What roller coaster type would you most want to see open in Australia?

HyprCoastr19

15 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I wouldn’t want to see a giga or strata built here unless it had something entirely unique feature wise. I see no point in just making a taller version for the sake of hitting a height target to make it his a classification level. 

we’ve got DC Rivals, which was unique as our first massive full circuit coaster, but it has unique features like the NIL and the backwards seats (at least unique Australia wise). For the investment required just to say “we’re taller”, I think it could be spent far better 

Well yeah I didn't say it has to be a clone of an existing version. 

I think DW building something like an Intamin multi dimension coaster with the drop track would be a really great investment for their next coaster. IMO thats going to be their main gap going forward, as they really lack a decent family thrill ride (something the rapids and rocky hollow once had). Plop it in the log ride's spot in a box and give it a good theme. See: Verbolten at Busch Gardens or Thirteen at Alton Towers. 2nd pick goes to a mack power splash.

MW my vote goes to a dive coaster or a flying coaster. They are crowd pleasers for a reason overseas and I think it's the most logical option when it comes to filling gaps in the lineup. I think given Village are willing to drop $30 million on DC Rivals I don't necessarily believe budget is an issue for their theme parks anymore.

Aussie World i'd love to see something like a zamperla thunderbolt in this park. Something small, low budget, yet makes a decent impact.

Adventure World needs a good family thrill coaster because they pretty much have nothing that you can't put in the 'little kids' basket and the 'scary thrill rides' basket. Perhaps a Vekoma family boomerang, or something like Boomerang at LPS?

Edited by Baconjack

RMC, without question. If not, B&M hyper.

I am happy with the single rail or the hybrids with RMC.

Since I think a single rail is more realistic we'll go with that, and what I am hoping replaces AA at Movie World.

Just the standard model like RailBlazer, WW and Stunt Pilot. The very back row is so insane it can't even be explained, honestly.

Right now I will settle for the Zamperla mine train that just closed at Ocean Park in Hong kong. Best mine train ever built (in terms of airtime and layout of the actual coaster). I am hoping beyond hope an Aussie park buys it. It's a wonderful coaster. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will S said:

RMC Hybrid! Enough said! A B&M would be nice but I think with the sort of budget any Aussie theme park has access to an RMC hybrid would be the best option.

An RMC Hybrid from scratch is as maybe out of reach also.

A conversion is anywhere from 6 to 10 million, but we don't have a wooden coaster to convert to begin with....hey, if Bush Beast was around!

That said, a topper track from scratch coaster like wildfire cost 13 million USD and Zadra cost about 16 million USD which is a from scratch Hybrid.

Intimidator was around 23M USD (Carowinds) so  yes, RMC are definitely cheaper, BUT, the big but is that B&M smaller models that aren't quite hyper can lower the cost by 5 million and they are just as good to ride. So RMC hybrid/B&M mini hyper, either are as realistic as one another IMO.

Anyway, with RMC, it has to be the more expensive Hybrid option these days. They have phased topper track out cause it gets effin rough like all woodies do - there was no magic bullet after all. In fact, Intamin Pre Fab lasts longer before getting rough.

Outlaw Run at SDC almost broke my back, it was really "bouncy".. I couldn't re ride it, as short as it was and as much as I loved it, as my back was sore after one ride and I have a bad-ish back. Goliath at great america was holding up better.

Wonder Woman fiesta texas was 7 million USD. The cost of Buzzsaw. For something 100 times as good.

Have you ridden the single rail? I am just trying to stay realistic and think for a quick fire one of a kind in OZ, the single rail would fit that bill. I keep imagining one where AA is now.. Maybe with an extra inversion or airtime hill and with costs to OZ hopefully could still be done for under 10M USD.. a very realistic proposal IMO.

8 hours ago, pazzap said:

Right now I will settle for the Zamperla mine train that just closed at Ocean Park in Hong kong. Best mine train ever built (in terms of airtime and layout of the actual coaster). I am hoping beyond hope an Aussie park buys it. It's a wonderful coaster. 

