What roller coaster type would you most want to see open in Australia?

HyprCoastr19

My first choice would probably be an RMC Hybrid. Don't think I need to explain why. After that a Stratacoaster or Gigacoaster would be awesome to have on the country's coaster line up and will put us back on the height records list (since after the closure of Tower of Terror we don't have any truly massively tall coasters). What would your pick be?

I wouldn’t want to see a giga or strata built here unless it had something entirely unique feature wise. I see no point in just making a taller version for the sake of hitting a height target to make it his a classification level. 

we’ve got DC Rivals, which was unique as our first massive full circuit coaster, but it has unique features like the NIL and the backwards seats (at least unique Australia wise). For the investment required just to say “we’re taller”, I think it could be spent far better 

I'm just gonna keep it simple and say a flyer. The ride experience is unique enough to anything else in the country that it would be worth travelling to experience it. Putting aside the enthusiast element, the general public aren't going to recognise much of a difference in one sit-down ride to another, except if it goes upside down or not - but a flyer - you can tell straight away how different it is to anything else we already have.

• Like 4
  • Love it! 1

Also agree. Otherwise a 4D like Eejanaika would be cool and has that obvious "different" look to other coasters.

The only way a Strata or Giga would put us on the map is if it was more than just a Up down and back coaster and has additional elements, but that would cost way too much for our parks.

Edited by Naazon

The main boxes I'd like to tick.

-RMC (Enough said)

-B&M Wing Rider or Dive Machine or Flyer (Their other models except for the Invert are too pedestrian, but these three are very unique, graceful and have wide guest appeal) 

Wing Rider because the train looks so unique and the inversions and near misses are cool.

Dive machine for similar reasons, but it would need to be the 7 seat version like the one at SFFT

Flyer, enough said.

-S&S FreeSpin (A Full sized 4D is too expensive)

Other things I wouldn't mind at some point.

-Larger Spinning coaster from Mack or Gerstlauer (Not a Reverchon)

-A Multi dimension family coaster with drop tracks, turntables, reverse sections etc.

-One of the newer Vekoma loopers.

Previously I would have said an RMC Raptor, but we're getting Big Dipper and I think that'll be a more polished ride.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, New display name said:

I'm surprised nobody wants a Roller Skeeta Coaster.

A invert moves further up the list now AA is gone.  

Although we know there's a huge difference between an Invert and an SLC, they look 'the same' to normies, and just like people mistook Vortex for Wipeout in a new spot, I feel like a B&M invert would be seen by folk as 'lethal\arkham'.

I think though that a Flyer would be perceived by most as 'next level invert' - A flyer looks 'the same' in station until it moves into the 'flying' position, so identifiably different, but familiar enough most people wouldn't shit themselves looking at it.

1 minute ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Although we know there's a huge difference between an Invert and an SLC, they look 'the same' to normies, and just like people mistook Vortex for Wipeout in a new spot, I feel like a B&M invert would be seen by folk as 'lethal\arkham'.

I think though that a Flyer would be perceived by most as 'next level invert' - A flyer looks 'the same' in station until it moves into the 'flying' position, so identifiably different, but familiar enough most people wouldn't shit themselves looking at it.

If the load station is in a visible area too there is heaps of hype when the seats flip.

2 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

That's why I never thought it would be a good idea for an Invert B&M while AA was around. 

The Vortex for Wipeout is probably what SW was playing on.  I could see people going to SW thinking they were going to ride a new Waikiki Wave Super Flip only to be confronted with a Topspin.

I didn't say an Invert was my number 1,  it has just moved up the list.

I am going to throw my 2 bits in here.

100% agree that the Flyer would make probably the biggest impact. These are fairly rare credits overseas in any case and to have one here in Australia would be an absolute game changer.

I think we are all thinking B&M here but what would people think if we had the new Vekoma Flyer? Not sure of the cost difference but this might be an easier way for our parks to gain a flyer? FLY at Phantasialand looks fantastic but part of that is the incredible theming which an installation here is not going to have. If it proves economically cheaper then perhaps that would prove the more feasible option.

B&M Wing Coaster- again I think this would have a greater visual just like a flyer- its uniqueness would be a huge selling point.

Dive Coaster- Not my personal favourite -I find them a bit of a one trick pony- but I get that the public would be enraptured by one and they provide such a strong visual aesthetic. Definitely would be a good option.

Inverted Coaster- this provides the similar connundrum as to the flyer model- which to choose between a B&M or a new Vekoma Suspended Thrill model. Personally I would love to see a B&M invert here- Montu at Busch Gardens Tampa remains one of my favourite coasters of all time- however, once again if it came down to economics, then the new Vekoma models do look the goods. 

RMC-I think that a ground built new RMC should be on the cards as Dreamworld's next major coaster. One of our parks should get one in the coming years. Their installations have been almost universally praised and any park that recieved one would indelibly stamp their presence on the world stage.

I think a large Spinning coaster from either Mack, Gerstlauer would be an excellent addition to any of our parks and would fill a need for a coaster that still has plenty of thrills but would also be a great family ride. I am not putting into this category the Mack extreme spinner- I feel that would be better served as a thrill offering than what the other spinners would do. One of them would definitely be an excellent addition though.

Other than Scooby, we really do not have a decent indoor coaster and I think if the parks could fit one in, it would be met with positiveness from the public- think something like The Mummy or Escape from Gringotts from Universal.

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

Previously I would have said an RMC Raptor, but we're getting Big Dipper and I think that'll be a more polished ride.

Absolutely the same for me. I dont wish to see an RMC Raptor now we are getting Big Dipper but my reasons are a little more selfish- I enjoy the excluvisity of LPS having the only single rail In Australia. Interesting that you think it will be a more polished ride than a Raptor- on what criteria do you think that this will be the case?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daedra said:

The new Intamin mega coaster (I think that's what they're called (velocicoaster)) would be insane to have here! 

They officially have the catchy name "Intamin LSM Launch Coaster", but both of the ones I've ridden have been incredible though I worry GP would just see it as "Steel Taipan again" depending on the layout they went for, even something like Maverick may be seen as too close to Jet Rescue (Even though they ride completely differently)

1 minute ago, MrLukeCarroll said:

I worry GP would just see it as "Steel Taipan again"

I would hope not. if they just ctrl + C ctrl + V Velocicoaster I do think the GP would turn up for that one!

plus we're yet to see the GP's first reaction to Orange Snek. might be possible that DW gets a great summer holiday attendance (Granting Covid behaves itself) 

1 minute ago, Daedra said:

I would hope not. if they just ctrl + C ctrl + V Velocicoaster I do think the GP would turn up for that one!

plus we're yet to see the GP's first reaction to Orange Snek. might be possible that DW gets a great summer holiday attendance (Granting Covid behaves itself) 

Yeah a unique one would be incredible, I just worry they'd go to the Intamin website, go to LSM Coaster and hit add to cart on something like this rather than paying for the custom layout :PIntamin Sample Layout LSM Triple Launch Roller Coaster

44 minutes ago, MrLukeCarroll said:

Yeah a unique one would be incredible, I just worry they'd go to the Intamin website, go to LSM Coaster and hit add to cart on something like this rather than paying for the custom layout :PIntamin Sample Layout LSM Triple Launch Roller Coaster

Diet Steel Taipan.

But yeah, Australia has had several launch coasters built in the past few years (And 2 new ones this year haha), and there's not a whole lot else they can do other than having a better layout (But i can tell you now everyone will love Steel Taipan)

We need other stuff.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 2