All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. pushbutton

Is this Ekka ride dangerous?

Aren't most posts in Parkz forum sarcastic like mine above?
  3. Slick

1) No low-hanging over-heads. 2) The rear head-rest is used by most manufacturers now to essentially catch riders should they not be following the guidelines and choose to stand. I get your point though, something something Dreamworld.
  4. Rivals

Damn, You really felt the need to do this
  5. I visited EKKA today, and was very shocked to see this ride. Of all the unbelievable stupidity, they completely failed to make any attempt to put cages on the log ride! No seat belts either. No lapbars. Absolutely nothing at all to prevent horrific accidents. I wonder how many there was this week. I will not be going to the EKKA again.
  6. Yesterday
  7. themagician

Movie World Maintenance 2019

WWF now has a reopening date
  8. iwerks

2019 Construction at Outback Splash

@Tim Dasco and I did visit Outback Splash last weekend. The staircase up the new slide tower is pretty much complete. The roof has been finished on the ground next to the tower, awaiting a crane to lift it to the top. The structure is being readied for all of the different ride elements and different pieces of tube have been attached together on the ground. Painting on the old water playground has started (with a vibrant red in the process of being applied to the handrails and other parts. The Iguana Cafe is now The Burger Bar, replete with theming and signage. The season pass entrance now has a gate and a roof. There’s been a bit of painting of handrails out the front too.
  9. iwerks

Adventure World 2018- improvements

Inferno was up and testing, today. The new paint job looks good, although they haven’t replaced the scrim and signage down the bottom yet. Unlike, Outback Splash, Kahuna Falls doesn’t appear to be getting a new paint job and looks pretty faded. It looks to be quiet around most of the areas. I could see a cherry picker front and centre (probably work on rail rider) and a ladder up near the kiddie coaster/ yarlii’s barrel spin.
  10. Slick

Dreamworld Maintenance 2019

With or without the hair?
  11. Baconjack

Kids area needs a refurb. Give it all a new coat of paint and some theming updates with the same IP in mind. They havent added all that much in 20 years. It all looks so old now, in desperate need of a refresh.
  12. MickeyD

I wish they would remove that facade to the right. It conceals the Alleyway thoroughfare and removing that part of the facade would open up the area and balance crowd flow.
  13. Whombex

Dreamworld Maintenance 2019

What was your height restriction, @Slick?
  14. themagician

Here I was thinking they were going to refurbish the right side of Gotham Hall, but it doesn’t seem like they will be. Personally I think they should have continue the look because now it looks out of place
  15. Spotty

AMEN! The only ride that I think was worse was either Taz Cars or Sam Train (those damn ropes gave you rope burn... and it was a cow to park when it was fully loaded and the extra carriage on it)
  16. Jobe

Dreamworld Update - 3rd of August

Thanks mate. You are a drop of sanity amidst an ocean of insanity!!! Lets hope these actually pan out and we see Dreamworld move forward in a positive way.
  17. Last week
  18. T-bone

Dreamworld Update - 3rd of August

We popped into Dreamworld yesterday and Blue Lagoon is still standing. What I found interesting is that there were quite a lot of new construction pegs/ flags around the train shed, and the embankments around the train track in that area. Whilst not the first time construction pegs have appeared and then nothing eventuates, something tells me that something might actually come from these ones..
  19. Gazza

2020 international ride announcements

Its kind of B&Ms wierd solution to running 3 trains. Instead of an MCBR they have the flat elevated brake then a long slow sloping block.
  20. AlexB

Tower of Terror 2 possible closing

Oh come on @pushbutton... that's my line! Can't you try something more @Original?
  21. pushbutton

Oh sod off
  22. Skeeta

Or 4 curly wurlies would knock off some speed @AlexB.
  23. AlexB

Seems a bit ridiculous doesn't it? All that potential energy gone to waste, simply to make it taller.
  24. Baconjack

The new giga for Kings Island just got announced. FYI. The brake run on this coaster is taller than anything at Alton Towers.
  25. AlexB

My thanks to @Original for my 4000th rep count. My thanks to @pushbutton for the material to work with. It wouldn't have been possible without you.
  26. FoolishMortal999

Fright Nights 2019

It’s a dark comedy. HHN have done it a few times too with IPs like Shaun of the dead, This is the End, Ghostbusters, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Cabin in the woods, Happy Death Day, Chucky.
  27. AlexB

Looks like i'm going to Dreamworld!
  28. Naazon

Fright Nights 2019

Huh. Good on them making a Fright Maze from a comedy movie.
  1. Load more activity