Really?? Zamperla? After you trashed them in another thread??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pazzap said:

Logistically relocating this coaster is more than likely impossible given how most of the supports are custom built to the terrain.

I found the experience to be pretty poor when I rode it a couple of years back. Really poor transitions in some portions. A mine train would be a good addition to DW as they are lacking a family coaster but i prefer an intamin multi dimension coaster as i mentioned earlier

1 hour ago, Jobe said:

Really?? Zamperla? After you trashed them in another thread??

I am putting you ignore as you are obviously going to be like a dog with a bone, so this is the final time I will acknowledge you, ever.

I bag Zamperla everywhere, badly, as I think they make the worst coasters in the world (well some of them), but I've always excepted this one.. cause it's an, UM, exception. Look up the word and its meaning :)

Goodbye troublemaking troll.

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

Logistically relocating this coaster is more than likely impossible given how most of the supports are custom built to the terrain.

I found the experience to be pretty poor when I rode it a couple of years back. Really poor transitions in some portions. A mine train would be a good addition to DW as they are lacking a family coaster but i prefer an intamin multi dimension coaster as i mentioned earlier

Yeah I realise it's impossible and the coaster supports are specific for the terrain, but I am surprised you had a bad ride on it. That said, I respect your opinion. I was literally out of my seat on both the main drops, the second one was sustained better than some hypers, and it was smooth. Maybe it aged poorly, my ride was a decade ago. Although TPW rode it a couple years back and he loved it also.. Any coaster can have a bad day, and maybe that's what you had, or maybe not. 

I was just dreaming cause I hate the fact they closed it (and quite a few more of their good rides). I have no nostalgia for their arrow looper and glad they closed that POS though LOL!

On 23/09/2021 at 4:12 PM, Baconjack said:

I think DW building something like an Intamin multi dimension coaster with the drop track would be a really great investment for their next coaster. IMO thats going to be their main gap going forward, as they really lack a decent family thrill ride (something the rapids and rocky hollow once had). Plop it in the log ride's spot in a box and give it a good theme. See: Verbolten at Busch Gardens or Thirteen at Alton Towers. 2nd pick goes to a mack power splash.

MW my vote goes to a dive coaster or a flying coaster. They are crowd pleasers for a reason overseas and I think it's the most logical option when it comes to filling gaps in the lineup. I think given Village are willing to drop $30 million on DC Rivals I don't necessarily believe budget is an issue for their theme parks anymore.

Aussie World i'd love to see something like a zamperla thunderbolt in this park. Something small, low budget, yet makes a decent impact.

Adventure World needs a good family thrill coaster because they pretty much have nothing that you can't put in the 'little kids' basket and the 'scary thrill rides' basket. Perhaps a Vekoma family boomerang, or something like Boomerang at LPS?

For me the most important thing at Dreamworld now is water rides.. they closed both.. Whitewater World having slides is a different thing, not everyone at a theme park wants to get into their bathers and do water slides.

Maybe a Mack powersplash, or an all new log flume, something like Dudley Do Right. I know they will never get a rapids ride again cause obvious reasons and it will be a reminder, but a good log flume or water coaster is what I have my fingers crossed for Dreamworld next. They already have two family coasters, please no third one.

Have you ridden Thunderbolt? They are horrible, truly. They HURT. I'd rather ride a rough woodie than those 2 things again. The way my brain rattled made me nauseous, and that's almost impossible to make me sick on a ride, but that managed it.

Edited by pazzap

21 hours ago, pazzap said:

I am putting you ignore as you are obviously going to be like a dog with a bone, so this is the final time I will acknowledge you, ever.

I bag Zamperla everywhere, badly, as I think they make the worst coasters in the world (well some of them), but I've always excepted this one.. cause it's an, UM, exception. Look up the word and its meaning :)

Goodbye troublemaking troll.

