Sea World Celebrates 50 Years

themagician

1 hour ago, joz said:

I do quite like those 50 banners. I'm not sold on Gold Wally, also think any sign beyond 'Sea World *Year*' is messy as hell. Must we have hashtags in real life? But otherwise all the 50th stuff seems like a thing.

Gold Wally looks worse in person imo… I thought it looks super tacky a few weeks ago at Spooky Nights. Some gold highlights (maybe his hat or something) would have been much better 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Coasterjoe said:

I know Vikings Revenge has been discussed on this thread already but I was at Seaworld last night and honestly would love to know what they are planning to do with the space and the ride itself. Its just an eyesore, either refurbish and reopen, or remove it. 

They recently re-surfaced all the bridges over the Vikings troughs and the station looks like it had a quick once over clean. The roof beams look somewhat recently painted.

Otherwise no word on it.

If you can hide away a SBNO ride on the edge of your park, you can get away with it. If you have a SBNO ride/area in the middle of your park, you can't pretend it doesn't exist. The station and castle is a generous footprint for a new attraction, but New Atlantis is the current Capex focus.

Plus, there's no easy back-of-house access to that part of the park for heavy vehicles/machinery. They will have to take that into consideration when replacing VR.

14 hours ago, themagician said:

The bridge works needed to be done for access to Storm. The cleaning up could just be so it doesn’t look like a pile of mess. But if they have done some repainting, that is strange 

When I say recently, the paint isn't faded, peeling or dusty. Recently could have been 2 years ago but from what I was looking at, they looked fresh.

And ontop of one of the stone pillars in the station is what appears to be a new bottle of mount franklin water, with their new bottle design/label (not sure how long ago it was introduced though). Would be tricky for a member of the GP to put that there, so people for sure have been in and around there and I doubt a cleaner would leave rubbish like that.

On 30/10/2021 at 11:17 AM, themagician said:

They’ve somewhat tied the front of the park up, there is some signage throughout the park and they’ve painted Wally gold.

4A72D3A0-5A95-40CF-95A9-FC8712A1C1F9.jpeg

037010D6-3BE9-45B5-A6D1-EBCA83D84DAB.jpeg

DF5B7DFD-F031-41F4-A6C6-1C2BB6736383.jpeg

99312CFC-DCC3-47C5-B403-4428ECBD34A1.jpeg

The clean-up at the front entrance is mainly down to a redesign of the souvenir shop. Instead of exiting through the shop, you do a u-turn and exit through the same doors you entered the shop, and then quickly exit through a small gate beside the entrance booths. 

So the giant fuck-you billboards are gone because they no longer need to steer you back inside the entrance plaza to flog you a shitty greenscreen photo, because by exiting you beside the entrance booths, you walk straight by it. 

It's time they redesigned and refurbished the entrance plaza and begin using it the way they used to again.

• Like 1