Dreamworld Fun Run

gavinfulikes

DREAMWORLD FUN RUN

FROM 7AM SUNDAY 5 DECEMBER 2021

Get ready, get set and run for a fantastic cause at Dreamworld's very first Fun Run event sponsored by Choice Homes and supporting LIVIN.

You can choose from a 5km Fun Run that starts at 7am where you'll snake around both Dreamworld and WhiteWater World, or a 2km Junior Dash that starts at 8am where you'll weave through Dreamworld's themed kids precincts and you'll enjoy plenty of entertainment and excitement along the way! Your participation will support our charity partner, LIVIN and every runner will take away some freebies and a keepsake Dreamworld Fun Run finisher medal.

Registration is only $30 for children and $40 for adults, or discounted at only $20 for current Dreamworld Annual Passholders. 

After registration, each participant will be required to fundraise a minimum of $20 for LIVIN, and will be provided with their own fundraising page to collect donations from friends and family.

2 hours ago, gavinfulikes said:

After registration, each participant will be required to fundraise a minimum of $20 for LIVIN, and will be provided with their own fundraising page to collect donations from friends and family.

I love everything about this idea except this. The costs of registration should be going to the charitable organisation. The fundraising should be an option, but it shouldn't be required. Operational costs should be met by the sponsors.

If a family of 5 decides to join - they've all paid between $100-170 total to participate, and in turn they've got to find an additional $100 to squeeze out of friends and family? Are they not allowed to participate if they don't meet their fundraising goal? do they get their registration fee back? 

Sounds less like a fun run and more like a fund run.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

no drama with some swearing here and there, though having it appear on every post you make in quite an aggressive way seems unnecessary to me.... 

TomiJ has just built an emotional fence around himself.  What we need is Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris once took down a fence once. Maybe you heard of it, the Berlin wall.

Edited by New display name

2 minutes ago, TomiJ said:

Ooops I agree with Brad. I mostly use the mobile page, I forgot how it works on the desktop. 

@Brad2912 Please let me know if you have any issues with my profile moving forward. 

My sincere apologies,

@TomiJ

No need to apologise mate, I’m by no means the forum police, I typically use mobile too so maybe when I jumped on the forums on my laptop today it stood out. Just seemed strange and unnecessary. 

15 hours ago, Naazon said:

Hows a car going to keep out rabbits?

China's Great Wall Motors to Start Russia Manufacturing in 2019 - Russia  Business Today

I toyed with the car joke but opted for more local humour. Well played sir. 

10 hours ago, TomiJ said:

I was aware of this. That title belongs to DaptoFunland. 

I'd offer my usual response to tell you to sod off, but it seems appropriate here...

oh fuck off.