Mate if you are going to post rubbish or opinions that contradict other posts you have made expect to be called out on it. If this is your reaction then its a really immature one, given your years. 

As for calling me a troll, well that couldnt be further from the truth. I have been on these boards for a long time, longer than you in fact and my reputation speaks for itself. I am happy to listen to anyones opinion and always treat it with respect unless it is just plain incorrect. Most posters get my respect straight away and there are others who have been here for some time and who I know are quite knowledgeable and can communicate easily without resorting to plain arrogance.You have already been called out by several of these respected posters quite eloquently so I think that the term troll really sits comfortably with you at this point in time. Happy to just leave it at that.

• Like 3

Don't you think we should be able to see WHO had what reactions to our posts so we can ask them questions, for example? I mean what is improbable about a water ride at Dreamworld? I would love to know from those two that rated it that way. I also agreed that there is no way the Zamperla coaster can be brought here, so what is improbable about that? That it is improbable that it CAN'T be brought here ?, and the custom supports CAN be adjusted? what? I don't get it. Please explain what was improbable.

Or is it improbable that I am surprised someone had a bad ride on a coaster I only had good experiences on? So confusing. 🤪

Edited by pazzap
spelling, one word changed only

2 hours ago, pazzap said:

Don't you think we should be able to see WHO had what reactions to our posts

You can. Become a Parkz member and contribute to this place that brings you so much joy and fulfilment… and they’ll throw in reaction breakdowns! Join now & they’ll also throw in fancy stars next to your name that make people think you’re a moderator! 

• Thanks 2

Can Leviathan just hurry and open already? I need that thing to age and get RMCed! Jk I loveee Gravity Group! I think an Intamin Blitz would be neat… somewhere? Still holding out for the Arkham Asylum announcement on it’s replacement, that’s probably the next best coaster coming to Australia. If it’s a B&M, I will shoot through the roof. Rmc would require much more space for their magic! In my opinion anyways.

On 23/09/2021 at 5:48 PM, Naazon said:

F.L.Y doesn't take up a heap of space?

If a Vekoma flyer ends up here, shut up and take my money! Looks like such a smooth and beautiful experience in Phantasialand. European parks have the best theming for a continent as a whole. 

As for RMC, my family and I have booked a stay at Cedar Point for next year in June, fingers crossed it all goes well. Gotta ride STEVE asap! RMC is the only company of which I have never ridden one of their coasters. I’m interested in hearing some feedback here from some of their coasters if anyone has had the chance to ride them?? Especially about the restraints!

On 25/09/2021 at 8:49 PM, pazzap said:

Don't you think we should be able to see WHO had what reactions to our posts so we can ask them questions, for example? I mean what is improbable about a water ride at Dreamworld? I would love to know from those two that rated it that way.

Honestly, if you keep ignoring every person who calls you out for your attitude and responses to good natured debate, it won't matter if you can see who reacted because you will have them ignored anyway.

I despise the ignore feature as it makes conversation and discussion on the boards really disjointed. 

I've done the Ocean Park minetrain clone at Adlabs Imagicaa and it was pretty good but it's probably not a huge priority for me.

@Gtmichaels I've done a few RMCs (Are you going to SFMM when you land in LA? Twisted Colossus is great!) Trains are fine but the lap bars can make you a little sore after a lot of re-rides.

Edited by Gazza

31 minutes ago, Gazza said:

@Gtmichaels I've done a few RMCs (Are you going to SFMM when you land in LA? Twisted Colossus is great!) Trains are fine but the lap bars can make you a little sore after a lot of re-rides.

We were definitely talking about that. Twisted Colossus was the first RMC I had ever seen footage of, and it blew my mind! Yeh it does seem like the lap bars could be restrictive, especially them leg bars. I’m sure the ride 100% makes up for it with an awesome layout :)

• Like 1