Cyclone Cow

reubot

It was always very tempermental, it'd be there one week, gone the next, then back a few weeks later. The problem as I saw it, stemmed from the cables/wires they used to hold it up. I don't think they ever found a suitable and easy way to hold it up. When the ride first opened, they had a simple cable going from one side of the building to the other, with the cow hanging down from another cable on that. This was before they had the shaded roof and accompanying support structure. They built the shade cloth in January 2002, and tried a variety of different cables and wires to hold it up. Every other week they'd have something different, or the current one would be barely holding itself together (cables freying etc.). Some time later last year, they took it down, and I haven't seen it since. What the situation is at the moment, I don't know - it's been a while since I was there.

• 2 months later...

o thats harsh I have feelings you know :twisted: Now what Ive heard is the reason we have so many sheep is because with give the gentle care. unlike you aussies who just pull ya pants down and surpise those Kangaroo's why do you think they have learnt to hop so fast :twisted:

I've never heard any sort of comments regarding Aussies and kangaroos - that's a first for me. :D Am I the only one who's noticing a distinct Freudian element in conversations here recently? I personally think that New Zealanders are treated unfairly by Australians. You really need to know more about them before you can swing insults their way. Which is why I propose you all watch The Topp Twins on ABC tonight at 11:30pm, which will give you greater and understanding of true NZers.

Richo, you really need to be one or related to one before you can fully understand the TRUE NZ Culture. In a news flash the NZ government has changed the national anthem to "I STILL CALL AUSTRALIA HOME". And the roo's learnt to move so fast watching the kiwi sheep imported to Australia, same as the Kiwi horses! :twisted:

If you do watch Topp Twins, you'll see that I wasn't exactly serious about that comment. And while you're on ABC, be sure to tune in at 10:25 tonight, for The Glass House - in my opinion one of the funniest shows on TV at the moment (though the new Shaun Micallef show, though not quite holding up to his old show, comes close).

• 1 month later...