nice city, Akiharbara is cool to see, plus we did a heap of tours to, Mt Fuji tour and to see the nuclear bomb museum was an eye opener. We are going again in 2025.
  22. I agree...this is pretty much a waste of time - was in Tokyo in early march and did a day each at Disneyland and DisneySEA - but it was my third visit over the last 15 years...and even then I wish I had time for at least 1 more day at Disneysea. Reports on crowds from Aprils this year are that the first week after Japanese school holidays in April is one to the quietest times of year to go - if you there - April/May check the Calendar to avoid school holidays and golden week and you should be ok. June/July is the wet season - April/May weather is much more favourable. Haven't done universal since 2015 - so SML is new...But all those rides on your list have their pros if you haven't been before - but getting in the park at opening to do some big ridea before lines build, then working through your express pass rides could be a viable way to hit most/all of your list. Universal is Great - But DisneySEA is a must do IMO. We also did Teamlab Borderless which was great, Harry Potter Studio Tour was well worthwhile also.
  23. 1 day combined at Disney is a waste of time. there is also no park hopper tickets in Japan so you’d be paying 2 separate full day entries re: USJ There is a long time before you go, the express pass offerings and even available rides will change so impossible to judge now
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.